How far out have you booked

fredflint

There is  a dropdown box for the date of your cruise it goes until September.  I once booked about 1 month out.  I know last minute cruising used to be  big in Florida I think the new security rules and the internet have crimped those bargain fares.

Up until a few years ago, we booked 40-60 days out usually.  When we booked our Hawaii cruise, it was about 6 months out, and that was the longest one at that point.  Since then, DH has retired from his insurance office (which made us very flexible and able to plan last minute travel, somewhat) and is working for a school district.  So, now we consider the school's calendar when planning.   In April 2017 while onboard , we booked a spring 2018 cruise on the Crown for the following year.  It was an entire year!  Unheard of for us, LOL  In August of 2018 we decided to do a Thanksgiving cruise and take my Dad, so we had 2 cruises booked at once, another first!  

This year, we at about 90 days out for our Thanksgiving cruise.

9 hours ago, fredflint said:

First time we have ever had 2 cruises booked at the same time one is just over a year to go the other is 

777 Days Until Departure 

Can't even start a  Roll call 🙂

Just off the Crown, and placed FCD’s on 10 cruises for 2020 using FCD’s as “placeholders”.   Locked in suites and the best location IMO on ships.   For me it’s Midship.   I’ll probably just do 3 or 4

in 2020, and let the other bookings expire before final payment is due.  Refundable FCD is a great deal IMO😀

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1

Two years twice (PH on X). I booked this December's cruise in July 2018. Suites go quick. Both Sky Suites, both Owner's Suites, and both Window Suites already show sold for the Discovery December 9, 2021 4-day. Bookings just opened for Elites yesterday. 

20 minutes ago, john_galt said:

Two years twice (PH on X). I booked this December's cruise in July 2018. Suites go quick. Both Sky Suites, both Owner's Suites, and both Window Suites already show sold for the Discovery December 9, 2021 4-day. Bookings just opened for Elites yesterday. 

refundable FCD "placeholders" ...

Just dropped a deposit down today for Enchanted Princess March 27 2021.  By far the longest out I've booked.  Did so because I fear it won't be on the 3FF promo next time it comes around.  The latest I've booked has been 8 weeks out or so.

I just confirmed my transatlantic November 23, 2020 cruise with my PVP. I can't begin to think past pre-cruise between London-Southampton. There's a roll call 412 Days Until Departure

I booked a 5 night cruise 5 months out .... that's my shortest timeline. I always say I want to book last minute but I'm SF based and not many sail from here 

ADDED: As a solo paying dbl but earning single, I look for the best value (hopefully under 200 day but definitely under 300) and when the transatlantic hit my target I gleefully jumped on it! Not 3-for-free but still good!

Edited by Ombud

Back in the early 90's, I'd just call my TA and ask her to find me a suite. There were always rooms opening up on 'turn back' day. That's how I ended up on the Carnival Ecstasy, NCL Sunward II, and Celebrity Century. I never knew where I was heading until about 45 days out! 

12 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

My best guess is 16 months 🙄

Tony

Me too. Booked on July 2nd of this year for a B2B2B next year. The first one starts November 10, 2020 - appx. 16 months out.The third cruise starts November 29, 2020 which is pretty much 17 months out.  I don't think we've booked farther out than that in the past.