Oceania beach/tote bag

Roccaforte

3 minutes ago, ORV said:

Amusing. 

Amusing, at first I thought it was that Tyvex type bag that all rooms get, but then I don't think Oceania does that, but Celebrity does, perhaps someone else had the same misconception. 

ORV

I just checked

We have been in B & C cabins 9 times over the years  the only bag in them was the laundry bag

Now could  we have been unfortunate to be in a cabin with no tote bag .....is anyone that unlucky 😇

In anycase  we never got them in B & C cabins & did not see anyone in the hallways carrying them

Things  will change  come Nov 1st  with the new Loyalty perks

Maybe GeorgesGal has connections on the ships 😀

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

LOL

Yes  I find the shoes are an issue

I have managed to get it down to 3 sometimes 4 prs

My next cruise I am trying to do carry -on only

time will tell if I am successful or not 😅

Enjoy the cruise

Wow, carry on only!  I’m impressed. Last time I did that was island hopping in Greece, a looong time ago. 

Thanks and enjoy your cruise too. And remember you can always buy another bag (and shoes) en route. 

14 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Wow, carry on only!  I’m impressed. Last time I did that was island hopping in Greece, a looong time ago. 

Thanks and enjoy your cruise too. And remember you can always buy another bag (and shoes) en route. 

I have not succeeded in carry on only yet  LOL  but there is always hope

Yes  we have  bought new bags  for our shopping LOL

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

ORV

I just checked

We have been in B & C cabins 9 times over the years  the only bag in them was the laundry bag

Now could  we have been unfortunate to be in a cabin with no tote bag .....is anyone that unlucky 😇

In anycase  we never got them in B & C cabins & did not see anyone in the hallways carrying them

Things  will change  come Nov 1st  with the new Loyalty perks

New Loyalty perks Nov 1 ???

We have been doing carryon only for three years, longest cruise was 21 days.  Last cruise was 7 days which Dorian stretched to 10, and I only took two pair shoes, one of which I was wearing.  And We do formal nights on ships that have them.  EM

We never have received a “free” tote bag from Oceania because our highest cabin category has been a B1 Veranda but we have three different ones we have “earned” with our “O” points, primarily from playing trivia in the evenings.  I like the ones with zippers but lately have used my Bric’s bag purchased onboard with leftover OBC as both my airplane carryon and bag for the pool deck.

Edited by CintiPam

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

We have been doing carryon only for three years, longest cruise was 21 days.  Last cruise was 7 days which Dorian stretched to 10, and I only took two pair shoes, one of which I was wearing.  And We do formal nights on ships that have them.  EM

Unclear about what you're replying to but I only carry two pairs of shoes and I could do formal without adding much to the bag.  But we do check a bag.

18 hours ago, LHT28 said:

ORV

If we had connections on the ships, we wouldn't be staying in ocean view, B2, B1's, but at minimum would be in a PH!  Oh wouldn't that be great if true.  No, Orv, no connections, just happy dispositions.

4 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

If we had connections on the ships, we wouldn't be staying in ocean view, B2, B1's, but at minimum would be in a PH!  Oh wouldn't that be great if true.  No, Orv, no connections, just happy dispositions.

I think what people are wanting to know is how you get the tote bags as they don't give them out below the Concierge level.

10 minutes ago, ORV said:

I think what people are wanting to know is how you get the tote bags as they don't give them out below the Concierge level.

I've no idea!  When one turns up in our room we ask for a second.  But no, we usually bring one from a previous cruise.  I've plenty of bags to use for grocery shopping now!

19 hours ago, ORV said:

Amusing. 

Amusing, at first I thought it was that Tyvex type bag that all rooms get, but then I don't think Oceania does that, but Celebrity does, perhaps someone else had the same misconception. 

This is something I. hadn't mentioned:  the bags we received in PH were SUPERIOR (the blue and white ones) to the others, which were a lesser quality material, and no zippers.

Maybe I just never pay attention to them. Are these in the closet? I usually clear all the extra stuff out of the way. I looked through a box of old bags that I have and couldn't find any like you're talking about. I did find another Oceania bag that I got with Big O points. I actually like it quite a lot. Heavy cloth with a snap instead of a zipper, off white with blue trim and embroidery. 

17 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

This is something I. hadn't mentioned:  the bags we received in PH were SUPERIOR (the blue and white ones) to the others, which were a lesser quality material, and no zippers.

Any photos of them??

The one we got in Concierge  had a zipper

4 minutes ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

This is one of two tote bags that got while aboard Sirena on the Miami - Buenos Aires itinerary Dec 2018 - Jan 2019. Concierge class. It has an external zipper as well as one zippered pocket, divider and additional pockets inside. 

IMG_5336.JPG

fullsizeoutput_127d.jpeg

They've been using those for a while now. The previous ones were darker  blue with a white top area with the name on it. 

• Like 2

I have one of those bright blue ones and that center divider makes the bag unusable, for me anyway.  Since it is so thin is does not 'divide' well and just gets in the way and makes the bag seem smaller.  I tried putting a beach towel in it and it was an exercise in frustration.   I should use a pair of scissors to take it out and make it one large space.  

41 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

I should use a pair of scissors to take it out and make it one large space.  

Exactly what I did with mine.  I guess the reasoning behind the divider was to keep wet bathing suits away from the dry stuff, but I just use the bag for 'stuff' and groceries!

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Any photos of them??

The one we got in Concierge  had a zipper

The one  Rob the Cruiser shows above is similar to both types I have.  Mine with the zipper has the white fabric on the top with the O logo, while the all blue one with lesser quality fabric and no zipper.

• Thanks 1