Tight space sanity saving ideas

seashellsk

1 minute ago, clo said:

Most women I know wear (or can wear) their bras more than one day.  Five pairs of 'panties' take up practically no room.  Unless they dribble a lot they can wear things multiple times and mix and match.  Wear one pair of shoes, pack the smaller pair.  Easy peasy.  IMneverHO 🙂

As long as they are OK with it — it is obviously their choice —- I was just pointing out that doing in-room laundry would risk compatibility - and bringing enough clothes to permit many changes would tend to over-crowd.

4 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

As long as they are OK with it — it is obviously their choice —- I was just pointing out that doing in-room laundry would risk compatibility - and bringing enough clothes to permit many changes would tend to over-crowd.

Oh yeah.  And I can definitely see one person making it tough for the others.

Don't bring ANYTHING you can do without for a week.  You won't need towel clamps for the chairs...if you're sitting on the towel, it won't go anywhere!

Flip flops or sandals will suffice for almost everything.  They don't take up much space!   Neither does underwear or swimwear!  After you've been in the pool, hop under the shower by the pool, rinse off, and let the swimsuit dry ON YOU....there's no need to wash it every single wearing.

On 9/22/2019 at 9:23 AM, seashellsk said:

4 of us ladies (50 year olds) are taking a 5 day on Carnival Elation. We have a balcony, 2 twin and 2 pullmans.

2 of you must be super agile.... 

I was in my early 40s when my kid decided to sleep on my lower bunk and I had to climb up to use his pullman bed. It was pretty bad. It would take me forever to climb up, not bump my head, and forever to climb down, without falling off the ladder.

And it was only 2 nights, because he was sick and wanted to sleep with me (but I can't sleep with him on a teeny-tiny narrow bed).

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

15 hours ago, clo said:

The pix I posted above is my almost 75 y.o. husband.

there is no way my 70 yo father could climb up or down. He could barely walk during his 2017 cruise (he was 69 then). Even my a lot more agile mom (68 currently) would have a difficult time. And I wouldn't want one of them to fall and break something on vacation or not on vacation.

So, they get their own cabin and everybody is a lot more comfortable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

there is no way my 70 yo father could climb up or down

That's really sad.  But we had our own cabin on our Norwegian coastal cruise.  One CC member described our cabin as looking like a prison cell.  She obviously cruises for a different reason than we do 🙂

IMG_6639 - Edited.jpg

A person of normal agility should still be able to climb to an upper bunk until at least age 70. Super agility would be doing the splits on the bunk. 🙂

We are four adults going to share a cabin. Two age 72, one 73 and one 47. No we are not automatically expecting the young one to take a bunk. First to bed and/or last up get a bunk.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, clo said:

That's really sad.  But we had our own cabin on our Norwegian coastal cruise.  One CC member described our cabin as looking like a prison cell.  She obviously cruises for a different reason than we do 🙂

IMG_6639 - Edited.jpg

Oh my goodness, I don't think I've ever seen a cabin this small - unless it was occupied by crew members! Did you have a closet? A bathroom?   A television?  A crowbar to help you get in and out of it every morning and night?  LOL

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Oh my goodness, I don't think I've ever seen a cabin this small - unless it was occupied by crew members! Did you have a closet? A bathroom?   A television?  A crowbar to help you get in and out of it every morning and night?  LOL

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

LOL!  We had a closet (behind the ladder).  And a bathroom. (but not everyone did.  Some had to 'go down the hall' to the bathroom).  No tv.  And not really smooth sailing as the ship has no stabilizers.  When people have threads about why do you sail, for pax here it was for what's outside the cabin, outside the ship.  We're sailing on her next spring and here's a pic of the type cabin we've booked.

20190312_000111 - Edited.jpg

I hope the OP comes back after the cruise to let us know how it went.

I've traveled numerous times with three other women staying in tiny hotel rooms.  We all agree to bring minimal stuff, and to keep it organized and put away when not needed.  And yes, since it's only a 5 day trip, should be cake to do only carry on.

Have a great vacation!

• Like 1

I'm picturing my college dorm days (4 girls in one room, double bunks, bathroom down the hall).  I think we each had our own "bathroom bag" with our toothbrush and other personal stuff.  Depending on your bathroom storage, they could be shelved there, or ready to take to gym if you sometimes do that.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:34 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

2 of you must be super agile.... 

I was in my early 40s when my kid decided to sleep on my lower bunk and I had to climb up to use his pullman bed. It was pretty bad. It would take me forever to climb up, not bump my head, and forever to climb down, without falling off the ladder.

And it was only 2 nights, because he was sick and wanted to sleep with me (but I can't sleep with him on a teeny-tiny narrow bed).

2 of us are very fit (runs, hikes and rock climbs) and other 2 are walking fit. Climbing is not a problem at all. We have all went on vacations together many times. Most of us are Veterans and have lived in way worse conditions bathroom wise.  

I am just looking for tips on things i can do/buy to keep hopping over stuff to a minimum. Only one of us is bring checked baggage.   

• Like 2

On 9/22/2019 at 8:13 PM, cruizergal70 said:

I want to see two 50 year olds climb up to the ceiling pullmans.

It won't be a problem at all. 2 of us are in very good shape (rock climbs, hikes and runs). Heck we still do mud runs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seashellsk said:

I am just looking for tips on things i can do/buy to keep hopping over stuff to a minimum.

Our tiny cabin in the above photo did have a line of hooks as you walked in the door.  That helped.  We also had no storage for bathroom stuff so Bob brought aboard at a port an empty wine case.