Why is Constellation October 31, 2020 sailing not available?

klaine99

Probably due to today’s news about a major redeployment for Constellation scrapping all autumn 2020/spring 2021 sailings in the Gulf/Indian Ocean area and getting the ship back to Florida where it can make them more revenue.

1 minute ago, Toftwood said:

Probably due to today’s news about a major redeployment for Constellation scrapping all autumn 2020/spring 2021 sailings in the Gulf/Indian Ocean area and getting the ship back to Florida where it can make them more revenue.

It might be revenue, but it can also be the Mideast. P&O pulled out last week.

It goes on sale tomorrow - I posted the ports on the other thread about Connie's redeployment. I'm totally confused though about your post, were you trying to book the TA?  if so, that was only announced this weekend.   If you're waiting for the Barcelona to Venice, it's been cancelled.

1 hour ago, Orator said:

It might be revenue, but it can also be the Mideast. P&O pulled out last week.

I think if security is the worry they would have cancelled 2019/2020. This redeployment is 14 months away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toftwood said:

I think if security is the worry they would have cancelled 2019/2020. This redeployment is 14 months away.

That is definitely the case.  They had this planned for a good bit of time since all the itineraries are locked in (available for booking tomorrow) port reservations made, graphics and advertising done.

It has to do with they think they can get more $$$ in Tampa than in the Middle East.  

20 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

If he's been asking for weeks, he can’t have been looking for the TA... before today it wouldnt have been known

He obvioutly wasn't looking for this TA,  since it was just announced. But X didn't just pull this itinerary cancellation and redeployment out of their.....hat. The whole thing must have been in the works for weeks, if not months.  Keeping this cruise blank in the interim,  has avoided all the angry customers complaining about a cancelled cruise. And it's still far enough out that they should have no trouble filling it.

They are a business and need to maximise profits.  I certainly wouldn’t be sailing my ships in an area of the world with falling demand and future booking predictions clearly didn’t look good. 

They have made a sound and commonsense commercial decision - I’m sorry for those that are affected but these things happen all the time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mom says said:

He obvioutly wasn't looking for this TA,  since it was just announced. But X didn't just pull this itinerary cancellation and redeployment out of their.....hat. The whole thing must have been in the works for weeks, if not months.  Keeping this cruise blank in the interim,  has avoided all the angry customers complaining about a cancelled cruise. And it's still far enough out that they should have no trouble filling it.

I was looking for Barcelona to Venice.  Celebrity's website has not show it recently but many online TA sites are still showing it with prices.  Just kept getting errors when I tried to book so I called Celebrity several times and was told it most likely was for inventory control and try again in a few days.  Coincidently by the time I got fed up with no answer from Celebrity and posted here they announced the redeployment.