Dasani water - soon to be sold in cans

Out of Iowa

According to CNN Business reports, Coca-Cola will be transitioning Dasani bottled water into aluminum can and bottle packaging.

I wonder if Carnival predicted this imminent reduction in revenue from their sale of in-room bottled water?  We used to bring our own case of bottled water on board until that was banned.

If we are driving to port, or can make a shopping stop after the airport, I'll be able to bring water onboard again (until Carnival changes the rules).

Thank you, Dasani!

14 minutes ago, soonernstlouis said:

At $4.50/12 pack + delivery fees, probably the best deal you’ll get from Carnival.  

Right, most of us would rather buy some water for around $5.00 than buy some can water for more and then carry it on the ship. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Carnival’s water is a steal. Compare to Royal Caribbean at $47 delivered to your cabin. 

Yes, we found that out this summer when we sailed Royal for the first time. We loved our cruise, but did not love lugging all our own water onboard! We were missing Carnival right then...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coevan said:

something else to schlep on the ship, no thanks

I don't think I'll ever carry water onto a  cruise ship.  I like manuevering my one carry on piece of luggage - that's all I take on a Caribbean cruise.  Anything added might make it seem like work!

• Like 3

Bottled (or however you want to package it) water is the biggest scam of all time. Compare a fake flavor perception to drinking plastic chemicals and huge markups on a nearly free resource.

Plus, they are probably doing this because of the negative publicity around plastics. Aluminum is much better for the environment, right>

I so do not miss having to haul water on board.  If they double the price, it's still worth it to enter your cabin and have water there waiting on you.  Besides Carnival did not stop having bottled water brought on board just to sell their water.  They stopped because it was too easy to smuggle booze on board.  Trust me, they are not making a killing on selling water.

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 2

I don't care what it costs for a $12 pack of water, I'm not lugging it on the ship.  I only take a few tropical red bull cans because I like those better and maybe about 6 Dr. Pepper's because the ship didn't have them and sometimes when you're hungover, you just need a Dr Pepper.  lol  

41 minutes ago, coevan said:

is it always about the money? Is the dollar difference enough to carry more junk aboard?

I can pay $2.50 for a soda on board. Multiply that by 12 and it costs me $30. Or I can buy a 12-pack for around $4 and put very little effort into taking it on board. So to answer your question, yes.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 3:51 PM, Tapi said:

Carnival’s water is a steal. Compare to Royal Caribbean at $47 delivered to your cabin. 

Holy Moly, is it really that much for a 12pk.? Kudos to Carnival for such a bargain, we always get the water delivered.

3 hours ago, coevan said:

is it always about the money? Is the dollar difference enough to carry more junk aboard?

For some of us yes.your on carnival aren't you? I thought it was about money.everyone seems to claim carnival is the best price .which is not true.alot of people go to great lengths to carry rum runners on board.im not one of them we are one of the few tea totalers on board.but we don't Cruise carnival much anymore.not my cup of tea.so to speak.we are going to try one out of Charleston because I had gift cards to use but I don't foresee another.

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I can pay $2.50 for a soda on board. Multiply that by 12 and it costs me $30. Or I can buy a 12-pack for around $4 and put very little effort into taking it on board. So to answer your question, yes.

However we are talking about water, you just have to......

4 hours ago, FSHLOT said:

Holy Moly, is it really that much for a 12pk.? Kudos to Carnival for such a bargain, we always get the water delivered.

They give you bigger 1 liter bottles, but there’s not cheaper option. It’s either $47 or nothing. 

28 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

I drink beer, or wine or tequila.  Do not have to worry about water prices.  But then, their tap water tastes fine to me.

I agree. I drank quite a bit of tap water out of the bathroom faucet. I thought it tasted rather good myself.

On 8/13/2019 at 1:12 PM, Out of Iowa said:

According to CNN Business reports, Coca-Cola will be transitioning Dasani bottled water into aluminum can and bottle packaging.

I wonder if Carnival predicted this imminent reduction in revenue from their sale of in-room bottled water?  We used to bring our own case of bottled water on board until that was banned.

If we are driving to port, or can make a shopping stop after the airport, I'll be able to bring water onboard again (until Carnival changes the rules).

Thank you, Dasani!

I don’t understand your comment. There are already lots of different water brands on the market that are available in cans.