Jim_Iain Live!!! - B2B Summit New England and Bermuda Jun 5 & 16th

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Yes, it was Captain Leo who was prior to Captain Kate who started sailing past the Statue of Liberty. I was on the first sailing that Captain Leo did it. The harbormaster has to approve it every time so that it was not done does not necessarily mean the current Captain won’t do it. 

We did the pass by on Summit sometime  after  it started.  It was a great treat!

We have also enjoyed passing by the 9 11 Monument ( teardrop) in Bayonne.

Both very  touching !

th.jpeg-3.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hcat said:

We did the pass by on Summit sometime  after  it started.  It was a great treat!

We have also enjoyed passing by the 9 11 Monument ( teardrop) in Bayonne.

Both very  touching !

Thanks.  Loved the monument but did not realize it’s significance. 

878BDC23-0F80-4E0B-9ABE-C2512DB42F01.thumb.jpeg.00728ec10f3b3b1d4103de3c0ba28639.jpeg

• Like 2

Captain just came on the PA that we would be departing shortly.   Distance to Bar Harbor is just under 200 miles an we will be sailing at 10 knots.  Seas expected to be 3 feet and winds 20 knots.   Temps tomorrow will be high of 60 and partly overcast. 

Enjoyed catching up on the latest posts and photos...Superb!  

Nice to enjoy and appreciate USA ports so close to D Day!

Thank you  again for taking us to places we may not visit on our own....you  and Lain are having a great cruise yr and we are the  lucky to folow along!  Have you considered doing  a travel book on your fav ports?

Any feedback on the Lobster Lunch in Q sine would be appreciated..dh is allergic but I could enjoy doing that solo  if offered on our cruise!

On our Canada/New England cruise a few years ago we sailed past the Statue of Liberty and the 911 Monument. It was Captain Kate's first full cruise as Master of the Vessel and we were honored to be invited to the Captains table for dinner.  We had a whole lobster dinner out of one of the ports, don't remember which one. Very enjoyable cruise that we hope to repeat.

8 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks.  Loved the monument but did not realize it’s significance. 

878BDC23-0F80-4E0B-9ABE-C2512DB42F01.thumb.jpeg.00728ec10f3b3b1d4103de3c0ba28639.jpeg

Great shot...may I copy it for my own enjoyment?  Love the bridge in the background!

23 minutes ago, hcat said:

Enjoyed catching up on the latest posts and photos...Superb!  

Nice to enjoy and appreciate USA ports so close to D Day!

Thank you  again for taking us to places we may not visit on our own....you  and Lain are having a great cruise yr and we are the  lucky to folow along!  Have you considered doing  a travel book on your fav ports?

Any feedback on the Lobster Lunch in Q sine would be appreciated..dh is allergic but I could enjoy doing that solo  if offered on our cruise!

I’ll see what they can find out.   Today was the first time I noticed it outside Oceanview.    

23 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

On our Canada/New England cruise a few years ago we sailed past the Statue of Liberty and the 911 Monument. It was Captain Kate's first full cruise as Master of the Vessel and we were honored to be invited to the Captains table for dinner.  We had a whole lobster dinner out of one of the ports, don't remember which one. Very enjoyable cruise that we hope to repeat.

I have not yet sailed with Captain Kate yet but hopefully she will be on Edge by Oct/Nov when we finally get the opportunity to experience The Edge. 

47 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

What beautiful weather you are having.  I hope we will be as fortunate on the June 16th sailing.

One can never tell but I suspect that it will be as nice but maybe a little warmer.  No complaints at all here.

Thanks, Jim.  That walk looks very "do-able".  Although I will say that I freak out when walking over water or driving over a bridge.  Crazy I know since it doesn't bother me one tiny bit to be on a cruise ship.......but walking or driving over water really freaks me out.  I always have visions of the bridge/walkway giving out.  Oh well we all have our bits of craziness now don't we??

Also you mentioned that lots of seating has been added to the jogging track area.  If memory serves me correctly those chairs were always up there on Deck 11.  So I don't think any extra seating has been added.

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for posting. We would definitely like a redo of our Canada New England cruise - we had terrible weather. We are on the summit 11/30 but your review is making me want to book a cruise on the summit before then. 😊

hope you are having a wonderful time!

Edited by maggieq

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We were on that cruise with you and fresh, whole Maine lobster was in the MDR, too. I remember the port was Portland, ME, as our son, who lives in NH, met us for the day. It was a lovely day and the "lobbies" were delicious!

3 hours ago, jcpc said:

Re going by the Statue of Liberty when leaving Bayonne.  I sail on SM from Bayonne quite frequently and I think the last time we sailed by the Statue was 3 or 4 years ago.  It seems that it's rarely done anymore.

They did it last summer very often, I only asked to see if they had done it this year.

43 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

They did it last summer very often, I only asked to see if they had done it this year.

Maybe they do it in the July/August months.  I usually sail May/June and September/October.  Hopefully Captain Ioannis will take a turn around the Statue when I sail later this month.  No matter how many times I see the Statue it takes my breath away.

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jcpc said:

Maybe they do it in the July/August months.  I usually sail May/June and September/October.  Hopefully Captain Ioannis will take a turn around the Statue when I sail later this month.  No matter how many times you see the Statue it takes my breath away.

I agree...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Thank you Jim, more savings in paper and ink, let's see if this is fleet-wide.

That was the case last month on the Millie. We asked for it and they said they are no longer printing them. Funny how they don't have the paper and ink for this one page but they have plenty for all those Park West ads and "invitations" that we get bombarded with almost daily...

• Like 3