Slogan and funny tee shirts

fastnloose

4 hours ago, ldubs said:

Celebrity probably sells T-shirts with slogans long the same lines as the ones you mention.  

A ban?  Does any line ban personalized T-shirts?  I don't know.  

X    sells   Celebrity logo and cruise related shirts...  Some cute sayings may be on beachwear but I  would  not count on cutesy stuff on board. Canyon Ranch on non E class has nice logo workout clothing.

On EDGE the logo  tee shirt  was about $95...snooty clerk said  it was made of bamboo fiber as if that would  excuse the price!

Don  

Love the new photo!

We are not  into anything perverse or X rated,  but P and O sounds like a real buzz kill...seriously no  bride tee shirts..?  Don't they  have bridal showers and hen parties on board?   What about team logos?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G.M.T. said:

Then in the words of a sports wear company:

"Just Do It"

That saying  was theme of the Yippies  ( see 1960's book by  Jerry Rubin ) way before Nike!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

We did a whale experience in Baja where we petted and actually kissed whales. We both have T-shirts.  On the front is a graphic with "I touched a whale". On the back is another graphic with "I touched a human.  My DH wears his on just about every cruise and it is quite a conversation starter.

As long as it is not worn in the dining room for dinner, no worries.

8 hours ago, fastnloose said:

Believe me there are some lines that do indeed.  On P & O cruises ALL personalised, slogan and funny tees are banned.  A wedding party in embarkation hall was made to remove their "Bride""Bridesmaid" and "Mother of the bride" sashes or be denied embarkation. I would never wear a political tee, especially in the current uk/europe situation, but I wanted to make sure I would not be causing myself a problem.  My daughter printed me a tee saying "I dont do mornings unless I am on a cruise" and I was informed by P & O that I would be asked to change if I wore it!!!  Thanks everyone for your replies

I do believe you.  Who woulda thought!  I learn something new every day.  

5 hours ago, hcat said:

X    sells   Celebrity logo and cruise related shirts...  Some cute sayings may be on beachwear but I  would  not count on cutesy stuff on board. Canyon Ranch on non E class has nice logo workout clothing.

On EDGE the logo  tee shirt  was about $95...snooty clerk said  it was made of bamboo fiber as if that would  excuse the price!

Seems like a lot of my day-to-day T-shirts have come from one cruise ship or another.  Celebrity ones seem to be more about showing destination related stuff, though I did score a number of them with national soccer team prints.  Ones  with fancy/cutesy sayings seem to be more from RCI.  

I go for the $6 ones.  $95 is just a little too much for something I don't want to worry about spilling paint on.  😀

I have a large range of funny (to me..) T shirts - usually of the geek / nerd variety and have never had any adverse comment about them.  Interesting to learn about P&O.  Add that to the reasons not to sail with them - I'd have no daywear left!  Absolutely take the point about nothing offensive etc.  of course. That's just plain manners.  Plus - its a holiday.  Not an opportunity to get in a row.

Not with strangers anyway....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, hcat said:

Don  

Love the new photo!

We are not  into anything perverse or X rated,  but P and O sounds like a real buzz kill...seriously no  bride tee shirts..?  Don't they  have bridal showers and hen parties on board?   What about team logos?

Yes they DO have hen parties onboard, but personalised and slogan tees are definately NOT allowed.  We were actually witness to the hen party in the embarkation hall being told to remove their sashes.  As GastroGnome says, another reason not to sail with them.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hcat said:

Don  

Love the new photo!

Thanks...Dogs a cutie, not so much the other guy...Would you believe I took that photo last week in Florida, it is the first selfie I have ever taken of myself.  

Edited by dkjretired

13 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We did a whale experience in Baja where we petted and actually kissed whales. We both have T-shirts.  On the front is a graphic with "I touched a whale". On the back is another graphic with "I touched a human.  My DH wears his on just about every cruise and it is quite a conversation starter.

As long as it is not worn in the dining room for dinner, no worries.

Is part of the conversation about touching whales concerning how this is frowned upon and sometimes illegal in other parts of the world like Hawaii and Tahiti?

31 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Is part of the conversation about touching whales concerning how this is frowned upon and sometimes illegal in other parts of the world like Hawaii and Tahiti?

No, it is encouraged in Baja as long as the whale approaches your boat.  The mothers often push the calf up to the boat to show off.

18 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

No, it is encouraged in Baja as long as the whale approaches your boat.  The mothers often push the calf up to the boat to show off.

Yes, different parts of the world have different traditions.  Some countries still slaughter whales. 

I've been on boats off Samana DR that will try to herd whales and their babies between them for longer viewing opportunities.  In Moorea we had a baby whale telescope our boat from less than 5' away since they are very curious, but Dr Michael Poole doesn't allow any tactile or touching interactions.

In Hawaii, a whale boat operator has to stay a minimum distance from the mammals and may have to back away if a whale approaches too closely.

What's normal and encouraged in one country can be illegal and dangerous in another and a conversation should include both sides for a fuller understanding.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:21 AM, fastnloose said:

Hi,  does anyone know if there is a ban on Celebrity regarding the wearing of slogan or personalised tee-shirts.  I have a few, NEVER offensive but some funny, e.g. "life is short, eat cake", "cruising my way through life"  "child of vikings" and such slogans.   Dont  want to cause offence.  All replies welcome

I never take shirts with any slogan or writing on them.  The reason is that people remember it and if they see it again they know or will think that you are wearing the same thing more than once even if it went to the laundry.

We did see one young male that was wearing a T with writing that he was born to eat😺.   My wife said I am sure  that makes his mother very proud.    

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, miched said:

I never take shirts with any slogan or writing on them.  The reason is that people remember it and if they see it again they know or will think that you are wearing the same thing more than once even if it went to the laundry.

We did see one young male that was wearing a T with writing that he was born to eat😺.   My wife said I am sure  that makes his mother very proud.    

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

How do you know what others are thinking. Is that what you do. 🙄

• Like 2

Sorry to be the wet blanket on this one but get some nice golf shirts (with collar) and leave this hilarity at home .Most wont say but I will no one over the age of 24 should be wearing such cloddish get ups any where let alone on a cruise .B.T.W. none of these (or any others) are funny.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dolittle said:

Sorry to be the wet blanket on this one but get some nice golf shirts (with collar) and leave this hilarity at home .Most wont say but I will no one over the age of 24 should be wearing such cloddish get ups any where let alone on a cruise .B.T.W. none of these (or any others) are funny.

You don't need to apologize for being a wet blanket. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3