Does Celebrity Have Irons???

ssymyroz

36 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

celebrity has lots of irons which were confiscated from passengers who tried to bring them on their ships and I wonder what they do with them all?  I hope they give them to charity and don’t just consign them to landfills somewhere

Items confiscated are returned at the end of the cruise. 

Den

Edited by Denny01

Regarding the confiscated irons, and steamers, and kettles, and all the other no no’s, they are set at a table near where people get off the ship so they can be retrieved,  but a large percentage of them are forgotten and end up being left behind.  On back to back cruises, as the passengers are being led off ship to go through customs on turnaround day, being last off the ship we can see just how many items are still sitting on that table, forlorn and forgotten, after all the other passengers have left.  There’s usually quite a collection of abandoned items and I have also wondered what happens to them.  I hope they wind up in a charity shop somewhere.

Den, irons are not returned to passengers automatically.  You need to claim them.  After our last cruise, we were sitting next to a couple from the ship at the airport and started chatting about the cruise..  She suddenly realized that she didn’t get her iron.  She thought they would deliver it to the stateroom.  I told her she would have needed to pick it up but she must have walked right past that table when she left she ship, so what happened to her iron?  Did it wind up in the rubbish bin?. 

8 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Try Downy Wrinkle Release.

I used it on a cruise on the Summit and it worked on my husband’ s dress shirts and my cotton dresses and slacks and capris.

We have found wrinkle release to be useless....may get tiny wrinkles out but if you have worn a garment and it is creased in your lap or behind your knees it does not do anything with those wrinkles.

We’ve found that packing clothes with dry cleaner bags works the best for eliminating wrinkles. If there is an offending wrinkle then I hang the item in the bathroom when showering & the wrinkles steam themselves out. The pressing & dry cleaning on board is fabulous as well

We use the Wrinkle Release and have had pretty good luck with it on casual clothes. Sometimes, we send out especially wrinkled items to be pressed. But generally, we don't worry too much about it. Don't forget that everyone else is in the same boat (pardon the pun) !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ssymyroz said:

Quick question.  Does Celebrity have clothes irons available for guests?  Thanks in advance.

No, but wrinkle release spray works really well.    And if you have something that really wrinkles alot  fold your clothes with tissue paper and you will see they don't wrinkle...you can find info on it on google.

• Like 1

We rolled our clothes when packing, sprayed with Wrinkle Release, and hung once we arrived.  I was shocked at how little items wrinkled if packed that way.  I did not even have to spray my sport coat at all.  Now you are not going to have razor creases in your pants, and all bets are off if packing linen...Modern day fabrics that have a little give to them are going to wrinkle a lot less than other fabrics.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Den, irons are not returned to passengers automatically.  You need to claim them.  After our last cruise, we were sitting next to a couple from the ship at the airport and started chatting about the cruise..  She suddenly realized that she didn’t get her iron.  She thought they would deliver it to the stateroom.  I told her she would have needed to pick it up but she must have walked right past that table when she left she ship, so what happened to her iron?  Did it wind up in the rubbish bin?. 

And I am sure when Celebrity "confiscates" banned items at the beginning of the cruise, the passenger is TOLD they can reclaim their item when they disembark. But then, I'm sure many, many people forget all about the items until they are home. Plus, some probably don't even want to mess with having to find a place in their luggage to stow the item, so they just leave them behind.

20 hours ago, gatour said:

No cruise line allows irons or travel steamers.

Except Cunard who have guests laundry's with ironing board and irons to use . You cannot bring  your own in board though 

We've had a power strip confiscated.. and we picked it up at the end of the cruise.  We also had our luggage held because we had packed scissors ..After we promised we wouldn't take them out of our room, our luggage was released.  

When we picked up our power strip there was indeed a huge pile of things waiting to be picked up.  

We too use wrinkle release and steam.  I pack our clothes in tissue paper and use packing cubes.  When hanging up our clothes minimal wrinkles fall ight out.  Tissue paper really does work!