Princess Cruise Drinks Price Australia

BGozzy

Can somebody please let me know what a Special Coffee with Baileys in it would cost???   Last time we cruised Princess was back end 2015, the all day drinks package was $70 AUD, which I took full advantage of as the Sea Princess has a dedicated Whisky Bar (the Whisky Range was wonderful).  Just trying to work out the daily cost for a couple of Special morning coffee's, 4 or 5 Coke Can's, plus a Wine (Red or White) Dinner and around 4-5 Whisky Coke or Rum Coke during the day.   Given what I've read on this thread it would appear the Drinks Package all inclusive the way to go.  We've been to NZ before so this time around we'll spend a lot more time onboard the Ruby Princess.   

8 minutes ago, asdf1245 said:

Can somebody please let me know what a Special Coffee with Baileys in it would cost???   

A Nutty Irishman, which is Baileys and Frangelico, is $13. I'm not sure if they'd charge less for just Baileys or just use a larger shot and charge the same, but it wouldn't be any more that $13. Note, these coffees use the brewed coffee, not a speciality espresso base.

9 hours ago, Adventures ahead said:

Did I miss this... is the coffee package available on its own (not combined with soda)?

If so, what is the AUS$ price this season?

Yes, there is a coffee "card" still but it's loaded onto your cruise card rather than being a physical card. It's AU $36 for 15 speciality coffees, plus unlimited brewed coffee and gourmet teas while the card is still valid. It works out at $2.40 per coffee so worth getting even if you only drink espressos as long as you use all 15 coffees. You can look up how many coffees you have left, plus all the transactions, using the Princess@Sea website on the ship's intranet.

On 9/24/2019 at 3:52 PM, Porky55 said:

Thanks for this answer NSWP, OzkiwiJJ and GUT2407 - re water packages pre-cruise; thought I was going crazy there for a second. Can’t understand Princess removing something else that made them money 🤔

Will look at Ozkiwis suggestion regarding bringing own water bottles.

Rose

As far as I know they never offered it on Australian cruises, there must be a reason but blowed if I can see what it is, funny thing is on my earliest Princess Cruises they handed us a bottle as we disembarked at each port, for free.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

As far as I know they never offered it on Australian cruises, there must be a reason but blowed if I can see what it is, funny thing is on my earliest Princess Cruises they handed us a bottle as we disembarked at each port, for free.

....and they usually supply a good amount of chilled water on Mystery Island.

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, there is a coffee "card" still but it's loaded onto your cruise card rather than being a physical card. It's AU $36 for 15 speciality coffees, plus unlimited brewed coffee and gourmet teas while the card is still valid. It works out at $2.40 per coffee so worth getting even if you only drink espressos as long as you use all 15 coffees. You can look up how many coffees you have left, plus all the transactions, using the Princess@Sea website on the ship's intranet.

Hi, on another thread, it states the coffee 'package' is over AU$50 with the US$36 conversion. It's not available for purchase on our cruise personalizer. Wonder if it will show up closer to the cruise in Jan.

Glad it's available without being tied to a soda package that's charged daily!

10 hours ago, Adventures ahead said:

Hi, on another thread, it states the coffee 'package' is over AU$50 with the US$36 conversion. It's not available for purchase on our cruise personalizer. Wonder if it will show up closer to the cruise in Jan.

Glad it's available without being tied to a soda package that's charged daily!

It is definitely AU $36 onboard. We bought five of them during our 35 night cruise. The personalizer prices are usually incorrect dur to a software bug. If you want to "prepay" them just buy OBC.

You can buy them at any bar that also does coffees and in the restaurants as well. Just ask the waiter who will load it onto your c aard and bring you a docket to sign. Easy peasy!

On 10/6/2019 at 10:41 AM, GUT2407 said:

Not these days, 'Water to Go...US$3 please.

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Where the heck is Mystery Island ? 

I'll let you know in December. I just snuck in a booking for a short cruise including Mystery Island on Ruby Princess to try out my new Elite status. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NSWP said:

Where the heck is Mystery Island ? 

Been there many times. Sometimes though it remains a mystery as it is a tender port and conditions aren't always conducive to launching the tenders. If you hop into the Cannibal Soup pot on the island you can have a somewhat charming kitsch photo taken complete with locals armed with spears in one hand and soup vegies in the other. One of those must have photo's as a reminder of your visit.

Edited by ozziepost

I called Princess about the premium Beverage package, if you book via your cruise personalizer then there is no refund of the differnce if it turns out to be cheaper when on board, as i pointed out that in my booking i could only book it at $92-79 but the T&C said it was $86-99?

So i asked would the price be $86-99 in January next year when the cruise we have booked sails and i book when we board? "It maybe it may not be" came the reply.

Not very helpfull 🤬

Edited by Hammer61

24 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

I called Princess about the premium Beverage package, if you book via your cruise personalizer then there is no refund of the differnce if it turns out to be cheaper when on board, as i pointed out that in my booking i could only book it at $92-79 but the T&C said it was $86-99?

So i asked would the price be $86-99 in January next year when the cruise we have booked sails and i book when we board? "It maybe it may not be" came the reply.

Not very helpfull 🤬

I'd say the risk is slight that the onboard price will go up. It's at a price point where a lot of people are deciding it's too expensive as it is. Rather than buying it online I suggest buying the equivalent amount of On Board Credit then buying the package onboard. And do check whether it is cost effective for you, taking port days into account as you may be off the ship for most of those days. Most of the prices are available in the photos posted earlier in this thread, so you should be able to calculate what you would be likely to spend on an average sea day and on an average port day. Note: don't just cost individual coffee prices, cost on coffee card price of $2.40 per coffee, and wine bought by the bottle works out cheaper than by the glass.

17 hours ago, ozziepost said:

Been there many times. Sometimes though it remains a mystery as it is a tender port and conditions aren't always conducive to launching the tenders. If you hop into the Cannibal Soup pot on the island you can have a somewhat charming kitsch photo taken complete with locals armed with spears in one hand and soup vegies in the other. One of those must have photo's as a reminder of your visit.

Thank you, sounds titillating.😆 As long as they have some chilli for the soup pot.  I like it hot.

Edited by NSWP

• 2 weeks later...

I see there is some kind of speciality juice bar (Ocean Terrace) on Majestic Princess, anyone know if this is included in the Premium Beverage package? or any of the other beverage packages available.

Read the package T&C but it makes no mention of if its included or not, freshly squeezed juice is but i dont think thats the same as the juice bar???

Edited by Hammer61

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I always thought that the mystery was why everybody calls it Mystery Island instead of Inyeug.

We were told on a P&O cruise that the first ship to visit Inyeung was the Fairstar. Sitmar felt the name was too difficult to pronounce and too hard to remember so they came up with the name 'Mystery Island'.

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

We were told on a P&O cruise that the first ship to visit Inyeung was the Fairstar. Sitmar felt the name was too difficult to pronounce and too hard to remember so they came up with the name 'Mystery Island'.

Or Mystery in Italiano is Mistero !!

Viva Italia !!!

Thanks all for great info. About to go on my first Princess cruise to Tassie on Majestic leaving 7 Dec.

Having only cruised on MSC, where the drinks package was really good value, was surprised to see Princess at $90/day. Given the drink prices posted here (and assuming gratuities are included on those for Aus departures), you'd have to knock back a lot of drinks (and pick the priciest ones).

Having a look at the onboard reservations online, you can pick up a 375ml bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin for the room at $33. For a balcony nightcap or pre-dinner drink this seems good value at roughly $3 a drink + grabbing a can of tonic. 

Does anyone know if you can order this onboard at the same price? And if anyone had it handy, roughly how much a can of tonic would be? 🙂

I have a decent bit of OBC from promos so would rather get it onboard if I can.

49 minutes ago, adelaidefc said:

Thanks all for great info. About to go on my first Princess cruise to Tassie on Majestic leaving 7 Dec.

Having only cruised on MSC, where the drinks package was really good value, was surprised to see Princess at $90/day. Given the drink prices posted here (and assuming gratuities are included on those for Aus departures), you'd have to knock back a lot of drinks (and pick the priciest ones).

Yes. On the Aussie Princess cruises, there are no gratuities, not the daily charge and there is no gratuity added to the price of drinks. The price you see on the menu is the price you pay.

The drinks package only applies to drinks under a certain value ($14??), and it is also limited to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hours. The package does included coffee and other non-alcoholic beverages. It would not be economic for us. We don't drink enough and don't want to. 🙂

On 10/7/2019 at 2:04 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'll let you know in December. I just snuck in a booking for a short cruise including Mystery Island on Ruby Princess to try out my new Elite status. 

Ozkiwi, hope you will be able to tender at mystery island,I can recommend Sun Walking Tours ,we took a short boat ride with them to the island of Aneityum 

, think it cost us $30 for a very interesting  couple of hours although their sense of time leaves a lot to be desired so do it in the morning.

Cheers Carole