Jim_Iain Live!!! - B2B Summit New England and Bermuda Jun 5 & 16th

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, goldsmip115 said:

Karen and George and I were thrilled to finally meet Jim and lain and host them in our suite. Jim and lain, We are hoping to spend more time with you both this week.  Trust me, the “milk cartons” will in no way diminish your enjoyment of the suite nor the cruise.  There is no need to throw them overboard.  However, for those of you that are so distressed about them I do think it is easy for you to jump overboard from this beautiful verandah.  Just thought I would mention it so you know that you have an option should they still be here when you are fortunate enough to occupy the suite.

We are look forward to enjoying the suite next to yours in a couple of weeks. I think the redo is lovely , well, except for maybe the weird sphere chair. I am wondering if you are missing the dressing table outside the bathroom. That’s where I usually get ready in the evening and I’m just curious where you can plug in hairdryer and flatiron now. 

Thanks Jim_ Iain for the great insight on your trip. The info that you are sending is invaluable to future cruisers on this itinerary!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ecslady said:

I can't believe the mild cartons are still there.  You would have thought X got the message to throw them overboard.

Yes the Milk Carton's are still there.   Actually they also have a couple of them on Deck 4 Smoking Area.     When I first saw them I thought they were beat up leather cubes but later learned they were ceramic and designed to look that way.   Oh dear!

The butler said they were due to be replaced but waiting for their replacements.  

8 hours ago, cynbar said:

I have been following along, and I have to say thank you for doing such a great job showcasing our part of the country! June is actually a great time to visit, everything is in bloom, pleasantly warm but the humidity of the summer hasn't moved in yet. Hope you're enjoying Boston today, it's a lovely day so far.

Thanks so much for following along.     We have definitely been loving to get to know New England better and you are right the weather is perfect for touring.    I am really into flowering plants and shoot lots of pictures of the beautiful blooming.   It is interesting to see things that are now in bloom like the Rhododendrons that are at prime bloom bloom at home in February.

We had an absolutely fantastic day in Boston.

5 hours ago, Carnevale said:

Many thanks for the Blu menu and the tip about the app.  I had downloaded the app but as my sailing is on Infinity I discovered the app won't apply so I never looked any further into what it offers.  It's great to have access to all the menus and the other info.  I really wish we were going to have this on Infinity as I can see how it would be very useful.

Thanks for not only sharing info from your cruise but also helping those of us who are new to X get oriented toward things like the app!

Yes I agree the app has limitation but the current cruises are pretty accurate.    I still haven't found out how you register another person to use the texting capability.     Some on the ship have gotten it to work.   

I also thought you could use the app to view your account.    Either it is not available on Summit or I just haven't been able to figure out how to access it.

2 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Karen and George and I were thrilled to finally meet Jim and lain and host them in our suite. Jim and lain, We are hoping to spend more time with you both this week.  Trust me, the “milk cartons” will in no way diminish your enjoyment of the suite nor the cruise.  There is no need to throw them overboard.  However, for those of you that are so distressed about them I do think it is easy for you to jump overboard from this beautiful verandah.  Just thought I would mention it so you know that you have an option should they still be here when you are fortunate enough to occupy the suite.

We definitely look forward to spend more time with you, Karen and George.    The "milk cartons" if I'm thinking of the same tables (the white cubes) would in no way affect my enjoyment of the beautiful penthouse.    For me it is so much more functional designed than it was in the past.   I may just have to have Iain rent it to celebrate my next Significant Birthday.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

Safe travels guys,  hope you had a nice visit!

We had a truly wonderful day in Boston today.   We took it easy and saw sights and scoped out what we might do next week when we return.    It's up to you to make sure we have as nice of weather as you rolled out for us today. 

• Like 2

FD1F5EDC-22E0-498D-90A4-CFDC13321577.thumb.jpeg.d98c551966deeb777aa70a705ceca594.jpeg

We got up around 9:00 am and had a light breakfast at the Retreat.  They have a fantastic Greek Yogurt and fresh berries.  Perfect for me with a sweet roll.  

We decided to take Uber into town and invited Wanda to join us.   The ship was charging $18.95 pp/RT.    Uber cost us $13 each way including tip for the 3 of us. 

When exiting the terminal I asked a police officer the best place to grab an Uber.    He said some drivers were having trouble getting into the port and said across the street in front of Dunking Donuts was a good place.  We pressed the button on like a genie he appeared.   He was laughing and said he was in front of us when he got the assignment.  

He he was a wonderful driver and gave us a tour as we drove to the Quincy Market.  We had him drop us at City hall instead as the traffic was getting heavy.  

113C2096-2B06-4FD9-8EF1-F0EA0225E1C5.thumb.jpeg.613cdcab8ecfba5207b58d1b79efa181.jpeg

0F1DAE89-7360-491A-A8C6-9B5DF5335A40.thumb.jpeg.de6057fef025bdc1a87e379f408cd0d8.jpeg

27BA78B8-76A8-4E7E-8A50-E42C83699D27.thumb.jpeg.81e30ce6ca0c84d88c575f4757b39fdd.jpeg

4B4248F9-C4C4-47DC-9FFE-39B223396275.thumb.jpeg.40d8ee72481c11e0005fe84d2b94417f.jpeg

Notice the steam coming out of tea pot. 

• Like 3

On 6/9/2019 at 4:06 PM, Jim_Iain said:

We had a real treat yesterday.  Trish, Karen and George invited us to a nice reception in their beautiful Penthouse.   

It it is beautiful and in our opinion a huge upgrade from the old antiquated, dark decor of the past. 

A1C59419-66E5-47F5-9625-9011E9048AF3.thumb.jpeg.72f10b99a077352be78835c04682164c.jpeg

3F63E388-0FAB-44DD-AC4F-A4DC575701B5.thumb.jpeg.5f33cf8075f23d8dce917db3d0174343.jpeg

5BAEB381-E02B-48A1-B636-08C3A6C269B9.thumb.jpeg.86e5358acc74c9458e0f03f8358cc58a.jpeg

76D20CB3-CA08-4B3A-9E80-40A9688A9D46.thumb.jpeg.e0e422204b36e1fbc1c94844844a153d.jpeg

2568FB14-0E6D-4702-A63E-D0105A75EF86.thumb.jpeg.178f15b5cf7ad0ad53ec94817e187b38.jpeg

F5CB48B8-AE5F-4D55-98F3-A8E93992FB18.thumb.jpeg.69ab546eb3504e45004b901eaf0b9c87.jpeg

18C05560-344B-40ED-9F9A-42AE4F6C6361.thumb.jpeg.7ad988a3ca90456a4f173cabb8206df3.jpeg

B443B88E-1E11-4295-B903-7FF04C639B86.thumb.jpeg.8370fdf68c4375e7286b60a836b2ea63.jpeg

E8E5A362-711E-4774-8BD6-78D1554D4FBD.thumb.jpeg.8d16d41992f63c10f91262dc19e89c60.jpeg

408379A0-33DB-4291-80FF-894D9B1B835A.thumb.jpeg.0be969abbab3e7dc259dea03ab24232c.jpeg

F48A70F1-E053-49C3-9B06-569D8888127E.thumb.jpeg.64939cbb07c53c6459a83b9bf9ecbdf8.jpeg

702A19C6-F27D-49AD-B07A-888C0A46B453.thumb.jpeg.53a1f3bb8598a28fe716c4bf03fef4ab.jpeg

BBFAC980-F8A9-4F3D-9DA3-2E70BC4499C2.thumb.jpeg.2750e0bd7dd12f4567b17a43ba482a65.jpeg

5C4BAA8D-48F6-4CD0-B4F6-9DA701DD9EA5.thumb.jpeg.3607f4cfb6d3b31c15e298e58f5a6136.jpeg

Wow... very  nicely done.   Thanks for sharing.  Nice of your hosts to invite you..great space.

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I found out that Albert is no longer on Summit.   His condition had deteriorated and he had to leave the ship and what I have been told he will not be returning.    I'm sorry I was not able to meet him.

Thanks for the update re Albert.  It's too bad that he had to leave the ship.  I believe that he wanted to spend his remaining time with his "Summit family".

6 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

How kind of you to suggest that I jump overboard.  I think I'll pass on that.  I'm quite certain that the unfortunate milk cartons will have been disposed of by the time I board the ship.

6 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

duplicate post

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes the Milk Carton's are still there.   Actually they also have a couple of them on Deck 4 Smoking Area.     When I first saw them I thought they were beat up leather cubes but later learned they were ceramic and designed to look that way.   Oh dear!

The butler said they were due to be replaced but waiting for their replacements.  

The "milk carton" seats are ceramic? How odd, I thought they were made of canvas. I don't think I've ever seen ceramic seating. Doesn't sound too comfortable, but it looks like there is plenty of other seating in the PH that looks pretty comfy. I know it wouldn't deter us from renting the PH, if we were willing to spend what it costs to stay in one. It looks quite lovely. 

Edited by bermadu22

On 6/9/2019 at 4:19 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Last night at dinner a delightful couple from cc dropped by to say hello.  I apologize I forgot their names except their user name is User 1234567.    Really enjoyed meeting.  

I am so enjoying reading your live review...I've read a couple of your past reviews and enjoyed those. My parents are also sailing on this cruise and mentioned meeting you. I'm pretty sure you are referring to them here...Mom's user is Member 123...IRL Pam and Dave/David. 🙂

Edited by Anita Latte

10 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

I am so enjoying reading your live review...I've read a couple of your past reviews and enjoyed those. My parents are also sailing on this cruise and mentioned meeting you. I'm pretty sure you are referring to them here...Mom's user is Member 123...IRL Pam and Dave/David. 🙂

Yes you are correct we chatted two days ago and she was nice to me mind me of their names.   I can be so bad with names. 

We we really have enjoyed getting to know them. 

On 6/6/2019 at 5:28 PM, hcat said:

Do you know if they served Prime Rib in the mdr on Night 1?

You have been on CC long enough to know you can delete the parts of a quote that do not apply to your comment/question.  That way, other readers do not have to look at the same pictures (even though they are very nice pictures) again and again. 

We now return to regular programming.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kenevenpar said:

You have been on CC long enough to know you can delete the parts of a quote that do not apply to your comment/question.  That way, other readers do not have to look at the same pictures (even though they are very nice pictures) again and again. 

We now return to regular programming.

Sorry but I do not do very well with all that,.esp  as  the new CC  format repeats my past posts which i have enough of a time deleting..  I do not know how to double and triple quote either after all these yrs.   It  will take me awhile to find the 6/ 6  post of mine you quoted.  Sorry I wasted the space   and your time! Consider me chastised!

We now return to a great review.!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Jim, 9111 just popped up for our June 16 sailing.  Thought I would mention in case you want to increase bid or pursue it.

Funny you should mention this right now.  We were just looking at this but afraid it is under a noisy area.  Don't know if we will take it anyway; it's kind of late to book now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2019 at 5:58 PM, djh said:

We are look forward to enjoying the suite next to yours in a couple of weeks. I think the redo is lovely , well, except for maybe the weird sphere chair. I am wondering if you are missing the dressing table outside the bathroom. That’s where I usually get ready in the evening and I’m just curious where you can plug in hairdryer and flatiron now. 

Thanks Jim_ Iain for the great insight on your trip. The info that you are sending is invaluable to future cruisers on this itinerary!

While I do miss the dressing area I always found the AC to be woefully inadequate in that area.  Now I plug in my hair dryer by the outlet next to the bed and then plug in my curling  iron after drying.  Not ideal but the positives of the suite renovation far outweigh the negatives.  There is also a plug with a universal adaptor above the desk in the MBR.  There is also a mirror above the desk.  That can be used as well.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hcat said:

Sorry but I do not do very well with all that,.esp  as  the new CC  format repeats my past posts which i have enough of a time deleting..  I do not know how to double and triple quote either after all these yrs.   It  will take me awhile to find the 6/ 6  post of mine you quoted.  Sorry I wasted the space   and your time! Consider me chastised!

We now return to a great review.!

Hcat - Since Jim is into tutorials, why don't we do a quick one.  If you quote a post with pictures and commentary that is not relevant to your reply, just click on the photo and click delete.  To delete text, just block it and click delete.  Add your reply language and send.

To reply to multiple posts at one time, use the "+" that is to the left of the "Quote".  That will drop each quoted post into one reply.  Then delete any extraneous photos/text.

Back to the trip to Bermuda.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

BTW, the AC is much better now

Thank you so much for your input!  Yes, I remember the AC being lacking, so that is a plus. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

• Like 1

We just got off the Summit on 6/5 - day you boarded.  We ran into fog in New England ports, too.  We had same concerns for changes in cabin (we were concierge), chair instead of couch, the odd light over the bed, etc.  Bed and towels were great though.

We still enjoyed the cruise and love the Summit (our 5th cruise on her).

Enjoying your posts and pictures.  Bon Voyage!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, pd7277 said:

Hcat - Since Jim is into tutorials, why don't we do a quick one.  If you quote a post with pictures and commentary that is not relevant to your reply, just click on the photo and click delete.  To delete text, just block it and click delete.  Add your reply language and send.

To reply to multiple posts at one time, use the "+" that is to the left of the "Quote".  That will drop each quoted post into one reply.  Then delete any extraneous photos/text.

Back to the trip to Bermuda.

Hah..thank you. Guess old dogs can try new tricks!

I will try the  plus sign ...never knew.  The  dropping  of excess photos seems easy , Partial quotes  may be a bit tricky...I think people get into trouble doing that but I will try as well,  still working on getting rid of my past posts that are often repeated when I make a new post.

Sorry I caused a diversion from the review......which I am following with great interest!  I think we are good to go!