Jim_Iain Live!!! - B2B Summit New England and Bermuda Jun 5 & 16th

Jim_Iain

Hack of the Day

I was able to get my Roku and Laptop to connect to the tv.  For Roku you will have to create a hotspot in order to be able to log into your internet account.  Many YouTube videos on this. 

Quick tutorial

1.  Most important is when tv turned off plug in HDMI and power on device

2. Power on TV by pressing the button bottom right.

B8E91318-27DF-4801-A011-9CD94FF2F4A8.thumb.jpeg.53ed8280ccfde104404da87884bc75e2.jpeg

3.  Press button until source is highlighted and hold button.  It will recognize port and open. 

AE1722A3-0365-412E-82DA-D73CCF54BDA7.thumb.jpeg.1acbe09cb1e19e2aacbbcf77cc95bfd0.jpeg

9D7A0143-29D8-4907-A914-6C84B1837E87.thumb.jpeg.29b0782e94b87106cc4b910c0c7d4fce.jpeg

62A02A12-001A-461D-AE88-97AE21E24293.thumb.jpeg.56fe47e0cf5001efac544974eb34626b.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Screen mirroring.   

The function is is suppose to be active but not properly configured. 

On an IPhone I had to download Samsung SmartView.  When I fire it up it shows about 50 tv’s all except one are called Samsung 6 Series (43).  Have not found a way to rename the tv. 

A59725BB-CD72-43E5-8316-637A5B7695BE.thumb.jpeg.3517a3e7cbda3278b651ed530ba6b7ac.jpeg

1DCD303C-A49F-4D64-8C66-478DA7E6A61E.thumb.png.9006c3df86608c83eec9970949326c26.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It it is beautiful and in our opinion a huge upgrade from the old antiquated, dark decor of the past. 

Jim,

I agree.  With the exception of a few "misses" (in my opinion only) regarding some of the seating options I like the brighter decor.  And from what I can see there is PLENTY of storage options in the PH.

Janice

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2019 at 3:14 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I think you will love getting back on Summit.   She really is beautiful all dressed up in her new attire.

Last night was our first Chic night and we will only have one more for this cruise.   Most folks dressed Resort Casual with about 20% dressed in dinner jackets or Tux and evening dresses.   Possibly more dressy in Retreat as they had the Senior Officers Greeting at 5:30.

I am sure you will be beautiful with your choice of attire.

Geez. 

I don't know about that, as I look best naked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

Today’s weather was so perfect that we did a day trip to Ogunquit. Although tomorrow in Boston doesn’t look quite as pristine it doesn’t look too bad either. I hope you enjoy whatever you have planned.

Love Ogunquit, especially the little Harbour on the point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We had a real treat yesterday.  Trish, Karen and George invited us to a nice reception in their beautiful Penthouse.   

It it is beautiful and in our opinion a huge upgrade from the old antiquated, dark decor of the past. 

F48A70F1-E053-49C3-9B06-569D8888127E.thumb.jpeg.64939cbb07c53c6459a83b9bf9ecbdf8.jpeg

Was that chair actually comfortable?  It looks rather silly to me.  I see the milk cartons are still on the balcony.  Word was they were to be deep sixed.  Sure hope they take care of that before we board next year!

If you have a chance to post more menus from Blu we will really appreciate it.  We will do our first X cruise in October in AC and are curious about the menus (but perhaps they vary from ship to ship??).

You always do an amazing job on your blogs!  So informative and interesting!!  Thank you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Today’s weather was so perfect that we did a day trip to Ogunquit. Although tomorrow in Boston doesn’t look quite as pristine it doesn’t look too bad either. I hope you enjoy whatever you have planned.

It’s 8:00 am and the ship was just cleared. Looks beautiful with no clouds in the sky.  I just scanned the weather and you know better than I, but they are projecting mid-70 and chance of showers increasing chances in afternoon and evening. 

7 hours ago, Carnevale said:

If you have a chance to post more menus from Blu we will really appreciate it.  We will do our first X cruise in October in AC and are curious about the menus (but perhaps they vary from ship to ship??).

You always do an amazing job on your blogs!  So informative and interesting!!  Thank you.

Here’s last evenings.    I try to post but sometimes forget. If you download the Celebrity App the menus have bee correct so far.  

It was a little strange as the had pheasant for A second night in a row. 2AE523A2-E070-4A66-A7BD-4E2E01B513F1.thumb.jpeg.7e6526baddb0ae9551005ed243225f2d.jpeg

2D35B894-DB0E-4DF2-ADF4-258D9134A639.thumb.jpeg.834b46708d2aba2fb63b5c3360f31c0f.jpeg

Iain and I had the Boursin Cheese.  For the main I had the Risotto and Wanda and Iain had the Pork.   Risotto was so so but they said the pork was good.  

For desert we had  banana foster.  Yum. 

C7BF233F-C545-4277-A0F5-D85EA889CD89.thumb.jpeg.7def536fd316e4d0e5cbad2266e008cb.jpeg

27A5C641-CED5-4BC1-8BF5-75F1D466B1E8.thumb.jpeg.4cdefd16b6509d9ce39d117fa445f961.jpeg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

I was LMAO when I ran the weather this morning.   I'm guessing WeatherUnderground has a small technical error or I'm going to need my thermals -

image.png.b96e0ee4590cae7864c35867957a7f07.png

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Alushar said:

Wow @Jim_Iain caught up after a weekend away and New England exponentially racheted up the to do list! Great blog thank you both so much 

I’m glad you are enjoying.   I’m very impressed with both the ship and the itinerary.    

• Like 3

On 6/8/2019 at 3:53 PM, jcpc said:

One last question:  Is Albert on board?  He's the gentleman that lives on Summit.  I didn't think I saw him in the picture from the Zenith luncheon.  I did, however, see a few folks who are Summit "regulars"! 

Thanks.

I found out that Albert is no longer on Summit.   His condition had deteriorated and he had to leave the ship and what I have been told he will not be returning.    I'm sorry I was not able to meet him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I found out that Albert is no longer on Summit.   His condition had deteriorated and he had to leave the ship and what I have been told he will not be returning.    I'm sorry I was not able to meet him.

We have sailed with Albert multiple times- both on the Summit and when it was chartered on the Silhouette.  Sorry he isn't doing well!   We will miss him- a true gentleman.  We had dinner with him at the Captains table on a few occasions.

I have been following along, and I have to say thank you for doing such a great job showcasing our part of the country! June is actually a great time to visit, everything is in bloom, pleasantly warm but the humidity of the summer hasn't moved in yet. Hope you're enjoying Boston today, it's a lovely day so far.

12 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Was that chair actually comfortable?  It looks rather silly to me.  I see the milk cartons are still on the balcony.  Word was they were to be deep sixed.  Sure hope they take care of that before we board next year!

I can't believe the mild cartons are still there.  You would have thought X got the message to throw them overboard.

• Like 1

Many thanks for the Blu menu and the tip about the app.  I had downloaded the app but as my sailing is on Infinity I discovered the app won't apply so I never looked any further into what it offers.  It's great to have access to all the menus and the other info.  I really wish we were going to have this on Infinity as I can see how it would be very useful.

Thanks for not only sharing info from your cruise but also helping those of us who are new to X get oriented toward things like the app!

Karen and George and I were thrilled to finally meet Jim and lain and host them in our suite. Jim and lain, We are hoping to spend more time with you both this week.  Trust me, the “milk cartons” will in no way diminish your enjoyment of the suite nor the cruise.  There is no need to throw them overboard.  However, for those of you that are so distressed about them I do think it is easy for you to jump overboard from this beautiful verandah.  Just thought I would mention it so you know that you have an option should they still be here when you are fortunate enough to occupy the suite.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, h20cruzer said:

Very much enjoying your Live report, especially the pictures. Thanks for taking the time.

Norma

Thanks Norma.   Having a wonderful cruise and we have been very lucky with perfect weather so far.  What a treat.

8 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We have sailed with Albert multiple times- both on the Summit and when it was chartered on the Silhouette.  Sorry he isn't doing well!   We will miss him- a true gentleman.  We had dinner with him at the Captains table on a few occasions.

We unfortunately never met him but many of the Zenith's knew him well and some have spoken to him recently.   He remembered them and had a pleasant chat but said that it was time for him to move off the ship.