Pacific - not dead yet..Tahiti 2020

Cruise Junky

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

It is confusing as there are some South Pacific included in the Australia and New Zealand itineraries.

Exactly.  Which is probably why the folks at Princess gave conflicting information.  I hope they will send an email to us about the Elite booking details for these cruises.

7 minutes ago, cflutist said:

The CSR I spoke to yesterday said she was absolutely sure that the 10 night RT Papeete was not included with todays release. She said that Tahiti and Cuba will be released on 4/23 4/24, but email that my TA received said 4/16. So who knows.

Princess really screwed this up. They are not effectively communicating to people.

Edited by Coral

Just now, icat2000 said:

Definatley, not showing on the Princess site like it is for all Australian/NZ cruises.

That's oddly reassuring to hear it's not open for you in Australia.  My fear was they would open it up to another market first.  Better when we all have the same access at the same time!

Ahoy there cruisers,  I am in OZ, was only able to get into Princess Elite bookings through the email sent by Princess at 9am our time,

When i clicked on it, it automatically logged me into My Princess account, so not sure it would work by forwarding the email to someone else?

The confusion is the Australia/New Zealand cruises are not cruises just around Aus/NZ, they are cruises departing from Aust and New Zealand, so for us it includes all our regular South Pacific itineraries, NZ, to and from Asia and Tahiti/Hawaii........not the Pacific Princess Tahiti/Hawaii cruises that do not originate from here or return to here. I believe they are next week.

bit confusing yes! No Pacifc Princess showing for us Aussies that are Elite.......sigh of relief for you all haha!!

I spent half the morning and couldnt get past the choose a cabin haha!! all good now though. My PVP was able to help so all good........just to clarify, i was not looking for Pacific Princess but the Sapphire itineraries from Asia

Edited by cheznandy
  • Like 2

The title of this thread is about the Pacific Princess still being alive-----I'm sorry, but I've got a headache trying to follow all the conflicting posts about other Princess ships in the South Pacific and their itinerary's, which I could care less about. Somebody please start a new thread dealing with the ship we love.  

1 hour ago, kennicott said:
The title of this thread is about the Pacific Princess still being alive-----I'm sorry, but I've got a headache trying to follow all the conflicting posts about other Princess ships in the South Pacific and their itinerary's, which I could care less about. Somebody please start a new thread dealing with the ship we love.  

Your welcome to start a thread if you wish covering that topic.

This topic covers the new sailings in later half of 2020 discussing the Pacific Princess returning to do Tahiti runs. As per the topic heading. There was rumour that Princess was going to sell off the ship. 

The reason why the discuss about South Pacific was there was some confusion as to whether the cruises would go on sail at the same time as the other South Pacific/NZ/Australian sailings. Which was today. 

Edited by icat2000
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Your welcome to start a thread if you wish covering that topic.

This topic covers the new sailings in later half of 2020 discussing the Pacific Princess returning to do Tahiti runs. As per the topic heading. There was rumour that Princess was going to sell off the ship. 

The reason why the discuss about South Pacific was there was some confusion as to whether the cruises would go on sail at the same time as the other South Pacific/NZ/Australian sailings. Which was today. 

Thanks Sarah, I wont even make comment on that other post.

coral and Azbirdmom, thanks for acknowledging my post, just wanted to let you all know that we over here had no early access and no Pacific Princess Tahiti.

Good luck with your bookings.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Coral said:

It is confusing as there are some South Pacific included in the Australia and New Zealand itineraries.

Not Confusing. These are Itineraries that originate in Australia and New Zealand thus the name of the deployment. They include some which go to the south pacific. South Pacific Originating Itineraries such as pacific's Tahiti runs aren't included in this as they don't originate in AUS/NZ . So today's release was for the AUS/NZ Originating itineraries.

Chez and Andy, I was hoping you were looking to book the Pacific Princess cruises, too, and we’d finally get a chance to meet up. I’d’ve loved that, but know you’ll have a great time on the Sapphire Princess (my favorite larger ship!). 

Now to guess at what time on April 16 these itineraries will be open for Elite bookings. Really, really excited about these!  DH keeps asking, “How much will it cost?” and I just tell him I have no idea, but, based on the interest level shown on this thread, these are going to be very popular cruises and future price drops might be unlikely. 

I never imagined we’d have the opportunity to do these again, plus Pitcairn and a return to Easter island. 😁

46 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Now to guess at what time on April 16 these itineraries will be open for Elite bookings. Really, really excited about these!  DH keeps asking, “How much will it cost?” and I just tell him I have no idea, but, based on the interest level shown on this thread, these are going to be very popular cruises and future price drops might be unlikely. 

The prices have been posted.

PC_2020_Tahiti_FaresAmenities_TA_03_2019-3.xls

9 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Ahoy there cruisers,  I am in OZ, was only able to get into Princess Elite bookings through the email sent by Princess at 9am our time,

When i clicked on it, it automatically logged me into My Princess account, so not sure it would work by forwarding the email to someone else?

The confusion is the Australia/New Zealand cruises are not cruises just around Aus/NZ, they are cruises departing from Aust and New Zealand, so for us it includes all our regular South Pacific itineraries, NZ, to and from Asia and Tahiti/Hawaii........not the Pacific Princess Tahiti/Hawaii cruises that do not originate from here or return to here. I believe they are next week.

bit confusing yes! No Pacifc Princess showing for us Aussies that are Elite.......sigh of relief for you all haha!!

I spent half the morning and couldnt get past the choose a cabin haha!! all good now though. My PVP was able to help so all good........just to clarify, i was not looking for Pacific Princess but the Sapphire itineraries from Asia

Thanks for letting us know that you Aussies (who are already lucky to live in such a beautiful place!) didn't get a week's head start on booking.

I think I know what started the confusion - some Princess CSR looked at the words "Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific" and took it upon her/him self for that to mean it included the Tahiti cruises.

It made for a very frustrating evening for many of us and for our poor travel agent!

38 minutes ago, Coral said:

These are only the starting prices. There are 10 categories of balcony cabins and I would imagine those prices are for the lowest obstructed view. Makes it hard to compare with other categories.

2 minutes ago, chamima said:

These are only the starting prices. There are 10 categories of balcony cabins and I would imagine those prices are for the lowest obstructed view. Makes it hard to compare with other categories.

Correct but it gives one a good range.

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Chez and Andy, I was hoping you were looking to book the Pacific Princess cruises, too, and we’d finally get a chance to meet up. I’d’ve loved that, but know you’ll have a great time on the Sapphire Princess (my favorite larger ship!). 

I never imagined we’d have the opportunity to do these again, plus Pitcairn and a return to Easter island. 😁

Awww......one day! We had already decided on the Shanghai to Freemantle repositioning before I knew about these ones, hey but one more inside cabin for you all!!

We also booked a 2 week Vanuatu/ New Caledonia cruise on Sapphire, a perfect ship for cruising around the South Pacific.

Good luck for all your bookings everyone,  I look forward to your future Blog J, and tell G these cruises are priceless😜

3 hours ago, mycruisey said:

Cannot open.  Can you send another way?

Try the PDF I've attached - hope it works for you.

1 hour ago, RMMariner said:

Looking at the spreadsheet.

Can anyone please tell me what initial amenity points and NCF are?

Amenity points relate to the perks TAs can offer.  NCF means non commission fare.  The only relevant data points to us would be the fare and the port fees.  Add those together and that should be the lowest Princess fare for the category.  Actually if you book right away your fare will likely be reduced by the launch savings too.  As Coral indicated though, these are good for providing a range of costs.  Hopefully we'll find out the real amounts for what's available to be booked next week.

PC_2020_Tahiti_FaresAmenities_TA_03_2019_FINAL-s.pdf

3 hours ago, JerryinBWB said:

Interesting that Taxes and Port Charges differ on the various 10-day cruises.  Some are $100, some are $105. Not a big deal, obviously, but interesting if all itineraries are identical. 

Good catch.  I wonder if there will be tendering from one port on a couple of itineraries with $100 charges?  Or it could just be a typo.

I have to wonder about the cost of airfare to or from Tahiti. Apparently that isn't important to most folks here. I'll wait until the cruises are actually posted and check EZ Air pricing but I've always been told that flights too and from Tahiti were killer expensive.

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

I have to wonder about the cost of airfare to or from Tahiti. Apparently that isn't important to most folks here. I'll wait until the cruises are actually posted and check EZ Air pricing but I've always been told that flights too and from Tahiti were killer expensive.

Given that many, airlines don't post schedules and prices until 331 days before the flight, we'll all have to wait until next November or December to get accurate information.  I have looked at the pricing for this October and while it is more than Europe the distance is also greater especially for those of us coming from the East Coast or Europe. 

30 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Princess might run a sale to include discounted airfare.

When I booked this Tahiti cruise with Princess in 2014 it was during a "World of Savings" sale where you saved up to $700 per person on airfare and that's what I saved, $700 on the airfare. The flight through EZ air ended up costing around $600ish per person on Air Tahiti Nui and the best part I didn't have to pay it until final payment date.

Also last year Holland America did 2- 14 day roundtrip cruises from Papeete (sadly I couldn't do because I already had a different cruise booked) and from what I saw, they were offering air promos for those 2 cruises. I also heard that HAL chartered the flights which is why they offered the air promo.

So it's possible to get to Tahiti for cheap. 😊

Edited by Georgie562

From Vancouver to Tahiti return, best price I have seen, is around $1600 Canadian. Hoping Princess will have a promotion or charter like Holland America did.

I would have gone with HAL last year, but there was no way to get the days off work. 2020, I am hoping will be possible.

Air Tahiti Nui is a great airline to fly from LAX we have flown to tahiti on them and have been pleased...a G plus a little more has been the cost recently.

If I remember correctly on our 10 TP cruise back in 2005 boarding on the ship was up to 11pm also people disembarked whenever they wanted....up until that time