Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

Take a look at what I did. Wife and I used a nice reckless with them. SHOEGOO did the gluing on the back. Only problem my wife had. When she wore a blouse with metal sequence on it. The medallion would connect to it because of the magnet/ On the cruise I cut off the stock black fastener. No need to remove it ever.

Medallion 1.JPG

• Like 1

So a question, new to Princess, do you have to have all passport information and cruise personalizer completed to place the order for the medallions?  My daughter is waiting on a renewed passport, so wondered if she had to wait until then. Thanks for any information.

18 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

right, fake news, hearsay from the manager of guest services. I'm sorry we even posted it here.

Come on. It is only hear say. You have to bring up the saying "fake news". Please! I would think if there was anything to it, you would be reading it everywhere. No where to be found that I know of.

9 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Come on. It is only hear say. You have to bring up the saying "fake news". Please! I would think if there was anything to it, you would be reading it everywhere. No where to be found that I know of.

Before you make a snap judgement about the source of this information, why not read posts 459 & 460 and be a little more informed about the source of the information?  When the Guest Services Director announces a new program that the cruise line is implementing, it is not 'hearsay.'  Do you know what hearsay really means?

CruiseVA is not making the news, he's just reporting it.  Believe it or don't believe it but your inference that CruiseVA is relying on hearsay is just plain wrong.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Before you make a snap judgement about the source of this information, why not read posts 459 & 460 and be a little more informed about the source of the information?  When the Guest Services Director announces a new program that the cruise line is implementing, it is not 'hearsay.'  Do you know what hearsay really means?

CruiseVA is not making the news, he's just reporting it.  Believe it or don't believe it but your inference that CruiseVA is relying on hearsay is just plain wrong.

Sir. You heard something on one cruise. If you can find any information on this anywhere. Go for it. I can not. So as far as I am concerned. It means nothing. He may be right on. I will believe the magnets are removed when I read it from Princess Cruise lines. Not from anywhere else. So far. Nothing.

Just now, twodaywonder said:

Sir. You heard something on one cruise. If you can find any information on this anywhere. Go for it. I can not. So as far as I am concerned. It means nothing. He may be right on. I will believe the magnets are removed when I read it from Princess Cruise lines. Not from anywhere else. So far. Nothing.

You made the snap judgement from one person saying it, not me.

3 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

You made the snap judgement from one person saying it, not me.

We were simply reporting what the Guest Services Directory told us. Based on what he said, and, the Medallion that HE had & passed around it seemed like it was a reasonable assumption that he wasn't lying to us.  This is a silly discussion, if you choose to need to see it in writing somewhere, then just ignore what we said until Carnival announces it, or, doesn't. In any event, we'll continue to write about things that various officers may tell us, and, you may simply choose to ignore us. Please stop trolling us....

• Like 3

On 2/4/2020 at 2:03 PM, CruiseVA said:

We got a couple of things cleared up at our Meet & Mingle today by the head of Guest Relations.

1. Personal Information available to servers & staff other than the desk.  They have access to your name, picture, month & day of birth, not year, and state you are from. The birthday & state are so that the servers can use that info to start up a conversation with you.  That's all they see.  So those rumors about Passport ID, phone number, address are just that - unfounded rumors.

2. We're on the Regal and a lot of servers keep asking us for our Cabin number. The reason for that is because not all servers have been trained in using the Medallion System. So fat only the Sky was built for the Medallion & all personnel were trained from the start. Since it's an addon to all other ships they are slowly  coming up to speed.  

3. He passed his Medallion around, the new ones are made of plastic and are pacemaker safe.

Hello @CruiseVA. Thank you for sharing these learnings with the community. We did want to clarify one point regarding the Medallion and pacemakers. The new design for the device does still contain magnets and radio frequency (RF) ID technology that, like the prior design, meet the RF requirements set by the Federal Communications Commission. And while the RF energy they produce is similar to levels in other consumer products, because each medical device is different, guests should still consult with the manufacturer of their device and their physician for guidance. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

We were simply reporting what the Guest Services Directory told us. Based on what he said, and, the Medallion that HE had & passed around it seemed like it was a reasonable assumption that he wasn't lying to us.  This is a silly discussion, if you choose to need to see it in writing somewhere, then just ignore what we said until Carnival announces it, or, doesn't. In any event, we'll continue to write about things that various officers may tell us, and, you may simply choose to ignore us. Please stop trolling us....

Thank you for providing the information you heard first hand.  I appreciate all of your posts and look forward to hearing more information from you.   Safe Travels! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Exactly that’s what we did extensively prior to our cruise. 
I would imagine  many won’t.

Fortunately I don't have this as an issue (yet..)  I am curious though, how do you know what specifications for the medallion to tell your Doctor and/or the heart device manufacturer?

I now have four Princess apps on my iphone: Ocean Ready, Ocean Now, Ocean Compass and MedallionClass. Ocean Ready and the Medallion Class app seem to have the same info. Which one should I be using? Some of these apps seem to require that I be logged into the ship's network and are >almost< self explanatory. After I complete the check in process, and I want to download these apps to my husband's phone, does he create his own log in (email and password) or do I log in with my credentials so we are using the same info? If I create a log in for him, does the app merge our information.. cabin, etc. I am pretty techie for an oldster, but this is getting confusing even for me.

I signed up for the complimentary lanyard. Does that arrive with the Medallion, or does one have to request that separately? Anyone like one accessory more than the other? Can we still use a regular room card?  I was going to order the clip, but the shipping was $6 for a $7 item. Do they sell these or any other accessories on the ship?

Thanks for help sorting it out.

1 minute ago, cruisingram1 said:

I now have four Princess apps on my iphone: Ocean Ready, Ocean Now, Ocean Compass and MedallionClass. Ocean Ready and the Medallion Class app seem to have the same info. Which one should I be using? Some of these apps seem to require that I be logged into the ship's network and are >almost< self explanatory. After I complete the check in process, and I want to download these apps to my husband's phone, does he create his own log in (email and password) or do I log in with my credentials so we are using the same info? If I create a log in for him, does the app merge our information.. cabin, etc. I am pretty techie for an oldster, but this is getting confusing even for me.

I signed up for the complimentary lanyard. Does that arrive with the Medallion, or does one have to request that separately? Anyone like one accessory more than the other? Can we still use a regular room card?  I was going to order the clip, but the shipping was $6 for a $7 item. Do they sell these or any other accessories on the ship?

Thanks for help sorting it out.

You and your husband will have different logins. Yes they sell many different accessories for the medallion on the ship. A lanyard does come with each medallion. Parts of the app will not work till you get on the ship. Once on the ship and you use it for a few days. I think you will really love it as many do.

5 hours ago, cruisingram1 said:

I was going to order the clip, but the shipping was $6 for a $7 item. Do they sell these or any other accessories on the ship?

Yes. Wait until you board if you want the "official" clip or other accessories.

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

Yes. Wait until you board if you want the "official" clip or other accessories.

Just to give you and idea on the cost of an item.. My wife liked the one on the thin neck chain. Really nice looking. You snap in the medallion. Comes in silver or gold. $44.00

1 hour ago, twodaywonder said:

Just to give you and idea on the cost of an item.. My wife liked the one on the thin neck chain. Really nice looking. You snap in the medallion. Comes in silver or gold. $44.00

Ouch. I knew that one was expensive. I've been wondering about the cost of the clip. I know a lot of folks are using the Fitbit clip but it doesn't really fit properly so I've wondered how much the "real" clip sells for. I'd probably just keep the thing in my pocket but, if I were to use an accessory holder, it would likely be the clip.

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Ouch. I knew that one was expensive. I've been wondering about the cost of the clip. I know a lot of folks are using the Fitbit clip but it doesn't really fit properly so I've wondered how much the "real" clip sells for. I'd probably just keep the thing in my pocket but, if I were to use an accessory holder, it would likely be the clip.

That was only one example that my wife was interested in. Did not buy it. Other items are more and less.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

I think the round rubberized clip is about $7.00.  The $44.00 item is a gold fancy necklace that accepts the medallion.

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Michael, DW got the clip for $8, I got the wristband for $12. Enjoy.... Both fit perfectly.

Jim😎