When does your cruise start for you?

sealeggs

35 minutes ago, sealeggs said:

Ours is when we book the cruise start planning and reviewing and researching the ship and the islands we will be visiting IF we haven't been to any which is getting harder to do.

Frequently I saw its when I walk out of work for a large number of days. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

When we arrive in the port city with all our bags delivered.

This is me as well.  There is always that little bit of worry in my mind that the bags won't make it, so once I see them come down the carousel I can finally get into vacation mode!

5 minutes ago, MacMarauder said:

This is me as well.  There is always that little bit of worry in my mind that the bags won't make it, so once I see them come down the carousel I can finally get into vacation mode!

We always have a carry-on with a change of clothes. Worst case scenario, we buy more clothes. At least we're on vacation! 😀

• Like 1

I want to say that it’s when I start planning, but when it really hits me is when I get that first glimpse of the ship from the car/shuttle as we are driving to the port. 

• Like 5

Just now, MacMarauder said:

- and us too!

We always have a pre night hotel stay in the Airport before we fly and this is part of our trip, but alas, like others say, I'm not 100% settled till I have ALL our bags in the pre cruise hotel!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tapi said:

I want to say that it’s when I start planning, but when it really hits me is when I get that first glimpse of the ship from the car/shuttle as we are driving to the port. 

Agreed.

This is when it becomes REAL.

We typically drive (actually have a car service drive us) to the port.  So no flights, no luggage worries.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, kimala said:

When I walk onboard. Because no matter how hard I try to not be, I am a nervous traveller! Once I get onboard I feel Ive made it and I can relax.

Almost the same for me.  Once I'm on the gangway the nervousness finally subsides and the excitement builds.  Up until then I'm pretty bossy and need things done the way I expect.

13 minutes ago, mcgore83 said:

After the muster (mustard) drill.  Then we are on island time!

You just triggered my dad joke reflex.  On our first cruise I was so seriously calling it the mustard drill I had my wife thinking they were handing out packets of it when we walked in the door.

• Haha 1