Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

1 minute ago, Maverick61 said:

Wow, an overnight in Cozumel with back to back days Saturday and Sunday - Sweet.  

I can just imagine some folks will have quite a bit of fun hitting up the bars onshore Saturday night

Maverick, they’d need a good wingman.  Otherwise it would be a flight into the danger zone. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Last thing of the night. A speed test to see how it compares to tomorrow.  With the changes to itinerary and people getting their plans together on line I would be interested to see the comparable. 

B809E307-98F8-44B9-9315-402A3EB0769F.thumb.png.ac5cc1138307e049986033d14d5ec33a.png

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Ride it out and see if we can stay on board for the shortened sailing. Going to look at flights for next Sunday now. 

If you can work through the details of hockey tryouts, that really sounds like the best plan at this point.  The ticket prices to fly out of Cancun look pretty expensive with limited options.  It looks like seats are also available to fly home on 9/4.   Can a Genie help with booking the 9/4 cruise?

Good Luck

Edited by ipeeinthepool

28 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

If you can work through the details of hockey tryouts, that really sounds like the best plan at this point.  The ticket prices to fly out of Cancun look pretty expensive with limited options.  It looks like seats are also available to fly home on 9/4.   Can a Genie help with booking the 9/4 cruise?

Good Luck

Ugh, at least one in my party needs to fly home from Cancun. This is going to be a mess.

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Last thing of the night. A speed test to see how it compares to tomorrow.  With the changes to itinerary and people getting their plans together on line I would be interested to see the comparable. 

Thanks Andrew, you must have read my mind!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wonder if they will bring more food onboard in Cozumel, they probably can fuel up there. They now have time to get this in place to make that happen.

On the Oasis 2017 Irma extended cruise, the Captain said they regularly stock up with extra supplies during hurricane season.  About the only thing we ran out of were potato chips in the Park Cafe.

Lou

If Dorian does what the forecasters predict. Flying to and from Orlando next Wednesday & Thursday could be difficult. We could sustain a lot of infrastructure damage. Fortunately we have found that the weathermen tend to hype and rarely get predictions correct in early days. Here’s hoping he turns and goes out to sea!! 🤞🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Wonder if they will bring more food onboard in Cozumel, they probably can fuel up there. They now have time to get this in place to make that happen.

When there were only the original 2 Oasis Class ships they only took on fuel every two weeks in St Martin.  They had a deal with a local provider.  As for taking on fuel in Cozumel the pier does not have the infrastructure to hold the weight of a feudal truck.  

39 minutes ago, loudbmw said:

About the only thing we ran out of were potato chips in the Park Cafe.

Lou

😱

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Those numbers are terrible. 

Lets see if they get worse. 

1 minute ago, kidless said:

If Dorian does what the forecasters predict. Flying to and from Orlando next Wednesday & Thursday could be difficult. We could sustain a lot of infrastructure damage. Fortunately we have found that the weathermen tend to hype and rarely get predictions correct in early days. Here’s hoping he turns and goes out to sea!! 🤞🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Which is why I am seriously looking at leaving next Sunday and staying on board, if it is offered as a possibility.  I have already emailed our car service informing them of what is going on regarding Sunday but I’d like to think they are following the weather as well.

As it turns out Owen has his first try out on Saturday. I said to Lisa not to worry. If a coach doesn’t understand missing a practice because you are in a Hurricane then that’s not the coach you want.  I’m going to text our association president to let him know why we aren’t there and he can pass it along to the coach as it he has YTBD. 

• Like 2

Watching the local weather this morning in Atlanta, Landfall expected early morning hours of Tuesday then meandering up the coast dropping tons of rain. Going to still be soggy on Wednesday but the worst of it will be north and inland unless it changes direction again. Sounds like they are expecting flooding from all the rain and the pace it is moving. Sounds like you guys can just rebook your flights home and try and enjoy all the extra days as much as possible.

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

As it turns out Owen has his first try out on Saturday. I said to Lisa not to worry. If a coach doesn’t understand missing a practice because you are in a Hurricane then that’s not the coach you want.

Well, he might be thinking Hurricane in Canada???

in my opinion 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK, folks the announcement just came through on the ships in room speakers announcing the delay of departure and expected return of Wednesday depending on the storm’s path. He did say that we are headed to Cozumel tomorrow.  

He also said we have more than enough food, water and fuel on board. He said that you can get off the ship in Cozumel if you wish, to make your way home but forewarned that there are going to be other ships in port with limited flights. He said if you need any further assistance stop at guest services and they will assist in any way they can. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

OK, folks the announcement just came through on the ships in room speakers announcing the delay of departure and expected return of Wednesday depending on the storm’s path. He did say that we are headed to Cozumel tomorrow.  

He also said we have more than enough food, water and fuel on board. He said that you can get off the ship in Cozumel if you wish, to make your way home but forewarned that there are going to be other ships in port with limited flights. He said if you need any further assistance stop at guest services and they will assist in any way they can. 

Nothing about staterooms for sale for the next cruise?

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Well, he might be thinking Hurricane in Canada???

in my opinion 

LOL.  The President, Chad, knows we are cruisers but I’ll remind him just in case. If I said a poutine festival he would have known we were in Quebec. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Andrew

I cannot even imagine what you are going through.

As long as you and your family are safe.

Yea one can say an extended unplanned days at sea are awesome, but, the little things in life----- the day to day responsibilities of our daily life still goes on.

You seem to be managing quite well, you definitely are a planner and deal with change.

I am sure everything will work out for Owen, praying they do.

Now, looking ahead to next year --you should probably move your end of summer tradition of cruising up a week or two.

I mean August 16, 2020 on Harmony looks good.  Will give you plenty of time to get home and prepare for Owen's school and hockey (Oh golly gee, I am on that August 16th cruise...................well what do you know  🙂     )

Oh, I was thinking.

Maybe BOB will let you change the title of your thread to:

Harmony of the Seas August 25th to September 1st ISH.  Summer days drifting away.

Thanks for posting.

Love the thread

Safe travels!

Looking at the most recent forecasts, a Wednesday arrival may be problematic.  And as others have pointed out, there may be damage to the Port Canaveral/Orlando area.  I'd probably lock in my air tickets for next Sunday.  I think you'll be able to find room on the ship.

• Like 1

Been following along from Tapatalk and periscope all week but finally logged into the CC Website to reply and wish you all a safe extended journey!  

I hope you get a great room/rate on the next sailing and think you will have a great time instead of worrying about how to navigate hurricane hotels and planes in Florida! 

Your comment about the hockey coach is spot on - if they can’t make accommodates for this - your money should go elsewhere.   My son (entering 7th grade) just missed fall basketball tryouts for 4 programs (baseball in Cooperstown followed by a week at my parents lake house). but they all were willing to schedule something for him upon his return!   I’m SURE Owen will have no issue! 

Going back in time now that I’m logged in - I have one question from your day at Coco Cay - Where was your cabana specifically and did you like that location?     We have a thrill water park cabana reserved for our April Navigator cruise - the food looked good too...Would you do anything different on coco Cay next time?      (Besides bring something big enough to carry that awesome table/cooler back home without being noticed!!)

• Like 1

Wishing Andrew and family the best.  Owen will have a great story to tell his classmates.  

We have been on both a hurricane itinerary changed cruise and a mechanical issue two day extended cruise.  Both times Royal was very generous with compensation.  The main problem I saw on the extended days was that some folks did not bring any extra medication.  And as the ship was full of mostly retirees and college kids on break, there were not a lot of concern about work issues.

So again, best of luck to Andrew, Lisa and Owen.  

PS — I will be following your adventure while on Grandeur.  Leaving tomorrow for Bermuda.  Katherine

• Like 2