Club Class for $100 a day extra ($50 per person) Worth it?

brt49

Looking at a Cruise in 2021. Difference between regular mini suite and Club Class is $700 a person, usually don't care as we are with friends that we eat dinner with who don't do Club Class, but this one might be a Cruise without friends. On the Island. 14 days. On this class, we prefer the aft mini suites on the Dolphin deck which are covered. Any covered Club Class mini suites we should choose?

If you want to be seated anytime and eat in the main dining room, then yes.  If you want to do specialty dining nightly, it would be less than that.  It's up to you.  I loved Club Class and would book again at that price. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For me, it would not be worth $50 per person per day.  For what, priority anytime dining?  I could go to Crown Grill every night for less (not that I’d enjoy steakhouse every day).

I like the CC cabin locations and normally have a mini-suite cabin just a door or two away, so that is not an issue for me.

You have to think is the cabin worth the extra.... then consider the No wait Dinning in the MDR worth the extra.....

If you have  a lots of sea days there is lunch as well as breakfast....

Only you can decided is it worth the extra .........

$50 per day per person.... buy drinks or speciality dinning with change.... or money in the bank 

Is it nice .... but we get it by going in a suite.....

Cheers Don

2 hours ago, brt49 said:

Looking at a Cruise in 2021. Difference between regular mini suite and Club Class is $700 a person, usually don't care as we are with friends that we eat dinner with who don't do Club Class, but this one might be a Cruise without friends. On the Island. 14 days. On this class, we prefer the aft mini suites on the Dolphin deck which are covered. Any covered Club Class mini suites we should choose?

Yikes ... $1400 more is an awful lot to pay just for Club Class ... and I love Club Class.  But, no ... I wouldn't do it ... it is just too much.  I think my limit would be half that price.    

Basically it comes down to evening dining. While breakfast and lunch on sea days is served, it is pretty easy to find a seat in the regular DR and get the same meal. Is $1,400 worth the convenience and a little extra service for your evening meal? With only two MDR's I understand that non club class ATD on the Island Princess can be tight. This may be a consideration. Will you eat some dinners in specialty restaurants or the buffet? Two evenings away from club class and you are paying $1,400 for 5 nights. Do the math. Dine in Sabatini's, Bayou Cafe, Crab Shack every evening would cost $406. Add an ultimate balcony dinner one evening and the cost would be $448.

I too would opine that this seems a stiff tariff for a bump from a standard mini to CC.  I draw the line for myself somewhere around half that premium.  I said it before but will reiterate IMHO CC service is little to no better than fixed seating dining.  It is better than ATD in terms of attentiveness.  The additional dishes are rarely worth any sort of premium.

I'd spend the money elsewhere, the same money darn near covers the PBP for both pax.

21 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

For me, it would not be worth $50 per person per day.  For what, priority anytime dining?  I could go to Crown Grill every night for less (not that I’d enjoy steakhouse every day).

I like the CC cabin locations and normally have a mini-suite cabin just a door or two away, so that is not an issue for me.

last cruise on princess regel the crow was all booked before we got on board...….never again we now do cc …..

no, not for us ... but then again we don't do mini's because of the tub ...

now, it won't happen - but maybe adding it  as a paid option for people in premium deluxe true aft balconies

and prolly wouldn't at 50 pp/pd ...

Edited by voljeep

I agree with all of you. I did NOT think it was worth it, but only on our 7th Princess cruise and never done CC, I figured I would ask those with much more cruises/days then myself. 

Thank you guys for confirming what I was thinking.

You guys are the best!