Slogan and funny tee shirts

fastnloose

Hi,  does anyone know if there is a ban on Celebrity regarding the wearing of slogan or personalised tee-shirts.  I have a few, NEVER offensive but some funny, e.g. "life is short, eat cake", "cruising my way through life"  "child of vikings" and such slogans.   Dont  want to cause offence.  All replies welcome

5 minutes ago, fastnloose said:

As we are in UK and travelling in Europe, and in view of the current situation, Political messages would be a definate NONO!!

When are you going?  It is a shame we cannot all have a sense of humour about these things but I agree a definite NONO.  I am from Truro and cruising on Silhouette to Fort Lauderdale at the end of this month.

44 minutes ago, fastnloose said:

Hi,  does anyone know if there is a ban on Celebrity regarding the wearing of slogan or personalised tee-shirts.  I have a few, NEVER offensive but some funny, e.g. "life is short, eat cake", "cruising my way through life"  "child of vikings" and such slogans.   Dont  want to cause offence.  All replies welcome

Agree with the others have said about nothing offensive but there will not be an outright ban or a formal list of rules.  Just common sense.  I have seen political tee-shirts everywhere.  Freedom of expression.  But some will find it offensive if it does not support their own views.  You might get into some conversations you would rather not have on vacation!

1 hour ago, fastnloose said:

Celebrity probably sells T-shirts with slogans long the same lines as the ones you mention.  

A ban?  Does any line ban personalized T-shirts?  I don't know.  

2 hours ago, Clipper Chick said:

When are you going?  It is a shame we cannot all have a sense of humour about these things but I agree a definite NONO.  I am from Truro and cruising on Silhouette to Fort Lauderdale at the end of this month.

We are doing med on 12th October, hello to another cornish resident

53 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Celebrity probably sells T-shirts with slogans long the same lines as the ones you mention.  

A ban?  Does any line ban personalized T-shirts?  I don't know.  

Believe me there are some lines that do indeed.  On P & O cruises ALL personalised, slogan and funny tees are banned.  A wedding party in embarkation hall was made to remove their "Bride""Bridesmaid" and "Mother of the bride" sashes or be denied embarkation. I would never wear a political tee, especially in the current uk/europe situation, but I wanted to make sure I would not be causing myself a problem.  My daughter printed me a tee saying "I dont do mornings unless I am on a cruise" and I was informed by P & O that I would be asked to change if I wore it!!!  Thanks everyone for your replies

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Just off Equinox.  Saw some political t-shirts.  Doesn't affect my cruising enjoyment.  Saw a "I don't need Google; my wife knows everything" one.  My favorite that I've seen on all my cruises was "Don't Yell At Me!  I'm A Volunteer!"

Love it!

3 hours ago, fastnloose said:

Celebrity does not restrict/ban you from wearing  personalized t- shirt no mater the slogan or picture. If your comfortable wearing it, wear it. 

Edited by davekathy

My lovely wife bought me a tee shirt several years ago that I wear regularly, with pride. It reads:

RETIRED

But I work part-time

as a Pain In The ASS

Every day, she swears it seems like full-time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3