New table in Edge sky suite

[g]cruiserke

We always take the little table in our cabins out to the balcony to get it out of the way. Looks like this is too big even for the balcony! Sure takes up a lot of floor space. I hope these are not in our "revolutionized " SS on Equinox in Sept.If so, I will have to ask the steward to remove it. 

Looks like it will be very useful.   Glad Celebrity listened to the complaints and did something about it.   Don't feel bad about it being a low table even the CS on S-Class have just a low cocktail table for dining.  

• Like 4

There are also new, more comfortable chairs at the pool bar and the sunset bar. Celebrity is clearly constantly evaluating guest feedback and making changes where possible. 

IMG_20190414_113231.jpg

IMG_20190414_113929.jpg

Edited by [g]cruiserke
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, 39august said:

We always take the little table in our cabins out to the balcony to get it out of the way. Looks like this is too big even for the balcony! Sure takes up a lot of floor space. I hope these are not in our "revolutionized " SS on Equinox in Sept.If so, I will have to ask the steward to remove it. 

The Edge S3's have a very large balcony so im sure the table will fit. We will have to try out breakfast there one of the next few days. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

There are also new, more comfortable chairs at the pool bar and the sunset bar. Celebrity is clearly constantly evaluating guest feedback and making changes where possible. 

IMG_20190414_113231.jpg

Is it me, but these chairs don't seem that comfortable. If I am in a short dress or shorts then the gaps in the chair pattern will just dig into my legs. (If that makes sense) Can feel the pain pulling myself off them now ...

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Is it me, but these chairs don't seem that comfortable. If I am in a short dress or shorts then the gaps in the chair pattern will just dig into my legs. (If that makes sense) Can feel the pain pulling myself off them now ...

I am wearing shorts and found the chairs to be quite comfortable but I will gladly sacrifice myself and go back to test them out a few more times 😜

The pool bar chairs especially are a hundred times better than the original ones we had on our December Edge cruise, they are lower and have a footrest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

I am wearing shorts and found the chairs to be quite comfortable but I will gladly sacrifice myself and go back to test them out a few more times 😜

The pool bar chairs especially are a hundred times better than the original ones we had on our December Edge cruise, they are lower and have a footrest. 

Well I think I need more confirmation re the chairs … I think I fair test would be at least another 3 times  (per day!) :classic_blink:

Good that they are listening. Hopefully, by the time we go in August she will be perfect

:classic_biggrin:

Tables seem to fit okay with the low to the ground divan style sofa and can be moved outside..

Let,s give X credit for trying to respond to the Hoppen goofs..may not be perfect for all but better than a tom tom.

Maybe they can put some outdoor seat cushion on the bar chairs!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Celebrity’s changes will not be perfect for everyone, but I am very happy that changes are being made; I welcome them!  I still have a few weeks to go, but am excited and cannot wait for my turn...

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Celebrity’s changes will not be perfect for everyone, but I am very happy that changes are being made; I welcome them!  I still have a few weeks to go, but am excited and cannot wait for my turn...

Great change for 112**.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Tables seem to fit okay with the low to the ground divan style sofa and can be moved outside..

Let,s give X credit for trying to respond to the Hoppen goofs..may not be perfect for all but better than a tom tom.

Maybe they can put some outdoor seat cushion on the bar chairs!

I wonder if this is a Hoppen table?

Edited by vtcruising

What I heard is the old chairs were showing rust in Jan 2019. So that was the reason they were replaced. I think the table is nice. So much better than the tv tray we had in a S1 in March. I was my understanding that Celebrity did not want tables in the suites. They dont want you eating in your suite. Less work for the butlers. With Luminae closing by 9am or 9:30 for breakfast and still only open for lunch on sea days. Seems to be limiting choices.

IMG_20190306_094445935.jpg

Unless they swap out the super low divan style couch we will not be able to give Edge a try.  With arthritis of the spine there’s no way I will be able to get up from the couch without help.  Crazy when style overtakes substance and functionality.

16 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I wonder if this is a Hoppen table?

I checked for any branding but there is none. It's a very sturdy, beautifully lacked piece of furniture and obviously brand new as I did find a piece of packing carton stuck to one the legs. 

Our butler Alex just came by and confirmed his excitement about the new table. I told him we will be having breakfast on our balcony later this week so we can test out the new set-up. 

Edited by [g]cruiserke
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, watchdiva said:

Unless they swap out the super low divan style couch we will not be able to give Edge a try.  With arthritis of the spine there’s no way I will be able to get up from the couch without help.  Crazy when style overtakes substance and functionality.

I know that not everyone would go all this trouble, but Kearney added 3 inch risers to the couch and it worked well for bad knees. Just putting it out there for those who would otherwise like to sail on the Edge. 🙂

333258995_couchonrisers.jpg.0023826f24ad4f85aa99efaaa20a1a0b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Well I think I need more confirmation re the chairs … I think I fair test would be at least another 3 times  (per day!) :classic_blink:

Good that they are listening. Hopefully, by the time we go in August she will be perfect

:classic_biggrin:

At this rate, by the time you board in August, they will have renamed her 😆

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I know that not everyone would go all this trouble, but Kearney added 3 inch risers to the couch and it worked well for bad knees. Just putting it out there for those who would otherwise like to sail on the Edge. 🙂

333258995_couchonrisers.jpg.0023826f24ad4f85aa99efaaa20a1a0b.jpg

They sell these online and in catalogues..Could be helpful as they were for Kearney but   the ceiling is already lower in that area in the IVs..( AC duct)  

Any real table in the IV would have been nice,  even a fold up!