Meraviglia New York-Canada-Miami Oct/Nov '19

Beamafar

2 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Purely in the interests of research 😂 we've been to the Brass Anchor and I can confirm there is Strongbow available on tap.

Science is a wonderful thing.  But the scientific method requires repeatability, so you need to try again on other cruises to verify the initial results! :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope you're having a great time!  We have 62 days till we are onboard the Meraviglia.  On another thread someone mentioned that the Aurea suite bedrooms only had a European outlet.  My DH has a CPAP,  I think there is a plug by the bed in the YC  cabins but do I need to bring an adapter? Is there a US power outlet by the bed?

thanks

5 hours ago, nednrom said:

I hope you're having a great time!  We have 62 days till we are onboard the Meraviglia.  On another thread someone mentioned that the Aurea suite bedrooms only had a European outlet.  My DH has a CPAP,  I think there is a plug by the bed in the YC  cabins but do I need to bring an adapter? Is there a US power outlet by the bed?

thanks

I'll get an answer for you over the coming days if someone doesn't answer sooner.  Are you in an inside or a balcony cabin?

Busy day yesterday, what with the M&M, exploring the ship and unpacking, which brings me onto the subject of the cabin.

Apparently it's smaller than Seaview's YIN, but it's not noticeably so.  The bathroom, while smaller, is a better layout.  You don't need to sit sideways on the loo and the shower is bigger.  The water temperature lever is also easier to use.

The table is similar to a balcony cabin footstool in size and shape, but made of sturdier stuff!  There was one rattan chair in the room.  We asked for a second one and got one no problem.

We also asked for the coffee-making paraphernalia and fruit bowl to be removed.

20191018_144606.thumb.jpg.93f8e95d3b8dee4b9dd2edb30f1ce696.jpg

20191018_144630.thumb.jpg.1a4ee566eca037666385538bf6354bf3.jpg

20191018_144659.thumb.jpg.24a6293ca29c9c2de4868832797b81c8.jpg

• Like 2

I have to admit that, having experienced the YIN on Seaview for 7 nights, I was less than enthusiastic about 23 nights here!  However, I have absolutely no problems at all and am not missing having a balcony.  I think the Seaview experience acclimatised me to it.

• Like 4

Thanks, Bea! We have a YC inside on Seaside next summer and I've been apprehensive as we haven't sailed in an inside cabin in 15 years! I'm feeling better about it now. However, I'm looking at the storage and thinking 😱! Even if I fly with a small carry on, it's going to be tight. Let us know how you make out when everything is unpacked!

• Like 1

Dear Bea 

thank you so much for all the quick responses.   One last one for me - this is any easy one    

can you confirm that once on board the first day that MSC was only allowed to serve Beer & Wine until the ship sailed from NYC.   If this was the case, was your YC minibar still stocked so that u can raid that in the meantime???

have a most wonderful day.   See you all a week Monday.  😘😘😘

Dear Marco ... yes, beer, wine and champagne certainly were being served.  As I was very happily  drinking Veuve Cliquot and DH beer, we didn't miss the hard liquor and never even considered the mini-bar.  In fact, we still haven't touched anything in it.

Perhaps you might email me at the following address.  I'd like to send you a private message.  No problems if you would rather not.  Looking forward to meeting you both next week.

bemafar@yahoo.co.uk

Another thing to add re the cabin.  The ceiling is nicer than on Seaview, being silver grey in colour, rather than the wood colour on Seaview which made the cabin darker and the ceiling feel even lower than it is.

However, there is not enough lighting and a second light to the right over the mirror would be a big help

20191020_094503.thumb.jpg.ac3697550a45e6c29423e32e15a10ebb.jpg

Photos are very slow to upload which is why I haven't yet posted menus or food pics, even though I'd prefer to do them daily.  Nor will I get to post every menu for the 23 nights - I'm afraid it would just be too time-consuming.

Nikki ... I haven't managed to get the wine list yet, but I will do in the next few days, hopefully.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Photos are very slow to upload which is why I haven't yet posted menus or food pics, even though I'd prefer to do them daily.  Nor will I get to post every menu for the 23 nights - I'm afraid it would just be too time-consuming.

Nikki ... I haven't managed to get the wine list yet, but I will do in the next few days, hopefully.

It would be nice to figure out how many different menus there are.  So far I have found 8 dinner and 7 lunch (and 1 breakfast).  It's also harder to get pictures of the dessert menus, because they aren't presented at the beginning of dinner and then people forget later.  If YC menus are set by corporate, it would be nice to create a sticky with good shots of all of them.  [I can do that, if you send the pictures.]