Am I the only one tired of the marketing?

It's not the email that I mind it's the clicking on the sale and checking to see if it might really be a sale this time. 10% off or 20% off or 30% off or BOGO. Magic math of almost always being the same bottom line. I feel like Charlie Brown kicking a football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Robo1098 said:

It's not the email that I mind it's the clicking on the sale and checking to see if it might really be a sale this time. 10% off or 20% off or 30% off or BOGO. Magic math of almost always being the same bottom line. I feel like Charlie Brown kicking a football.

^^^^THIS^^^^

I don't get the e-deluge of mail but I check regularly enough(like we all do I assume)  and yes the Magic Math is frustrating.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Haven’t seen the drink package lower than $49 since 2018 unless you were lucky enough to catch the huge and only couple of hours Royale Caribbean mistake last week of $18 for some cruises in 2020.

3 or 4 weeks ago, I was able (Still able as of today) to purchase at $43 but this is for an upcoming 12 nights Baltic, I assume RCI discounts the longer cruises a bit more than the shorter Caribbean cruises.  But perhaps Thorben-Hendrik would be gracious enough to explain how to get them cheaper than $42 since they are adamant that $42 is expensive 😱...

dp

Edited by dpostman

• 2 years later...
Jim Berra, one of cruising's most influential chief marketing officers, is leaving Royal Caribbean International for a new opportunity outside the industry.

He has served as CMO at Royal Caribbean since July 2015, following nearly seven years in the same role at Carnival Cruise Line. 

Made an 'incredible impact'

'Jim Berra has had an incredible impact on our brand and organization,' the company told Seatrade Cruise News in a statement. 'From introducing the bold "Come Seek" marketing campaign that showcases adventure and inspires travel to his leadership throughout the last 20 months, he has taken Royal Caribbean to new heights and introduced our brand to new vacationers around the world.

'We wish Jim the best of luck in his next endeavor.'

Berra has been responsible for brand strategy and positioning, consumer and trade advertising, web and loyalty marketing, research, brand development and communications, reporting directly to President and CEO Michael Bayley.

Search for a successor

Royal Caribbean is conducting a search for a new CMO. Meanwhile, Kara Wallace, VP North America marketing, is stepping in as interim CMO to oversee the marketing organization.

CMO Jim Berra is leaving Royal Caribbean International (seatrade-cruise.com)

12 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

“As God is my witness....."

I post the video clip and that line on my FB page every year.  I remember watching the original, which of course makes me old lol.

• Like 2

I unsubscribed from marketing emails.   I can find out about sales on the cruiseline website or on cruise critic.  I'm not interested in paying more to "upgrade" my cabin.  I book the cabin I want based on location and have no desire to pay more to change to a different category.

29 minutes ago, lovemylab said:

I unsubscribed from marketing emails.   I can find out about sales on the cruiseline website or on cruise critic.  I'm not interested in paying more to "upgrade" my cabin.  I book the cabin I want based on location and have no desire to pay more to change to a different category.

That's what the "delete" button is for 

10 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

That's what the "delete" button is for 

It's also what the "unsubcribe" button is for.

Of course you can delete them; however, my preference is just to unsubscribe.  I have no interest in my inbox being filled with marketing/spam/promotional emails that I'm never going to read.  I personally find it easier and less time consuming to just "unsubscribe". 

• Like 1