Have you ever had something go missing?

Chrisstew007

10 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Yes the steward was there when we moved in . This guy didn't clean or replace anything the whole 2 weeks. Cabin was filthy Even walked in on us without knocking. Sticky food on the desk dirty bathroom. I saw another cruiser complain about the same guy after us . 

I would hate to be in that situation! I would probably complain to the Hotel Director, but still I would be nervous about retaliation from the steward if he became angry...

Stan

17 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

I would hate to be in that situation! I would probably complain to the Hotel Director, but still I would be nervous about retaliation from the steward if he became angry...

Stan

Well, if a situation were to get to that point -- an interview with the HD -- a request for a new room steward would be quite reasonable, IMHO.

1 hour ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Stan

I wouldn't worry about retaliation.   I have known people that had a problem with either a butler or stateroom attendant.   They we filed a complaint and the room attendant or butler were immediately replaced and they were happy with the new service.

I've been on over 25 Celebrity cruises and probably 10 more cruises non Celebrity, and thankfully, I've never had anything go missing.  

I'm sorry you had a bad butler.  I've only ever had great ones when i've upgraded to suites.

Charlie

14 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Stan

funny you say that as the guy was very creepy to the point that I did not want to see him.  When we asked a questioned he glared at us . I read a post on CC where a women said that she and her daughter were afraid of him.. as I was . At the end of the cruise I popped back to 8 to say good by to the room attendant we had in conceirges for the first leg.  When he saw me he said " I am sorry you had to have that man" and gave me a quick hug .. then said " I can't let him see me talking to you" 

I was afraid to report him. 

One day he was hosing down the balcony next to ours and soaked us. I let out a yell when the water hit us and he says " you are suppose the be in port'  no apology.

We were in an aft aqua cabin, His rooms were port and aft so we always entered by starboard so we would not be glared at. Seriously he would stop and glare. I left a comment card and filled out the online form . Plus had a lengthy phone call after. 

He was a middle aged man named Francesco

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

funny you say that as the guy was very creepy to the point that I did not want to see him.  When we asked a questioned he glared at us . I read a post on CC where a women said that she and her daughter were afraid of him.. as I was . At the end of the cruise I popped back to 8 to say good by to the room attendant we had in conceirges for the first leg.  When he saw me he said " I am sorry you had to have that man" and gave me a quick hug .. then said " I can't let him see me talking to you" 

One day he was hosing down the balcony next to ours and soaked us. I let out a yell when the water hit us and he says " you are suppose the be in port'  no apology.

We were in an aft aqua cabin, His rooms were port and aft so we always entered by starboard so we would not be glared at. Seriously he would stop and glare. I left a comment card and filled out the online form . Plus had a lengthy phone call after. 

Now that you are off the ship and he cannot “retaliate” against you, I would email Celebrity and let them know your concerns.

24 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Now that you are off the ship and he cannot “retaliate” against you, I would email Celebrity and let them know your concerns.

It was done more than once as they did not respond..and I had a lengthy phone conversation. Also told them about the CC post   from the women who experienced the same as we did.  Anyway that was 2012 

Your Quote:  "The butler we had presumably knew we upgraded so treated us with the contempt we deserved."  

It is kind of a strange quote and I don't quite understand it but you could or should have requested another butler if you were not satisfied.  Do you have any example of what the butler did or said to make you feel this way?  Did he/she say they knew you upgraded? Why would they care? They are usually quite friendly and pleasant in my experience but I'm sure there is a butler on occasion who might be rude or just not a good fit for somebody.  

I can say with 100% certainty that I had a fairly expensive item go missing. Long story short it was on disembarkation morning, while at breakfast I had a pair of sunglasses go missing. I knew exactly where I left them. When the stewards were confronted, and I told them I didn't want to get security involved, the glasses miraculously were found in the trash dumpster down the hall. FWIW, they were nowhere near a trash can. The steward was on the last day of his current contract. 

I always believed it wouldn't happen to me on Celebrity, until it did. 

5 hours ago, gold1953 said:

I would have been on the phone to the Head of Housekeeping, before my clothes had a chance to dry! With the ultimate goal of getting a new room steward -- that very day! I would think that any employee who was that creepy and hostile would have quite the personnel file, if you get my drift. Your complaint might have been  just what it took, to have him packing his bags at the next port!

Edited by wwcruisers