Veranda VS. Concierge Class

Cruiseoholic000

2 hours ago, Cruiseoholic000 said:

What is the real difference between Veranda VS. Concierge Class? I know this is subjective but is it worth it to upgrade?

The only real difference is in room location.We book concierge class because my wife likes to be on the same level as the pool and enjoys the balcony on the hump.

The benefits have diminished of late and IMO don't warrant the price increase over a balcony cabin. Given the inconsistent information provided on the website, it's difficult to determine exactly what the benefits might be at a given time, but here are the amenities as listed today:

The Concierge Class Stateroom Experience

Each Concierge Class stateroom includes the following world-class amenities that all contribute to your modern luxury experience. From thoughtful in-room additions to personalized service, enjoy the signature touches you'll only find when you sail with Celebrity Cruises.

Personalized Concierge service

Priority check-in

Exclusive embarkation day lunch

Destination Seminar

Exclusive pre-departure lounge

Priority debarkation

Main & specialty restaurant seating time preferences

Welcome sparkling wine and fresh fruit

Daily delivery of afternoon savories

On an M-Class ship I believe Concierge and Aqua Class cabins are bigger than standard veranda.  They are the same size on S-Class ships and I'm unsure of the difference on Edge.  I wouldn't pay much extra for Concierge as the only benefit that I see for me is 5 Captains Club points vs. 3 in standard veranda.  And even that I don't really care about.

On an M-class ship (Millenium, Summit, Infinity, Constellation) the Concierge cabins are about 20 sq. ft. bigger. On S-class they are the same size. You get 2 extra Captains Club points per night in Concierge class. Unless you want more room on an M-class or are looking to move up in Captains Club level quicker for a particular reason the extra benefits you get are minimal. While there a some pleasant extras you get with Concierge class I'd not pay a great deal more for the Concierge Class.

We did Concierge on the last cruise after getting burned out on Blu and it was great!   We liked the embarkation day 

lunch and had a great time up on the helipad with the group.  With the points it got us to Elite on X.

I usually take concierge mainly for location. Perks wise it’s nothing at all. On m class there is noticeable since the rooms are different sizes as many have mentioned.  I’m also at the point now the room is not that important I only sleep n store clothes there.  Tho to be honest I tend to find comfy chairs around the ships n take naps. Showers many times are in the gym.  Like those better overall.  

In the UK in September, there was an offer of an upgrade to Concierge or Aqua for Balcony price. I looked at Aqua, as we’ve never dined in Blu, but when I looked at cabins on deck 11, I realised that many had the lido deck above them, so potentially could be very noisy early morning.

I decided to choose deck 10 Concierge and was able to secure a 1A larger balcony on the hump. This was a C2 which I got for C3 price- 1 category upgrade as I am Elite.

It means we will get 5 Captains Club points per night, so opposed to 3 for the balcony.

Edited by upwarduk

My wife and I always sail in concierge class, C2, deck 10 midship. We have been in cabin 1207 eighteen times on the five S-Class ships. And 1205, 1209, 1215, etc on other sailings.  We like the location.  Midship, cabins above and cabins below, near the central elevators, stairs, and library, and just two decks up to the pool, and two or three to the Oceanview Cafe.  

Why concierge class?  Well, I said the location is great.  We really are not fond of most of the benefits that come with the concierge cabin.  The afternoon treats over the last few years are just plain awful.  Just go up to the Oceanview Cafe at three or four, and get really good treats, or of course the treats always available at Cafe el Bacio on deck five.  The sparkling wine you get upon embarkation is also very very very very low quality.  We don't really use the other benefits.

HOWEVER, my wife LOVES the fluffy bathrobes that come with the concierge cabin.  May not seem like much, but to my wife, it is great.  The robes are much thicker and bigger than the normal robes in veranda and inside cabins.  Simple, but to my wife, the robes are why we book concierge class.  We also like the golf umbrella that comes in the concierge cabin. 

I guess we also like being able to board first.  Another nice concierge perk.  May not seem like much, but the higher deck 10 location,  the fluffy bathrobes, the umbrella, and getting to board first are worth it to us.   Before the "edgeification", concierge class also received better toiletries in the bathroom, but that may be disappearing.  

6 minutes ago, lifeisrealygood said:

HOWEVER, my wife LOVES the fluffy bathrobes that come with the concierge cabin.  May not seem like much, but to my wife, it is great.  The robes are much thicker and bigger than the normal robes in veranda and inside cabins.  Simple, but to my wife, the robes are why we book concierge class.  We also like the golf umbrella that comes in the concierge cabin. 

The bathrobes in balcony cabins are too small for me, so I have been given one of these larger robes on request.

6 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

You can just buy a robe and bring it.

6 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

Why concierge class?  Well, I said the location is great.  We really are not fond of most of the benefits that come with the concierge cabin.  The afternoon treats over the last few years are just plain awful.  Just go up to the Oceanview Cafe at three or four, and get really good treats, or of course the treats always available at Cafe el Bacio on deck five.  The sparkling wine you get upon embarkation is also very very very very low quality.  We don't really use the other benefits.

Just a tip about the sparkling wine, you can trade it out for a bottle of Prosecco or a nice bottle of red. We always take the bottle to the dining room and ask the sommelier to swap it for us without a problem.  When we sail Aqua Class we take it to Blu. 

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

We book CC category if the cost is $10 or less per day.  We are close to Elite Plus, so at times we do consider that potential benefit.  I think that currently CC and AQ cabin categories give 5 points per day.  A standard veranda gives 3 points per day.  For us, becoming Elite Plus would give us some more internet minutes, but not really anything else for Captains Club unless there is more  laundry benefits.

The pure CC benefit is nothing that I can point to and say I like it on S class.  We do like more space, but again, I could not tell you if I was in a CC cabin or a regular cabin just by looking at it or standing in it on an M class CC cabin. I would need to walk into both types to see the difference and would that really change it for me.

We do like the pillow selection now that I think about it, so that would be one.  The afternoon canapés are not something we eat or look forward to.  All the pre and post boarding and separate dining options are not something we even think about.  

Having said the above, again we do book CC based on a nominal increase, primarily for the Captains Club points along with pillows and on M class the stated larger cabin size.  

My suggestion is try it sometime when cost is not much more than a standard veranda.  

Edited by shipshape sam

17 minutes ago, Cruiseoholic000 said:

Thank you for all the input. I think I am going to pass on the concierge class cabin as it looks like it is not worth the extra cost.  I do enjoy room service breakfast.  Would a A1 have the same menu as the concierge class?

Concierge Class has an expanded room service menu.

14 minutes ago, Cruiseoholic000 said:

Thank you for all the input. I think I am going to pass on the concierge class cabin as it looks like it is not worth the extra cost.  I do enjoy room service breakfast.  Would a A1 have the same menu as the concierge class?

CC will have a slightly expanded menu for breakfast room service. 

The agent  I use typically has CC cabins priced at or below some veranda categories. Swap out the daily canapés for cheese and crackers and taking into account the slightly more favorable cabin  location, It’s worth a small premium to us. 

The boarding day lunch, the concierge service, the (supposedly) better dinner time preferences, etc don’t amount to anything for me personally.