Printed Luggage Tags

Oscar1978

So we're supposed to "attach" these printed luggage tags to our bags once we pick our bags up from baggage claim area and before our luggage is loaded on to the transfer vehicle. Our group is worried about these flimsy paper tags getting ripped off while the bags are in transit to our rooms.  

I'd like to hear how you guys have attached your printed luggage tags to your bags. 

Enjoy your cruise....we're so excited...

Oscar 

15 minutes ago, Oscar1978 said:

So we're supposed to "attach" these printed luggage tags to our bags once we pick our bags up from baggage claim area and before our luggage is loaded on to the transfer vehicle. Our group is worried about these flimsy paper tags getting ripped off while the bags are in transit to our rooms.  

I'd like to hear how you guys have attached your printed luggage tags to your bags. 

Oscar 

Our preferred cruise line sends you actual pre-printed "airline type" self-adhesive luggage tags. It's a relatively small nicety but much appreciated.

If I was ever in a position of having to print a luggage tag, I'd look online for blanks of those printable, "thermal"  self-adhesive tags and make my own.

An alternative would be to laminate any paper ones you print.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

23 minutes ago, Oscar1978 said:

Oscar 

Reusable clear luggage tag holders. You can purchase them on Amazon. Cruise Critic also sells them. Look under Logo Store. 

Edited by davekathy

We also wrap the printed tags in clear packing tape.    We can usually attach ours at home, but we found a little (less than 2" long) stapler at a dollar store and carry it with us when we travel.   In comes in handy for attaching tags (also the debarkation tags when you're getting off the ship) and when stuffing as much as possible into the flat fee 'fill the bag' laundry specials that many cruise lines offer.   We fill it, then staple it shut.   

8 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Our preferred cruise line sends you actual pre-printed "airline type" self-adhesive luggage tags. It's a relatively small nicety but much appreciated.

If I was ever in a position of having to print a luggage tag, I'd look online for blanks of those printable, "thermal"  self-adhesive tags and make my own.

An alternative would be to laminate any paper ones you print.

A few years ago we cruised with Silversea, and they badly wanted to send us everything on paper, with airline style tags, to arrive a couple of weeks before we cruised.  Since we were going to already be away, we had to convince them to send edocs, which was not easy.  Preprinted tags and paper documents may be more gracious, but not always more convenient for customers.  

We use the plastic holders, and find they hold up very well.   They’re also easier than laminating, and maybe a tiny bit more environmentally friendly, since they will be reused.

Hi Oscar

If you print your tags at home you can easily reinforce them. I use clear packing tape. If you put it just on the front side, it will be sufficient, but if you want put it on both sides. It will remain flexible, but very strong. I usually also carry a small (dollar store type) stapler, but you can also use some duct tape or some other means to secure it to your bag. Keep these things handy for when you get off the plane and you will easily be able to put them on.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

On 5/8/2019 at 8:28 PM, Oscar1978 said:

Oscar 

The porters have tags at the pier. Take a pen and write your name and cabin number on those. Much easier than the things you print.

As long as you fold it over and over like the directions say, the paper doesn't tear, so no worries there. (Folded paper is VERY strong!)

The bigger concern is the staple.  If you only staple at the end, you make a big loop that can get caught on the wheels of other bags, etc.  If enough pressure gets exerted, the staple can give way and the tag can come off. 

To prevent this, staple near the handle first on each side of the tag, then at the far end, so you have a small loop around the handle and a flatter tag with no loop.  

I also put two tags on each bag -- one on the side handle, one on the end handle.  

Never had a problem.