Qsine on Summit

printingchick

Does anyone know definitively about the future of Qsine on Summit? We're cruising February 2020 and have reservations and are wondering which version to expect - the traditional Qsine or Petite Chef. Lots and lots of conflicting reports. I know that it DID NOT become Petite Chef during the Revolution, but some continue to report that the change-over is still planned. 

FWIW, the farthest out Summit cruise that is now showing on the Celebrity app is Sept. 1-8.  Under the dining options, Qsine is still listed, with the Qsine menu.   (But with Celebrity's IT department, that may not mean anything at all.  🤣)

• 5 weeks later...

I called on this exact topic last week. The Captains Club rep confirmed with a supervisor as we were both finding conflicting information. They had originally planned to integrate LPC with Qsine on Summit and Millenium but have opted not to do so at this time. They had no news on future changes. 

We were honestly a little bummed as our sons 4th birthday will be on Summit this August and thought he would have loved it for that evening.

Edited by rM3panno

While we were on a B2B on Summit last year I had a conversation with one of the "stripes" about the future of Quisine.  While I know exactly who the person is and their position I doubt they want to be cited on CC.  That person told me that there were some issues with "installing" LPC on all of the M-class ships and they didn't know if LPC could be installed on Summit.  Since the Quisines on M-class ships are in what was the old conservatories, which all look to be about the same dimensions to me, I found that comment interesting.

As of two weeks ago it was stated the the traditional Qsine was staying for the fall due to bad public response from those ships that have LPC. Knowing Celebrity, it could also change tomorrow. 

• Haha 1

We spoke to the Executive Chef of Summit while we were aboard last week and he said they are not bringing LPC to Summit. This could change, of course, but that's the word for right now.

• Thanks 1

I'll be boarding Summit on Wednesday and will see what I can find out once on board.    I was just checking the Celebrity App (not sure if one can trust it) and it lists Qsine only.  

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear the Qsine should remain through the fall (we’ll be on the Summit in October). To me it’s pretty clear that LPC is a dinner and a show, and should be treated as such with a few seatings a week, not with a dedicated venue with multiple seatings a night. It seems they overestimated the demand for it, especially since it is one and done for most people. Also the menu is pretty limited, and the Summit has so few specialty restaurants as it is. 

• Like 2

Most people don't realize how lucky we are to have Le petit Chef. Friends of ours saw this technology in Europe for over 180/pp. We've seen it 2x times on Celebrity - 2 different shows - 4 different menus options! A true highlight of our cruise. Can't wait to share the experience with our extended group on next cruise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mialias said:

Most people don't realize how lucky we are to have Le petit Chef. Friends of ours saw this technology in Europe for over 180/pp. We've seen it 2x times on Celebrity - 2 different shows - 4 different menus options! A true highlight of our cruise. Can't wait to share the experience with our extended group on next cruise.

I'm sorry but we don't see the need to pay for cartoon reruns while we wait for our food.  There is no luck to it.  Waiting for sea food soup, or lobster, of filet.  The menu items are mostly available in other venues.  We prefer the "old" menu and the opportunity to talk to the friends with whom we are dining.  Those cartoons must really be good in Europe unless the food is superior... 😉

• Like 1

I believe Le petit chef is not for everyone. Especially if you call it a "cartoon". I am a retired engineer and what they present is nothing short of a technological marvel with amazing dimension and brilliant storytelling. And its called animation. You could look at it as simple - but its far from it. Again, its not for everyone especially if having a spring roll is a dealbreaker for you. You do need to be willing to spend the extra, and being a little young at heart helps, but our whole family (literally from 8-80) found the experience incredible and fun and we've eaten in the best restaurants all around the world. LPC if you're open minded will be a very memorable - experience. LPC is the one all agreed must-do on our whole family's list for next celebrity cruise.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Booked on Summit for the 12/21/19 holiday cruise.  Specialty dining options in the Cruise Planner are currently showing Tuscan Grille, Sushi on Five, and Chef's Table by Daniel Boulud, which appears to be offered on certain nights in Tuscan Grille. 

Qsine is not showing up as an option at all.

Any insight from anyone into this?   Love Qsine in its classic form but wouldn't be opposed to LPC either having just experienced in on Edge.  Will definitely need to get out of the MDR for a night or two to get some quiet time away from our group of 13.

On 6/17/2019 at 12:46 PM, Mialias said:

Not our cup of tea.  We do.not socialize with robots or cartoons on our plate!

For most it's a one and done..for us a none and done non starter.

Q sine was a real treat that was hijacked!

• Like 2

I haven’t tried LPC and I know one should not judge something before trying it but the new LPC does not look special to me. The menus can be found anywhere. Now the former format works for us. If anything I wish that they would offer a few nights of the old format. 

• Like 1