Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

41 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I'm not sure about that.  I thought I read that travel agencies were still the primary purchase point for Royal's cruises, and travel agencies use a different website.

Absolutely,  but I'll bet most cruise planner purchases are done through website. 😉🍺

• Like 1

1 hour ago, funz69 said:

To good to be true!

Beware: if you find a too-good-to-be-true  prices  Booking it is a gamble. There are no current laws or regulations that compels a company to honor these pricing mistakes. Please read your cruise contract. Errors and mistakes are not honored especially on Alcohol. Sorry but it is stated in the cruise contract and website that they can correct, updated and change anything without notice. 

1 hour ago, funz69 said:

To good to be true!

Beware: if you find a too-good-to-be-true  price. Just note, There are no current laws or regulations that compels a company to honor the pricing mistakes. Please read your cruise contract. Errors and mistakes are not honored  on cruise lines websites. Sorry but it is stated in the cruise contract and website that they can correct, updated and change anything without notice. 

Some cruisers will have a hard time not understanding why the cruise line will not honor the pricing error.  It works totally different with cruise lines. 

I wish you the best! 

•  

Thank you for joining Cruise Critic just to make these two almost-duplicate Captain Obvious posts.  😯

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Yup.  In our case we drink a couple of glasses of wine with dinner (now using Diamond free drinks) plus a bunch of Diet Coke.  Maybe one more drink during the day.  Since we had already bought the soda packages I figured we need to just average one drink a day and maybe a juice or water bottle to break even.  Wasn't even sure I wanted to book at this price but did so for two cruises next year.  Might try a couple of drinks we would not normally buy, but they will still make money on us.  Last cruise bought exactly one alcoholic beverage plus the wine with dinner.

These show up in Order History as "Deluxe Drink Package Special Offer".

As of 9:30 MT still showing in Order History.  If they cancel we will just go back to the soda package and they will make less money from us.

Laura's White Zin costs under $4 a bottle. So less than $1 a drink. They'll make money on her 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

D+ get 30% off and P’s 40% and the majority I know still don’t buy the package. 

40% off of $60 is my understanding.  Twice the cost of this sale, so no go

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

40% off of $60 is my understanding.  Twice the cost of this sale, so no go

Yes, off onboard price. You said $5 off, that would be $45 based on current $50 pricing. Your 40% off would still beat $45. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

The prices on the two cruises I booked it for have normalized; the one that was $16 per person per day is now $55 and the one that was $18 per person per day is now $50. My order history still shows the ones I purchased so far though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Come on.... you had to know it was incorrect and an IT issue. If they overcharged for something people would be screaming. 

A mistake yes. Very similar to one I made when I accidentally cancelled the wrong RC excursion on their website before my last cruise and immediately called to explain but was told ‘I’m sorry but you’ll have to rebook at the now higher price’, which was significantly higher. Amazing how companies find ways to explain away their mistakes but when consumes make them their hands are tied.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yes, it off onboard price. You said $5 off, that would be $45 based on current $50 pricing. Your 40% off would still beat $45. 

And it still has no value to me at that price. 

I had to think about $18

• Like 2

Just now, Calbeeman said:

A mistake yes. Very similar to one I made when I accidentally cancelled the wrong RC excursion on their website before my last cruise and immediately called to explain but was told ‘I’m sorry but you’ll have to rebook at the now higher price’, which was significantly higher. Amazing how companies find ways to explain away their mistakes but when consumes make them their hands are tied.

I’m not going to argue with you there. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Why does everyone think it was a kid or an intern. Could have been anybody 

I think it was supposed to be for the Refreshment Package... 

Not sure if it is a kid, an intern, or a lil ole lady with bad eyesight :) 

Edited by LilBlackDress

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

And it still has no value to me at that price. 

I had to think about $18

Thought so. The D+ and P I know are unlikely to purchase the package at the 30%/40% off onboard pricing. Oasis Class has better options if you like certain beers and wines over other ships to P’s and Suite Guests. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Thought so. The D+ and P I know are unlikely to purchase the package at the 30%/40% off onboard pricing. Oasis Class has better options if you like certain beers and wines over other ships to P’s and Suite Guests. 

Truthfully I bought it because of the itineraries. 

B2B on Liberty in late April. I see a lot of pool time. Wont be going ashore much

16 night Jewel repo from Rome to Dubai. Lots of sea days. I initially passed on the 9 day Arabian Coastal,  but when I changed my mind it was to late

• Like 1

Price for Allure November 2020 TA is now up to $50. But, my order has not been cancelled yet. I had to think twice even at $18, but figured even we would break even at that, although our bar tab is never even that high. Oh well, we will see what happens. They really got themselves into a conundrum with their response that they were going to honor it. 

mac_tlc

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Going to be interesting tomorrow 

Would love to be a fly on the wall in Miami tomorrow.

Bad enough that this happened in the first place but to have conflicting information go out and continuing to sell the packages 6-7 hours after the fact sure has led to more negative responses than the initial error.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rockvixxen said:

Royal has now posted it was a glitch. They are not honoring

I missed getting the discounted price, but where are they saying they will not honor it? 

7 minutes ago, rockvixxen said:

Royal has now posted it was a glitch. They are not honoring

They also stated that it was the actual price.  Hmmm.  And it still shows as a purchase for $18 per night in my CP.  

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 6.55.12 PM.png

Edited by Grenouille21