Pacific - not dead yet..Tahiti 2020

Cruise Junky

We last sailed on the Pacific Princess in an aft Owner's Suite to Norway in 2017.

This is a diagram of the Club Class eating area. While it was not true Anytime dining, we could show up to 30 minutes late and still dine with anyone we wanted. We were one of 3 couples at table 9 who took it amongst ourselves to rotate sitting by the windows. Others preferred the privacy of table #1 and table #2.

20190414_121030.jpg

Edited by cflutist

57 minutes ago, cflutist said:

This is a diagram of the Club Class eating area. While it was not true Anytime dining, we could show up to 30 minutes late and still dine with anyone we wanted.

20190414_121030.jpg

We were on the Pacific for 29 days in December. There were three of us, they put us at table number #3 in your schematic here, but it was a table for four. They told us we could eat anytime we wanted, but we usually showed sometime between 6:15 and 6:30 PM. Actually the entire seating arrangement was different for us. If I recall correctly they made some major changes to it after the voyage got underway too.   

2 hours ago, paul929207 said:

You cannot change tables during the cruise. You will eat at the same table with the same waitstaff and same dinner companions for the cruise. Of course you can go to a specialty restaurant or the buffet any evening.

We were on the Pacific for 29 days in December. Club Class---they told us to come whenever we wanted. But two years before we were in regular dining for a month cruise. You are correct, that it is only traditional but Oscar, the Maitre D', is a magician. When we boarded we found out we were in early seating, which was way to early and not at a table for two but for eight. We didn't make a big deal out of it since we weren't promised anything, so ate in the specialties and the buffet for about a week, which was great too. However, without asking, Oscar sent us a note and said he had a table for us, it was a table for two and the head waiter said, "come whenever you want". So the following year we were on again, for a trans-pacific. Right from the start, Oscar had us set at a table for two and we came when we wanted, 6:30 PM. This last cruise though we were in Club Class and three of us, a full suite this time, out of this world.   

46 minutes ago, kennicott said:
We were on the Pacific for 29 days in December. There were three of us, they put us at table number #3 in your schematic here, but it was a table for four. They told us we could eat anytime we wanted, but we usually showed sometime between 6:15 and 6:30 PM. Actually the entire seating arrangement was different for us. If I recall correctly they made some major changes to it after the voyage got underway too.   

Good to know. We were on the 2nd sailing after drydock so they were still working on things.

They tested the balcony sprinkler system one day and some of the Club Class minis got flooded because the weather stripping wasn't sealing properly. We heard all the commotion and saw it ourselves. Large fans in the hallway next morning and carpeting being replaced.

Talked to a couple in CC Dining and they said that they had to sleep on deck 4.

From some of the recent photos, I see that more furniture and lamps were changed out in the Owner's suites.

Agree with you, lots of space and two toilets but also felt vibrations too in 8067. One night the minibar tray almost fell off the table, I had to move it to the sofa because it was rattling so much.

I hope that we all get the bookings we want next Tuesday. Goodluck to all of us.

On 4/11/2019 at 8:57 PM, land lover said:

If I remember correctly, saw a photo posted on CC of a very cute travel trailer and  have read about some pretty nice road adventures you & DW have taken....bet many who are booking suites wish they had your tenacity.

Am trying to a book flight  thru EZ air..wish my results were as good as yours.

Leaving for a week in a couple of days and will do a 5 - 6 week trip across the northern US this summer. 🙂

I'm practically drooling with anticipation reading all of these posts. We have never cruised Princess before, and never on a ship this small. If you had to describe the atmosphere on the Pacific in a few words, what would they be? By the time of the Tahiti cruises, we will be a couple ages 58/64 married 23 years and getting away from our college kids for a couple of weeks. We are active but not crazy party people. We enjoy listening to live music, having a good meal, relaxing by the pool or on our balcony with a tropical beverage or two, snorkeling, hiking, and meeting interesting people. Previous cruises were with our kids on Carnival and a "just the two of us" cruise to Bermuda on NCL. The Pacific looks and sounds like a different atmosphere than what we've experienced before, but I think it will suit us well. Good luck to everyone with bookings!

1 hour ago, cflutist said:

They tested the balcony sprinkler system one day and some of the Club Class minis got flooded because the weather stripping wasn't sealing properly. We heard all the commotion and saw it ourselves. Large fans in the hallway next morning and carpeting being replaced.

Talked to a couple in CC Dining and they said that they had to sleep on deck 4.

Yowzers---Sprinklers going off in your cabin! I wouldn't wish that on anybody, well maybe one or two---Ha.

Anyway, in the full suite we were in, 7114, only time we felt much rumbling was when they were maneuvering the ship for docking or positioning to drop the hook. I actually thought it would be much more significant. Everything was perfect in the suite all the way except we didn't like the deodorizer. Teddy removed it for us. My sister-in-law was with us the first two weeks and she didn't notice anything, which is something, as she is not a seasoned voyager. The reason she got off early in Rome is she didn't want to do eight consecutive's on the Atlantic. Tried to talk her out of it but to no avail. Turned out the Atlantic was a mill pond and we cruised most of the way parallel to the Tropic of Cancer, only concern was sun stroke. 

On one cruise we were in # 8000, a mini, which I really liked. We like it forward. Better flying fish viewing. On another we were in # 8050. Only mini we could get. When we first moved in there was quite a bit of engine or exhaust stack noise, mostly in the corridor and I thought, Oh-Oh. The lady next door wasn't happy. But after a few weeks her and I compared notes, we both agreed we didn't hardly notice it after the first day or so. I even woke up one night and it was perfectly quiet, I thought maybe we lost power or something and were adrift.

Sure glad to learn they are keeping the Pacific, at least for a while longer.               

6 minutes ago, kennicott said:
Yowzers---Sprinklers going off in your cabin! I wouldn't wish that on anybody, well maybe one or two---Ha.

Anyway, in the full suite we were in, 7114, only time we felt much rumbling was when they were maneuvering the ship for docking or positioning to drop the hook. I actually thought it would be much more significant. Everything was perfect in the suite all the way except we didn't like the deodorizer. Teddy removed it for us. My sister-in-law was with us the first two weeks and she didn't notice anything, which is something, as she is not a seasoned voyager. The reason she got off early in Rome is she didn't want to do eight consecutive's on the Atlantic. Tried to talk her out of it but to no avail. Turned out the Atlantic was a mill pond and we cruised most of the way parallel to the Tropic of Cancer, only concern was sun stroke. 

On one cruise we were in # 8000, a mini, which I really liked. We like it forward. Better flying fish viewing. On another we were in # 8050. Only mini we could get. When we first moved in there was quite a bit of engine or exhaust stack noise, mostly in the corridor and I thought, Oh-Oh. The lady next door wasn't happy. But after a few weeks her and I compared notes, we both agreed we didn't hardly notice it after the first day or so. I even woke up one night and it was perfectly quiet, I thought maybe we lost power or something and were adrift.

Sure glad to learn they are keeping the Pacific, at least for a while longer.               

Did you notice any noise from above in either 8000 or 8050?

We love the space in the mini but last year we were under the BBQ and several mornings (like 3 or 4) they were dragging furniture above us starting at about 5:30.

I called guest services and it stopped for a few days then would start again.

I just don't want to deal with being awakened that early for a month.

We were in 8067 (aft Owner's Suite)  and there was noise from them dragging furniture around early morning in the Panorama Buffet seating area above us. It didn't bother us, we just went back to sleep.

When the 18-night Land of the Midnight Sun bookings opened at 8am PDT back in late 2015, we called at 0755, and by 0805 both Owner's Suites on Deck 7 were gone. We got our third choice 8067 on deck 8.

23 minutes ago, chamima said:

Did you notice any noise from above in either 8000 or 8050?

We love the space in the mini but last year we were under the BBQ and several mornings (like 3 or 4) they were dragging furniture above us starting at about 5:30.

I called guest services and it stopped for a few days then would start again.

I just don't want to deal with being awakened that early for a month.

Well nothing at all in 8000 since it is directly below the card room. But I was concerned about 8050 for the reasons you suggest as it is below the buffet. So I measured it off, and found it is under the short corridor on the port side after one gets off the lift or stairs or comes in from the pool. So no tables there and as for foot traffic noise we never noticed any.  I know what you are talking about though, over the years we have been under the table and chair areas on other ships. Fortunately noise never seemed to start until we were out doing the gym bit so it never was a problem. 5:30 AM, wow, I didn't know the BBQ was open that early, maybe it was good weather and they were felling their plates at the buffet then coming out there and rearranging chairs and tables? But then, does the buffet open that early even? It might have been that they stacked the recliners and stuff around that area the night before due rain or cleaning and were beginning to set up for the day at the pool.
Edited by kennicott
  • Like 1

Thank you for the replies. I have read that the pool is both freshwater and saltwater. Which is it?

Also, when the elites are open to book this, will us lowly folk get to see everything but the prices, or will we need to wait until the next day to see what is what?

Thanks again for your replies.

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

The Pacific Princess pool is saltwater. The hot tubs (2 of them) are freshwater. 

I’m not sure what you’ll see.  What is it you want to see?  One of us could post itinerary screen captures here if that would help.  

I would love to see the itinerary. Of course prices would be nice too.

Thank you so much.

19 minutes ago, Wehwalt said:

Very similar to that on the Moon, especially after 9:30 pm.

So pretty much the same as every other cruise I have been on with Princess. Absolutely no big deal. This cruise is 100% itinerary based for me. 

It is going to part of the world I have always wanted to go to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, labsnabys said:

If you had to describe the atmosphere on the Pacific in a few words, what would they be? The Pacific looks and sounds like a different atmosphere than what we've experienced before, but I think it will suit us well. Good luck to everyone with bookings!

Someone responded to you by saying the Pacific atmosphere would look like the surface of the moon (albeit at night ). I disagree, here is the surface of the moon at night. Nuff said: 

048.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RMMariner said:

I would love to see the itinerary. Of course prices would be nice too.

Thank you so much.

The itineraries have been posted along with opening prices for each category of cabin.

See post# 136

Edited by chamima

On 4/10/2019 at 6:32 AM, Coral said:

Post #136

I wish we could somehow see ALL of the prices (within categories) so we could decide whether it's worthwhile to upgrade within each.

Edited by chamima

13 hours ago, cflutist said:

We were in 8067 (aft Owner's Suite)  and there was noise from them dragging furniture around early morning in the Panorama Buffet seating area above us. It didn't bother us, we just went back to sleep.

When the 18-night Land of the Midnight Sun bookings opened at 8am PDT back in late 2015, we called at 0755, and by 0805 both Owner's Suites on Deck 7 were gone. We got our third choice 8067 on deck 8.

Did you also notice noise from squeaking cabinet doors in your OS?  I know this sounds funny, but wife’s DS had a deck 8 OS and said the cabinet doors, at higher speeds made it very difficult to sleep.  We were in a deck 6 & had the same problem.  Luckily it didn’t bother me.....

Bob

23 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

614A0DC5-4D78-480E-A83C-9B574756A220.thumb.jpeg.58ba61a122e3598232f2f019b8fb73dd.jpeg

I will not be denied.....😁😁😁

Bob

Bob

I think they're releasing these earlier in the day.

I have noon Eastern time. (9 am Pacific)

My email from Princess below

image.thumb.png.2498a1293c0274359570e203e18d7dd2.png

Edited by chamima

3 hours ago, chamima said:

Bob

I think they're releasing these earlier in the day.

I have noon Eastern time. (9 am Pacific)

My email from Princess below

image.thumb.png.2498a1293c0274359570e203e18d7dd2.png

Thank you so much for the updated information:classic_smile:.  I would have been you know what if I hadn't seen your post.  Now you know why I was so mad at Princess last week in screwing up my email notifications.  Apparently I was removed for some unknown reason and recently added back on also for an unknown reason.  I was told that it can take up to four weeks to start getting emails again from Princess.....😒

Bob

22 hours ago, labsnabys said:

I'm practically drooling with anticipation reading all of these posts. We have never cruised Princess before, and never on a ship this small. If you had to describe the atmosphere on the Pacific in a few words, what would they be? By the time of the Tahiti cruises, we will be a couple ages 58/64 married 23 years and getting away from our college kids for a couple of weeks. We are active but not crazy party people. We enjoy listening to live music, having a good meal, relaxing by the pool or on our balcony with a tropical beverage or two, snorkeling, hiking, and meeting interesting people. Previous cruises were with our kids on Carnival and a "just the two of us" cruise to Bermuda on NCL. The Pacific looks and sounds like a different atmosphere than what we've experienced before, but I think it will suit us well. Good luck to everyone with bookings!

Easy ship to figure out. Entertainment and activities forward; food aft. You can get from the dining room (aft on deck 5 to the Pacific Lounge (forward on deck 10) in minutes. Easy to overshoot the forward and aft stairwells at first. Very laid back with great service.  

Well I was going to be joining the frenzy of booking tomorrow but I just scored a killer deal on Regent for a 10 day Tahiti itinerary that the dates works a bit better for us...Feb 2021 instead of the October Date.  Hope you all get the cabins you want tomorrow.  Good luck

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Well I was going to be joining the frenzy of booking tomorrow but I just scored a killer deal on Regent for a 10 day Tahiti itinerary that the dates works a bit better for us...Feb 2021 instead of the October Date.  Hope you all get the cabins you want tomorrow.  Good luck

Nice work. Not sure whether we will proceed with booking tommorrow. Lot to factors to weigh up.