From Ship to Airport Will I have enough time?

flamingo6363

Ok, if all goes well with the arrival time of the ship, and you are not coming in from a trans-Atlantic, you are probably just fine. Since you are in a suite, you can request the earliest possible disembarkation time. (IF you can take your luggage off by yourself, that will be nice and early, (shortly after 7 most likely) if not, the first disembarkation after the self-disembarkation groups are off the ship should still work), grab your cab, it is a short trip to the airport, there is curbside luggage check which I strongly recommend, and the precheck lines at the airport are pretty efficient. 

The only other hitch is if there are a lot of ships in port that day, and the ICE officers are spread pretty thin. Could back things up a bit, but even if you cannot disembark until a little after 8, you will have plenty of time.  If somewhat later, you can still make the ship, your checked bags may catch up with you later. 

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

I agree with ggprincess2004, we do it all the time to catch the 10:40 Jet Blue flight to LAX from FLL...

That's good to know!! Thank you.  I'm always too fearful to book so early, but my last flight was at noon and it felt like I was at the airport forever.

My experiences based on 12 Caribbean cruises on Princes, all at the height of the season, Christmas break, and always with multiple ships (including at least one RCL mega ship) in Port E at the same time...

We’ve made all our flights, from 10:00 AM to 12:30 pm...JetBlue, United, Delta. Have used a mix of Uber and cab, depending if there was a line up for cabs.

8 minutes ago, Rudy888 said:

We are on a TRANSATLANTIC , flight was changed from 1:20pm to noon. How much time does transatlantic add to the embarkation time. We are TSA Precheck and the arrival is on a Tuesday..

I think you mean disembarkation, correct? If it is Ft. Lauderdale you should have no problem getting a noon flight. The airport is only 20 minutes away.

17 minutes ago, Rudy888 said:

We are on a TRANSATLANTIC , flight was changed from 1:20pm to noon. How much time does transatlantic add to the embarkation time. We are TSA Precheck and the arrival is on a Tuesday..

6 minutes ago, skynight said:

I think you mean disembarkation, correct? If it is Ft. Lauderdale you should have no problem getting a noon flight. The airport is only 20 minutes away.

Ships arriving from a Trans Atlantic into Port Everglades are faced with increased scrutiny of the crew, not usually the passengers, in addition to inspections of the ship (since it hasn't been in US ports for a long time) by various government agencies.  Most frequently that impacts the passengers embarking - it is not unusual for embarkation times to be pushed back an hour or two - not those disembarking.  Do try to be off the ship as early as possible.

• Like 1

I'll be coming in to FLL from a Transatlantic cruise.  Booked a 10:55 EZ air flight.  Hopefully we won't be too delayed getting off.  We have Global Entry, so hopefully we will not spend a lot of time in Customs. 

I always check to see what time EZ air lets you book & use that as a guideline if booking independently. 

1 hour ago, jennybenny said:

That's cutting it close, but if all things align, no problem with arrival, walk off your luggage, you can likely make it. Be sure there is a viable Plan B.

Good luck!

Not cutting it close at all. We walked off early and arrived at our gate at FLL so early we could have even made a 9:40 flight. Yes, a major delay could cause problems, we were delayed 4 hours at Red Hook, Brooklyn when the Caribbean Princess hit the dock and destroyed the gangplank. That disrupted everyone's flight plans, except for a few who were catching early evening flights to Europe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flamingo6363 said:

Sorry FLL and yes we have Goes and TSA Pre check

Which ship?  The biggies generally come in at 6:00am in which case your flight is "Princess legal".  Smaller ones at 7:00am in which case you are only 20 minutes under the "Princess legal" window.  I wouldn't worry too much.

ETA - Oh I see you later posted it is the CROWN.  So 7:00am.  I still don't see an issue with an early disembark and the TSA Pre.  Bags must be there generally one hour ahead of departure if you are checking any.

Edited by steelers36

2 hours ago, flamingo6363 said:

Hi All,

Will be staying in a full suite, have a 10:40 am flight booked.  Will we have enough time to catch our flight?  We will be flying first class if that matters.

Thank You!

your jet copter will land on the ship shortly after arrival in port ...

• Like 1

Hate to be a wet blanket here, but I'd advise absolutely doing walk off / self debarkation.  Our last two arrivals into FLL (one TA, one Eastbound Panama from LAX) we were still queued up for immigrations at 10:00 with one of the earliest non-walk off groups.  Two, count 'em two, immigration officers for the entire ship (TA was CB, Panama was Coral) and the line was sloooowwww.  Dozens, maybe hundreds, missed their flights, we didn't miss our 11:50 departure, fortunately.  But I've never cut it closer.  

My advice, walk off, first group, fingers crossed.  Sorry I can't be more positive.  Missing your flight home is not a great way to end a lovely vacation.

• Like 1