Enchanted Senior Officers Announced

phabric

Yes, thanks.  One of the things I like about Princess is how many long-term employees they have.  IDK - perhaps other lines do as well.  But it makes me feel good as a customer to know this.  With the relatively few cruises we have taken we have had some of the same senior staff members multiple times and also recognized other crew from prior trips.  I believe it really helps with consistency in product in service on board the ships.

4 minutes ago, antsp said:

Why the uggg

He has crashed a few ships and when I sailed with him in the past he was known for missing ports (probably overly cautious after a few accidents). Even staff commented on missing ports when he was Captain. It has been awhile since I have sailed with him. I thought he had a very cocky attitude back in the day. Least favorite Captain. They used to call him "Crash Nash".

Edited by Coral

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

He has crashed a few ships and when I sailed with him in the past he was known for missing ports (probably overly cautious after a few accidents). Even staff commented on missing ports when he was Captain. It has been awhile since I have sailed with him. I thought he had a very cocky attitude back in the day. Least favorite Captain. They used to call him "Crash Nash".

Crashed a few ships, I give that a ugh too.  Why would you let him drive your newest ship. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, antsp said:

Crashed a few ships, I give that a ugh too.  Why would you let him drive your newest ship. 

I am surprised Princess kept him around. He was given the Diamond Princess when it first came out and right away, it crashed into the pier in Victoria. He then was relief Captain for many of years after that. There was an incident on the Golden in Greece also. All incidents were years ago.

Edited by Coral

6 minutes ago, pablo222 said:

I like Nash.  He has ten times the personality of Pomata.

Of all the characteristics I want in a Captain - personality is not one of the top. Same as airplane pilot. Though his "fake charming" drives me crazy.

Just now, Coral said:

Of all the characteristics I want in a Captain - personality is not one of the top. Same as airplane pilot. Though his "fake charming" drives me crazy.

It is my understanding that in italian, pomata means a cream ... specifically a skin cream.

That reflects his personality.

Just now, pablo222 said:

It is my understanding that in italian, pomata means a cream ... specifically a skin cream.

That reflects his personality.

Again - personality doesn't rank as a top characteristic in a Captain.

Perhaps some people like to show that they're "in the know" and are part of some sort of imaginary elevated status when they go around talking about how they know who the captain is and whatnot. Maybe they would like us to believe the dine with the captain on every voyage. The tripe about how the captain "makes the cruise" is insufferable.

in 16 cruises, I can remember seeing the captain precisely once. He looked annoyed, as I recall.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I do not care if the captain is the most friendly captain at sea.  What I do care about is that the captain is well trained and will keep the ship and pax safe.  We always go to the Captain's Circle party when we get to see the most traveled pax.  At the same time we hear the captain speak.  Other than that we almost never see the captain on the ship but only hear his noon time address.  My in-laws always liked to manage a dinner with the captain and talk about it.  Personally I cannot think of a more undesirable invite than to dine with the captain or other crew members.  I realize some covet it but not me.

I had not hear about "crash" Nash.  I do not believe we have ever been on a ship with him but since we do not pay much attention to who the captain is, we may have sailed with him.  It looks like from the article he will be the captain for the shakedown cruise only.  

It is a tribute to Princess that they are able to keep their employees for a long time and they all seem to be happy at least when dealing with the pax.  I believe that happy employees make for happy customers and a lot of $$$.  

• Like 1

We sailed with Capt.  Nash once and we had a very nice experience with him after a tour of the bridge that helped to make my Hubby's birthday extra special.  Very personable man and evidently very competent to be trusted with the newest ship....  :)