2 cruises away from Elite status. Am I crazy?

calicakes

30 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I thought that (assume you are talking about the MDR lunch) was only available to Concierge and back-to-back passengers. Am I wrong?

Sorry yes I got mixed up. It's only available if you have a concierge cabin.  I do like that particular benefit as I don't care for buffets much. 

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Actually, we were disappointed in the Blu breakfasts on some earlier cruises.  My DH eats "unhealthy" He likes bacon and fried potatoes and we never could get that in blu or at the Elite breakfast.  

Either the buffet or lumanie were our dining venue.  I enjoy the salmon and bagels which wasn't available at the Buffet on our last Equinox sailing in August.  So typically had our breakfast at Lumanie.  But heard that the MDR breakfast was also good.

Fyi. I did ask for and receive the fried hash brown triangle thing in September on Equinox.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We love the suite experience- Michael's club is wonderful.  Not sure if the Constellation will be renovated, if yes, they will have a great suite lounge and suite deck.  The extra space in your cabin is great!  We enjoyed all of the amenities.  You will probably be invited to the helipad for sail aways, perhaps a bridge tour, and other special functions.  It was nice having a butler also.  Lumanie is a really nice private restaurant.  You aren't sitting on top of the table next to you.

If you can swing it, try a suite.  if not you will also have a great trip.  My only caution is that once in a suite- it is hard to go back to a regular cabin!

We did book the suite. The ship should be renovated.

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

The embarkation lunch is the only thing of any great value if you're Elite status

There is no embarkation lunch for Elite, but there is if you are sailing in a Concierge cabin.

We have been Elite since 2012 and have never had the lunch.

Edited by upwarduk

8 hours ago, RichYak said:

Same here. Let me take you on a little ride...

I used my Captain's Club Select tier to match to Mlife Gold. Then matched Mlife Gold to Hyatt Explorist status. The Hyatt Explorist status got me a free American Airlines Gold status challenge that I used for free checked bags and free upgrades to Main Cabin Extra seats for 3 months. In addition, the last time I was in Atlantic City, I stopped by Harrah's and matched my Mlife Gold to Caesar's Diamond, which I then matched to Wyndham Diamond. I used one of the aforementioned statuses (I forget which) to match to National Car Rental Executive Elite which I then matched to Hertz President's Circle.

All of this from just a Captain's Club Select tier. After our cruise next month, my wife will be CC Elite, which I'm told makes me Elite as well by way of marriage. 😎

Wow, I thought I was the travel hack queen but I bow to the king!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, calicakes said:

Fyi. I did ask for and receive the fried hash brown triangle thing in September on Equinox.

9 hours ago, Nymich said:

I guess I am a hopper with a Hal/X base.

he likes the roasted type of potatoes but will settle for those greasy squares if necessary   But must have his bacon.

On Embarkation Day, lunch is available in Luminae for suite passengers   It is available in the MDR for Concierge Class cabins.  This all has nothing to do with Elite status.  It is a paid benefit that comes with your cabin.  For everybody else you can go to the Oceanview Buffet or to the pool deck for a burger.  On some ships the Aqua Spa Cafe might also serve lunch that day.  You can also get pastries at Cafe al Bacio. 

On 11/12/2019 at 6:56 AM, Shadow9612 said:

I'm with you  - this is where the elite happy hour benefit will come in handy as we won't choose the beverage package as a perk anymore due to the upcharge as we don't drink enough alcoholic drinks.  Once we get to Elite+, that'll take care of the cappuccinos etc..  I'll miss not having to sign for each water etc.  

We are taking a Brita filter mini water pitcher  along on EDGE tom.  ( available at Target) . We have the Classic and will get water but I dislike the house brand on EDGE  that  is in metal.  Hope this will  filter water we get at the buffet...  Will let you know how it works out! 

We will also buy some nice sparkling water for dining..

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

When we sailed in Blu-albiet a few years ago- you couldn't .  They had boiled type potatoes and no bacon- So we never ate breakfast in blu again- we also stopped aqua class for all future cruises-

BLU has become better over the yrs..other than no waffles and tableside museli

44 minutes ago, hcat said:

44 minutes ago, hcat said:

Enjoy an occasional waffle, but never enjoy museli.    However, since we now book suites, I am spoiled by the suite class amenities including Lumanie!  cannot go back to AQ.  Hopefully, as long as we can continue to book suites, we will! Perhaps when we retire, we might reconsider our options!