Pays to check EZ Air daily

canadarocks

I admit I'm incredibly anal when it comes to checking prices, whether it be hotels, cruises, etc. But my obsessive behaviour paid off big time yesterday. An EZ Air flight I had never seen before (and as I said, I look daily) suddenly showed up as an option at $200 less than what I had already booked. Pounced on it of course. Today, that same flight is $400 more than it was yesterday. 

• Like 1

When we saw the price drop on our flights booked by EZ Air we were excited because it was significant.  However, we upgraded (paid for upgrade) directly with the airline, chose our seats and all was fine. When we called the airline (directly) we were told if the price was adjusted it would result in a new booking number and the upgrade cost would be non refundable and non transferable. Lesson learned.

12 hours ago, canadarocks said:

I admit I'm incredibly anal when it comes to checking prices, whether it be hotels, cruises, etc. But my obsessive behaviour paid off big time yesterday. An EZ Air flight I had never seen before (and as I said, I look daily) suddenly showed up as an option at $200 less than what I had already booked. Pounced on it of course. Today, that same flight is $400 more than it was yesterday. 

Such great advice. I am the same way. I almost always am able to get cheaper flights or better itineraries than my original booking. 

Excellent thing to be doing. I’m similarity obsessed and do the same thing. 

Some time back Keith (aka Colo Cruiser) made me aware of some of the EZAir nuisances. Total aggregate savings are now north of $2K. 😃😃

Thanks, Keith!

Edited by Ep010835

Sometimes you are just in the right place at the right time with EZAir.

A few months ago I found a fare of $60 for a one way direct flight on Delta from Tampa to LAX. Needless to say, I pounced on it and ended up making that flight for that price.

Add me to the list of those checking EZ Air daily, but in my case I’m checking for about six different potential returns. DH laughs at me- I get so excited when I save $75...even when it’s on a flight we’re not likely to take, because we’ll stay on for another cruise. 

Yesterday, with the new Sun and...Something promotion, I found almost $1500 in cruise fare savings. Fanfare and celebration filled the house. 🤣

EZ Air is great going to Europe and vice versa, the prices do fluctuate quite often, with that said going to South America is another story. Some of the flights I've seen for the two of us costs more than the cruise itself, business class, but I keep checking and will till the cutoff date but not looking good.

So how do you check new flight prices.  Do you go into your booked cruise and click on the "Add or Modify this flight"?  

Or do you do it outside of your cruise booking?  If so, how do you get there?

Sorry, I am just afraid I will screw up the flight booking I already have.

Thanks

1 hour ago, lellenm said:

Do you go into your booked cruise and click on the "Add or Modify this flight"?  

Yes. The key is to not hit "Cancel" but hit "Add or Modify". Then go through the steps as if you're booking for the 1st time. Before you have to commit to a different flight or pricing, your existing booking and price will show to the left of the new price. If you don't want to change, just leave the page. Easy breezy. 🙂 

12 hours ago, amypete said:

Thanks for the reminder! Just saved another $40 on the same flights! 

Same flight / same seats / instead of owing $15 they owe me $21. Asking PVP to buy more OBC as I got it in the Dad25 promo

(Went from 135 to 98)

Edited by Ombud

1 hour ago, canadarocks said:

Yes. The key is to not hit "Cancel" but hit "Add or Modify". Then go through the steps as if you're booking for the 1st time. Before you have to commit to a different flight or pricing, your existing booking and price will show to the left of the new price. If you don't want to change, just leave the page. Easy breezy. 🙂 

FWIW, there IS a failsafe for this. I was checking pricing for an upcoming Rome trip, had yet another brain fade, and accidentally hit Cancel instead of Add or Modify. It presented a small popup window that asked for confirmation, with Cancel or OK as the options. Hitting Cancel backs out safely, no harm done.

I am finally using EZair for the first time, but I love the fact that if the price goes down, I have the opportunity to refare.  I always seem to be the traveler that books way too early with the airline to reserve the seats I want, and the prices inevitably go down.   (I will say I have saved $49.00 thus far with EZair - not a lot, but there is a least potential to save a few more dollars). 

Learn something new everyday here on CC!  Thanks everyone.  In the past we usually booked direct with Delta our dominant carrier (DTW) and we often have FLL at one end or the other of a cruise or both ends.  Thus, we're FF on that line so not a lot of incentive to try a different airline.  Only time we did was to fly to SFO for an Alaskan cruise.  Used Frontier with a change in Denver (beat Delta's price) and wouldn't you know we had a snowstorm there (May!).  Everything worked out, but I would have rather flown over that weather <g>.