Elite bathroom amenities

Highland dancer

I just returned from back-to-back cruises on the Island. I received the bag with everything except the sewing kit on my first cruise. I didn't receive a second bag on the other cruise and didn't bother to ask for one. I traded my second minibar for a bottle of wine. 

I view the loyalty credit as a way to reward passengers beyond Elite status. I'm two cruises away from the next level. I also made the top 40 events on both cruises, another way that Princess acknowledges loyal passengers. 

• Like 3

Ceilidhi you got more then I did with my last cruise.  I only got that one when I mention that since my first Elite cruise I never seen one since.  I had called Princess about my OBC account not having the loyalty added.  I had originally called a month ahead, who told me to call 2 weeks ahead of cruise.  Then at 2 weeks he told me to call 3 days ahead.  Then 3 day ahead said I was too late that I should have called 2 weeks ahead.  YIKE!!  Get it straight which one.... 

Linda

I'm surprised at how inconsistent the delivery of this particular Elite perk is for many people reporting back here. Honestly, I have never given it a second thought because we have never not received it at some point during any of our cruises since getting to Elite.  I have noticed the items get changed up every once in awhile between cruises, but we have always gotten them for both of the rooms we generally book. It certainly isn't something I would miss should Princess stop handing them out, but I guess I never realized it was such a big deal in terms of people not getting them. It seems like a pretty easy thing for Princess to get right unless it just comes down to the individual stewards and how good they are about delivering them.

On 7/4/2019 at 12:09 PM, waltd said:

OP as you can see it does vary from ship to ship.   We were on the Pacific a number of years ago and they ran out.   Those that got were happy and those that knew about it and didn't get were not happy and went from cabin to cabin asking if we received one.   As mentioned if your steward doesn't leave one ask.   For us at the end of the day if we didn't receive one or it was short it was not a deal breaker.   Now if they didn't make the cream filled donuts at least once on our cruise I would not be happy. 😮

What cream filled donuts?  I've been elite for years (& cruise at least once a year, usually twice).  

Ah! I just realized that you must mean donuts in the IC.  OK, agree!

11 hours ago, Paccruise said:

Ceilidhi you got more then I did with my last cruise.  I only got that one when I mention that since my first Elite cruise I never seen one since.  I had called Princess about my OBC account not having the loyalty added.  I had originally called a month ahead, who told me to call 2 weeks ahead of cruise.  Then at 2 weeks he told me to call 3 days ahead.  Then 3 day ahead said I was too late that I should have called 2 weeks ahead.  YIKE!!  Get it straight which one.... 

Linda

The loyalty OBC is not usually seen in the personalizer before the cruise. Some have posted they saw it a day or two before the cruise, but that is not my experience when I checked. Most phone reps have never heard about the loyalty OBC, so that is why they gave you misinformation before the cruise (although that is no excuse for actually not trying to find out about it).

The loyalty OBC will be posted to your onboard account.

On 7/4/2019 at 9:19 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

Stewart may need some prodding to supply said benefits.   🙄

Indeed - been an elite for awhile, we've never seen (or asked for) any special bath things...

On our last cruise in November 2018, we didn't get one but didn't bother asking either, just thought they must have done away with them, however our steward wasn't so up to date either as hubby wanted good shoes cleaned and he was told they no longer do that - I think she just didn't know or sometimes care - the cabin got looked after so I was happy.

14 hours ago, caribill said:

The loyalty OBC is not usually seen in the personalizer before the cruise. Some have posted they saw it a day or two before the cruise, but that is not my experience when I checked. Most phone reps have never heard about the loyalty OBC, so that is why they gave you misinformation before the cruise (although that is no excuse for actually not trying to find out about it).

The loyalty OBC will be posted to your onboard account.

The loyalty OBC shows up on the travel summary a few days before a cruise. Before I left on my b2b cruises, I printed out the travel summary that showed it on my first cruise but didn't bother printing out the second one since the OBC wasn't there yet. I checked during the first cruise and saw it on my travel summary.

As for the suite amenities, I received one bag. I did not ask my cabin steward for another, although when we've taken b2b cruises before, we've received one for each leg.