My husbands first Celebrity Cruise, but he is Diamond with RC

legospice

Hi,

My husband and i are thinking about booking the Reflection for my birthday next year. I am Elite on Celebrity and we are both Diamond on RC.

With it being his first Celebrity cruise, will he be able to come with me to the cocktail hour and whatever other perks i have? Or does it not apply until his second cruise?

Donna

5 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

He is Elite because you are . A spouse living at the same address will take your status . He does not need to have ever sailed on any line.   

True but you would be better off getting him a Captains Club number since he qualifies as elite on Celebrity due to his Diamond status on Royal.   

• Like 4

Have you informed your TA / Celebrity of your C&A number?

We gave our Captains Club number to Royal and we became Diamond.

We used the Diamond line on embarkation.

We were given a few other perks on embarkation

a) 4 bottles of water in the cabin

b) a fruit plate

c) Diamond pin delivered to our cabin before the first Formal night.

Good luck gaining Elite status.

9 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Best to call and have him set up under your status so that his points are set to your equal yours. He will then be collecting towards the next level which cannot be achieved through RCL status

My wife and I have a different number of points (she's been on one extra cruise). Is this incorrect? Should I have the same number of points has she does? Or should I just have the same status?

2 minutes ago, RichYak said:

My wife and I have a different number of points (she's been on one extra cruise). Is this incorrect? Should I have the same number of points has she does? Or should I just have the same status?

The earlier poster is incorrect. Status is equal; points are individually earned.

28 minutes ago, SFCAcruiser said:

The earlier poster is incorrect. Status is equal; points are individually earned.

Thanks. After our next cruise in December, she'll be Elite while I will only have earned enough points to remain at Select. I'll make sure to call to get the bump if it doesn't happen automatically.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, marcybeth3 said:

We have booked our first celebrity cruise, but are diamond on Royal Caribbean. How do we get our diamond status transferred to Celebrity?

You will need to sign up under the Captian's Club with Celebrity:https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/join-the-club

Reciprocity Between Brands

Equivalent recognition is one of the benefits of being a Captain's Club, Crown & Anchor Society and/or Le Club Voyage loyalty member. It offers loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar Celebrity benefits with matching tier status–both pre-cruise and onboard–when sailing with one of the three brands. Members of one loyalty program must enroll in a sister program in order to receive equivalent recognition benefits.

Points on Celebrity and Azamara are earned cumulatively in both loyalty programs. For example, 20 Club Points earned on a Celebrity sailing will be reflected as 20 points in both Celebrity's and Azamara's loyalty programs. The total Club Points for the member will reflect all qualified points earned.

Points earned on Royal Caribbean are earned only for the Royal Caribbean loyalty program. Points of each loyalty program cannot be added together. Points are calculated using the applicable brand's program level accrual system.

The following program levels are equivalent for loyalty program recognition purposes:

• Preview
    • Azamara LeClub Voyage: Preview
  • Classic
    • Azamara LeClub Voyage: Adventurer
  • Select
    • Azamara LeClub Voyage: Explorer
    • Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society: Platinum
  • Elite
    • Azamara LeClub Voyage: Discoverer
    • Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society: Diamond
  • Elite Plus
    • Azamara LeClub Voyage: Discoverer Plus
  • Zenith
    • Azamara LeClub Voyage: Discoverer Platinum
Edited by Plum Happy

1 hour ago, marcybeth3 said:

We have booked our first celebrity cruise, but are diamond on Royal Caribbean. How do we get our diamond status transferred to Celebrity?

Call Celebrity Captains Club and give them your C & A. number & status  and they will give you a Captains Club # and the appropriate level.

2 hours ago, Plum Happy said:

You will need to sign up under the Captian's Club with Celebrity:https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/join-the-club

Reciprocity Between Brands

Equivalent recognition is one of the benefits of being a Captain's Club, Crown & Anchor Society and/or Le Club Voyage loyalty member. It offers loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar Celebrity benefits with matching tier status–both pre-cruise and onboard–when sailing with one of the three brands. Members of one loyalty program must enroll in a sister program in order to receive equivalent recognition benefits.

Points on Celebrity and Azamara are earned cumulatively in both loyalty programs. For example, 20 Club Points earned on a Celebrity sailing will be reflected as 20 points in both Celebrity's and Azamara's loyalty programs. The total Club Points for the member will reflect all qualified points earned.

Points earned on Royal Caribbean are earned only for the Royal Caribbean loyalty program. Points of each loyalty program cannot be added together. Points are calculated using the applicable brand's program level accrual system.

The following program levels are equivalent for loyalty program recognition purposes:

• Preview
    • Azamara LeClub Voyage: Preview
  • Classic
    • Azamara LeClub Voyage: Adventurer
  • Select
    • Azamara LeClub Voyage: Explorer
    • Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society: Platinum
  • Elite
    • Azamara LeClub Voyage: Discoverer
  • Elite Plus
    • Azamara LeClub Voyage: Discoverer Plus
  • Zenith
    • Azamara LeClub Voyage: Discoverer Platinum

Unsure why it states above that Elite Plus and Zenith are equivalent to Royal’s Diamond level, because they are not. One has to obtain sufficient points sailing with Celebrity after Elite level to become Elite Plus or Zenith members.

Edited by villauk

42 minutes ago, villauk said:

Unsure why it states above that Elite Plus and Zenith are equivalent to Royal’s Diamond level, because they are not. One has to obtain sufficient points sailing with Celebrity after Elite level to become Elite Plus or Zenith members.

It works the same way going from Royal to Celebrity - if I am Diamond Plus on RCCL I'm only Elite on Celebrity.  The highest levels cannot be transferred, they must be earned. 

3 hours ago, villauk said:

It's correct. Elite plus and Zenith are only equal to diamond. Agree with your second sentence. 

Edited by davekathy

7 hours ago, CruisinCons said:

It works the same way going from Royal to Celebrity - if I am Diamond Plus on RCCL I'm only Elite on Celebrity.  The highest levels cannot be transferred, they must be earned. 

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

It's correct. Elite plus and Zenith are only equal to diamond. Agree with your second sentence. 

Yes, I know but it reads that Elite Plus is equivalent to Diamond on Royal, and the same for Zenith.. No mention of diamond should be under those headings if it is an equivalent as it suggests to members, if you were looking at it coming over from Royal, that at Diamond level, they could be Elite Plus or Zenith, which isn’t the case. 

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Yes, I know but it reads that Elite Plus is equivalent to Diamond on Royal, and the same for Zenith.. No mention of diamond should be under those headings if it is an equivalent as it suggests to members, if you were looking at it coming over from Royal, that at Diamond level, they could be Elite Plus or Zenith, which isn’t the case. 

While I agree that the explanation could be clearer and the display could be labeled better, the use of Captain’s Club tiers in the left column (bold print) with subordinate outline structure covering “equivalency” in the Azamara and Royal Caribbean loyalty programs below each Celebrity tier, it is implied—we read right to left and top to bottom—that the chart is prepared from the perspective of Captain’s Club tier status and not vice versa for those who are seeking “reciprocal benefits” on X based upon Crown & Anchor status...

Haven’t looked but my guess is that there is a similar chart on the Royal Caribbean website which displays “equivalency” on Celebrity and Azamara based upon C&A membership tier.

6 hours ago, villauk said:

I don't read it that way and is very clear to me. But... I believe we both can agree elite is the highest reciprocal level for Celebrity as a C&A member and diamond is the highest reciprocal level for RC as a CC member. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 5:54 PM, villauk said:

It doesn’t say that - you are trying to read it from two points of view; X & RCL.  You can only read this from an X point of view.  ie if you are Elite Plus or Zenith, you are considered Diamond on RCL.  On RCLs site, it will indicate if you are Diamond or above, you are considered Elite on X.  The chart is a 1-way chart only. 

On 10/9/2019 at 5:53 AM, belle19 said:

yes he is elite on celebrity his first cruise since he is diamond on RC

But it doesn't happen automatically; he should call the Captain's Club well in advance of the cruise, give them his Crown and Anchor number, and then they will assign him a Captain's Club number and show his reciprocal status.