Classic package new limit?

39august

On our cruise the price limit was per drink $9. That's still the max price on the website. If you wanted a more expensive drink, you only paid the difference. The website pegs the cost per night at $59

Edited by mom says

I believe the post last week about a  higher limit was  due to the requirement  that published prices must include gratutity On the drink on menus and  beverage package flyers on cruises from Australia and Southampton.

As far as I can tell the limit on the Classic package is still $9 without gratutity.   When you add the 20% gratutity it rounds to $11.

Tge price per day for the Classic package is $59 and has been that price for awhile now.

Edited by jelayne

3 minutes ago, lndamitch said:

I would like to get a sample of the "house" spirit brands in the classic package.  Can anyone help?

From Celebrity's website:

Classic Package

$59 USD/per night*

Includes drinks up to $9 and those of the Standard Beverage Package. A 20% service charge is added to each check. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 15%

VODKA

• Absolut and Flavors
  • New Amsterdam
  • Smirnoff
  • Tito’s

GIN

• Beefeater
  • Bombay Dry
  • Gordon’s

TEQUILA

• Cazadores Blanco
  • Don Julio Blanco
  • Herradura Blanco

WHISKEY (BOURBON, CANADIAN, IRISH, AND SCOTCH)

• Canadian Club
  • Dewar’s White Label
  • Famous Grouse
  • Jim Beam
  • Johnnie Walker Red
  • Monkey Shoulder
  • Seagram’s 7
  • Seagram’s VO

COCKTAILS

A large selection of classic cocktails made with Classic Beverage Package spirits

RUM

• Bacardi & Flavors
  • Bacardi Oakheart
  • Captain Morgan's
  • Kraken Black Spiced
  • Malibu
  • Myer’s
  • Wray & Nephew

LIQUEURS & COGNACS

• Campari
  • Galliano
  • Goldschlager
  • Hennessy VS
  • Kahlua
  • Kirsch
  • Licor 43
  • Novo Fogo Cachacas
  • Ouzo
  • Romana Sambuca
  • Southern Comfort
  • Tia Maria

BEERS

• Alaska Brewing (Alaska Sailngs)
  • Amstel Light
  • Boddington’s
  • Coors Light
  • Corona Light
  • Corona
  • Franziskaner
  • Kirin
  • Kirin Light
  • Miller Lite
  • Moretti
  • Newcastle Brown Ale
  • Pabst Blue Ribbon
  • Red Stripe
  • Sam Adams
  • Strongbow hard ciders

WINES

A large selection of wines from around the world, such as chardonnays from California, merlots from Washington, malbecs from Argentina, and riojas from Spain

NON-ALCOHOLIC

• Nonpremium bottle water
  • Premium coffees
  • Juices
  • Sodas
  • Premium teas
  • Like 1

There have been inconsistent information on this. Shortly after they increased the classic and premium package cost to $59 and $69 per day, they increased the limit for premium package drink from $13 to $15 while keeping the limit in classic at $9. Last week, I got a flyer on Solstice during the Behind the Scene tour. It said the limit for Classic is $11 while $15.5 for premium. The per day cost for the two packages are $59 and $69 on the flyer still. Some people said the $11 is after gratuity but it does not make sense for the $15.5 limit for premium unless the pre gratuity limit is still $13. Even if that is the case, it would be $10.8 and $15.6, not $11 and $15.5.

Edited by Tourist1292
  • Like 1

Does anyone know what the cost is for a shot of Aperol on ice?  While campari is listed, Aperol (a somewhat similar aperitif) is not noted on the listed drinks for the classic pkg.   If a bar has it can we get it as part of our drinks pkg anyway (paying the difference if it is over the limit for the classic pkg)?  I am hoping I can get an Aperol on ice then get a Prosecco so I can combine them to make a Venetian Spritz.

9 hours ago, Carnevale said:

Does anyone know what the cost is for a shot of Aperol on ice?  While campari is listed, Aperol (a somewhat similar aperitif) is not noted on the listed drinks for the classic pkg.   If a bar has it can we get it as part of our drinks pkg anyway (paying the difference if it is over the limit for the classic pkg)?  I am hoping I can get an Aperol on ice then get a Prosecco so I can combine them to make a Venetian Spritz.

Just ask. If they have it or whatever you're wanting isn't listed on the CBP and it is over the limit you pay only the difference plus the gratuity.  

Classic Package

$59 USD/per night*

Includes drinks up to $9 and those of the Standard Beverage Package. A 20% service charge is added to each check. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 15%

What does this actually mean?  Even with the Classic Package included, you will still have a bill at the end?

17 minutes ago, Cruisingirl2012 said:

Classic Package

$59 USD/per night*

What does this actually mean?  Even with the Classic Package included, you will still have a bill at the end?

No bill when ordering drinks on the ship with the CBP or the PBP. All gratuities are figured in the final cost of the CBP and the PBP that you purchase. The $59.00 for the CBP you listed is before gratuities are added.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cruisingirl2012 said:

Classic Package

$59 USD/per night*

We have never had a bill and have always had a BP.  Maybe different this time as the promo only allocated a BP to the first two occupants and there will be 4 of us so the choice is to purchase whatever package that the others want or pay as you go.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4Mast said:

We have never had a bill and have always had a BP.  Maybe different this time as the promo only allocated a BP to the first two occupants and there will be 4 of us so the choice is to purchase whatever package that the others want or pay as you go.  

There is no bill when there is no additional charge on top of your package covered drinks. When you order drinks in the MDR, they would register your cabin with your table the first night when you order drinks. After that, you just order the number of drinks according to the number of drinking package on your table. We have 4 packages for 2 cabins with 6 people total and we just order 4 drinks each time. Wines and cocktail are handled separately so you need to give the seapass to them at the first order of each. They don't care who order what as long as the total number is within the limit. 

• 2 weeks later...

You can have regular martinis...not the specialty ones at The Martini Bar...those would have an upcharge.  The wines will vary from ship to ship and sailing to sailing.  So there really isn’t any point to upgrade to the Premium Package, at least for wines, until you are onboard and can see what is available.  I’m quite a wino and I’ve always been perfectly happy with the Classic Package.

5 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Speaking of limits, is there a total number of drinks per day under the Classic package ?

I’ll never get over 6-7 but just curious

You may not go over 6-7 alcoholic drinks per day but the package also includes bottled water, pop, and coffee and teas from Al Bacio...easy to go over when you include those!

Was it the Tea Forte or whatever they call it?  There are a couple of teas that are over the Classic price point.  But it sounds like you mean she was charged the full amount not just the overcharge.  If so, sounds like one needs to board armed with the PFD sheet from X saying what's included and let them try to tell you the rules have changed....