Dumb Captain’s Club newsletter arrived today

cruisestitch

10 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The latest Captain’s Club newsletter just popped into my inbox.

in it was an announcement to participate in a discussion on Twitter about Loyalty.  Great idea.

except that the date of the discussion was last week🤪🤪🤪🤪

It says Sept 17 on my newsletter.

Don't do Twitter and won't. We all know how it's going to go: Someone will tweet about a new level. Celebrity will say that they value loyalty, but no new level. And then it deteriorates into attacks and defences. No, not interested in reading more of the same.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Orator said:

Don't do Twitter and won't. We all know how it's going to go: Someone will tweet about a new level. Celebrity will say that they value loyalty, but no new level. And then it deteriorates into attacks and defences. No, not interested in reading more of the same.

And don't forget... "Thanks, and a great rest of your day"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I wouldn't be too concerned. The last Twitter conversation was a complete waste of my time. No questions answered. 

Seems like they are just looking for new money raising opportunities , just like the recent CC conversation with LLP which seems to have resulted in ...a laundry option ...Premium Plus, I think they call it.

Me too.  Elite plus. As a frequent cruiser, we look for interesting offers.  Get very few emails from Celebrity.  Meanwhile we get lots of emails and mailings from other cruise lines. My spouse loves to read through the glossy brochures. Sometimes we find an interesting itinerary and book it.  Just got latest Oceania brochure with 2021 sailings. Looks slick.

7 hours ago, ghstudio said:

We're elite +....have never received a Captain's Club Newsletter.

I contacted Captain's Club the other day to inquire about the captain's club newsletter, because I never receive it. I mentioned that I do receive marketing emails on a regular basis.

They told me they would escalate it and try to resolve some settings so that I would receive the captain's club newsletter. In the meantime they gave me a link to where I could download it myself. http://Www.celebritycruises.com/blog/guest-stories

A day or two later, I received a call back message saying they've resolved the problem and I should receive future newsletters. I received the August email today. Kudos to Captain's Club IT.

For those of you who do you want to receive the captain's club newsletter by e-mail, I suggest calling Captain's Club.

Edited by Shadow9612

11 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

I contacted Captain's Club the other day to inquire about the captain's club newsletter, because I never receive it. I mentioned that I do receive marketing emails on a regular basis.

They told me they would escalate it and try to resolve some settings so that I would receive the captain's club newsletter. In the meantime they gave me a link to where I could download it myself. http://Www.celebritycruises.com/blog/guest-stories

A day or two later, I received a call back message saying they've resolved the problem and I should receive future newsletters. I received the August email today. Kudos to Captain's Club IT.

For those of you who do you want to receive the captain's club newsletter by e-mail, I suggest calling Captain's Club.

I'm glad you were successful.  Like many others I do not receive emails of any type from Celebrity or Captain's Club.  I have tried to fix this many times, including calling Captain's Club.  Maybe I will try again.  The only Celebrity communication I do not want to miss is the one announcing new itineraries and the ability to sign up a few days in advance if a CC loyalty member.

22 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

The latest Captain’s Club newsletter just popped into my inbox.

in it was an announcement to participate in a discussion on Twitter about Loyalty.  Great idea.

except that the date of the discussion was last week🤪🤪🤪🤪

So do they expect everyone to have Twitter and social media, due to personal preferences and because of my employment restrictions I can't but also don't wish to use it. It does seem a bit presumptuous of Celebrity to expect this. 

7 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I'm glad you were successful.  Like many others I do not receive emails of any type from Celebrity or Captain's Club.  I have tried to fix this many times, including calling Captain's Club.  Maybe I will try again.  The only Celebrity communication I do not want to miss is the one announcing new itineraries and the ability to sign up a few days in advance if a CC loyalty member.

I think it is worth another try to call captains club.  Now, I seem to be receiving more 'captains club' related material (in addition to the generic marketing emails).  It looks like they have two (or more) email distribution lists.

I get emails but not the CC newsletter.  What is funny is that many of the emails show our adult sons name and INFO even though he has only done one cruise with Celebrity.  That one cruise  was over ten years ago with us and he was Elite because of his RCI status.  The emails with his name just started in the last 60 days.  Just love their IT department.  Also, I do not do social media.