Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

8 hours ago, 1965 said:

I scrolled back several pages & found 1 post that i think  may have the answer. Not sure. Our 2nd medallion cruise departs Nov. 23. All our circles are green except cruise personalizer. I have gone over that info several times & cannot find anything missing. But still there is that orange exclamation mark. Will this eventually correct itself? I think someone posted that's what happened with them. Thanks! 

That is exactly what happened to us, we leave on 2/2/2020 and I think it cleared up a week or two ago. Funny thing is that when I initially set it up in the App all was green, then much later the Cruise Personalizer got flagged.  I wasn't worried, if there was an issue it would have gotten cleared up at the pier.

• Like 1

I can't order the medallion for my B2B. It also lists the 2 voyages under the 1st booking # despite the fact that I'm the only one on the 2nd leg (returning granddaughters to dtr on turnaround day). Wondering:

1. Do I get a free drink on both legs

2. Is it 1 or 2 voyages (impacts loyalty OBC)

3. Will bill automatically be combined or do I go to PSD?

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 12:20 PM, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Do we use the Medallion or the app when boarding?

16 hours ago, suers515 said:

You use both.  The app has your boarding pass (under Ocean Ready) and they have you scan the Medallion 2 or 3 times to get on the ship.

I leave on my first Medallion Class Cruise on Sunday.  I have been under the impression from previous posts that the only things I need for boarding is my medallion and passport.  I am Ocean Ready and have our medallions.  Am I under the wrong impression? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I leave on my first Medallion Class Cruise on Sunday.  I have been under the impression from previous posts that the only things I need for boarding is my medallion and passport.  I am Ocean Ready and have our medallions.  Am I under the wrong impression? 

I believe you need a boarding pass.  Either from Ocean Ready or I think you can print it at Princess.com. The same place you get your luggage tags.

I thought I remembered just tapping the Medallion at check-in & showing them my passport.  At most, you need a Medallion & a device with the App on it that's Ocean Ready & Passport to board. You show them the  QR code in the App (I think). I usually print the boarding passes as a backup.

If you can't order your Medallion on your phone, they will provide you with one at check-in (in which case, you may need printed copies of your boarding passes & your Passport). You can't download the App onto your laptop, it only supports iOS & Android. I faintly remember going to ocean.com for my 1st MedallionClass cruise, but, you can't login there anymore.

Both times we did the MedallionClass cruise there were glitches for me, first time, it showed my wife's picture for me, the had to retake in the terminal, then when I boarded the ship they had to re-take my picture again. The 2nd time, they had to scan our passports in again, even though I had verified that morning that they were there (at least on my App).  In both cases, it didn't take more than a couple of minutes & were were ready to go aboard.

• Thanks 1

We have been on 7 medallion cruises and only things we have ever needed was the medallion and passport. The first couple of times I had the ocean ready boarding pass open on my phone and they said just tap one of our medallions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've been on 1 medallion cruise. All went smoothly & efficiently. They did need to retake my security photo because my hair was much shorter at cruise time. It did alter my appearance somewhat from the photo I had entered on my medallion. 

On 1/30/2020 at 8:47 AM, Daniel A said:

Some ports require showing a boarding pass prior to port entry.

I received an e-mail from Princess this morning.  It states: "

CORONAVIRUS TRAVEL ADVISORY

We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) situation and wish to reassure you that the risk to our guests and crew is low and our medical experts are coordinating closely with global health authorities.

As a precautionary measure, any guest who has traveled from or through mainland China within 14 days of the beginning of this cruise will be denied boarding. This does not apply to Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. If this applies to you or your client, please contact us at 1-800-774-6237 (North America) or your country s office to provide proof of such travel and we will process a full refund of all amounts paid to Princess Cruises for this voyage.

In addition, all guests will be subject to pre-boarding health reporting and screening at cruise check-in, in addition to other precautions being taken. The above is subject to change based on the interests of health and safety of our guests and crew and any other requirements imposed by local authorities."

It sounds like despite having the medallions, we will have health forms and lines at embarkation.  :classic_sad:

On 11/13/2019 at 11:08 AM, LauraS said:

Hi Everyone!

Please use this new topic to ask and answer all questions regarding Princess' Ocean Medallion products, apps and functionality.

For a resource purposes:

Princess Cruises' OceanMedallion Transforms Cruising ~ Sponsored by Princess Cruises

*Link to:  Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

*Link to: Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

The discussions were getting long, plus many of the earlier issues are no longer, well, issues!

*The above two topics are closed

Laura

Hi Laura,

the wife and I have been cruising for over a quarter of a century. We like Princess a lot until our last cruise which was a week ago on Caribbean Princess doing the Panama Canal. I know this is a little off target at first but I will answer you question. This last cruise was horrible. I hate to say that but after sailing 45-50 we have seen a thing or two. We have always found things to do, enjoy some crew members and make a rough time into a good one. This cruise was hell. I have been in contact with Princess and will not discuss resolution but we are two cruises from Elite and sadly will not make that status. Medallion, it still has major bugs. Drink orders get dropped, checkin was a joke but it did unlock the door (most times). I learned this on this past cruise, anyone that comes in contact with you for services, shops, drink orders; all those people have all of your personal information. Be careful with Medallion. I would request a card. 

On 1/29/2020 at 2:47 PM, CruiseVA said:

That is exactly what happened to us, we leave on 2/2/2020 and I think it cleared up a week or two ago. Funny thing is that when I initially set it up in the App all was green, then much later the Cruise Personalizer got flagged.  I wasn't worried, if there was an issue it would have gotten cleared up at the pier.

I talked with the Medallion department as I had the same problem. They indicated their was a problem on their end but everything was ok with my account.

Anyone wanting to call them you can reach them at 844-525-0942. 

Tom😀 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, talbotj344 said:

Hi Laura,

the wife and I have been cruising for over a quarter of a century. We like Princess a lot until our last cruise which was a week ago on Caribbean Princess doing the Panama Canal. I know this is a little off target at first but I will answer you question. This last cruise was horrible. I hate to say that but after sailing 45-50 we have seen a thing or two. We have always found things to do, enjoy some crew members and make a rough time into a good one. This cruise was hell. I have been in contact with Princess and will not discuss resolution but we are two cruises from Elite and sadly will not make that status. Medallion, it still has major bugs. Drink orders get dropped, checkin was a joke but it did unlock the door (most times). I learned this on this past cruise, anyone that comes in contact with you for services, shops, drink orders; all those people have all of your personal information. Be careful with Medallion. I would request a card. 

9 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

Previous post has so much misinformation, I'm sorry they had a bad experience on their last cruise, but none of what they are saying is close to the truth.

Looks to me that with only 4 posts, it could be another hit &run from somebody I have not seen on CC in quite a while.  :classic_dry: 

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Looks to me that with only 4 posts, it could be another hit &run from somebody I have not seen on CC in quite a while.  :classic_dry: 

I reviewed their 4 posts and I concur with your conclusion. All 4 are on the medallion and the fact that all the employees know your personal data.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, talbotj344 said:

anyone that comes in contact with you for services, shops, drink orders; all those people have all of your personal information. 

Absolute rubbish, they do, however, know if you have the drink package.

Jim😎    We will miss you.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jeanandjim said:

Absolute rubbish, they do, however, know if you have the drink package.

Jim😎    We will miss you.

Totally agree. If they are staff who are accepting payment from you they will see your name, your Captain's Circle status, your cabin number, and whether or not you have the beverage package. This is the same information they see when they scan your cruise card. I've seen the screens - the bar staff showed me what came up when they either scanned my card or manually entered my portfolio number. I'm not concerned about them knowing this information. It is hardly "all of your personal information". Sheesh...

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

Totally agree. If they are staff who are accepting payment from you they will see your name, your Captain's Circle status, your cabin number, and whether or not you have the beverage package. This is the same information they see when they scan your cruise card. I've seen the screens - the bar staff showed me what came up when they either scanned my card or manually entered my portfolio number. I'm not concerned about them knowing this information. It is hardly "all of your personal information". Sheesh...

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

That’s was exactly what I thought too. Don’t take my word, find that information for yourselves. I was shocked too. And I should have said all servers that take the medallions because they all have your information in their hands. I didn’t believe it either until two crew members showed me with their own Medallion machines they were using at the time. Don’t blame the messenger, I am just relating how the Medallion is currently working. And for people that don’t believe this is possible, every piece of information you type on to Ocean Ready is on the Medallion screen. As I said I don’t mind if they have my name, they do not need DOB, address with zip and full legal name. With that information people can find banks in your home area off the net in your area and start taking shots at bank accounts, medical records basically every account we have. When you call pharmacy or Doctors office or evening the cruise line they ask for name, DOB and sometimes address. Please don’t hate the messenger, just be aware what is happening. If you call Princess they will say “No” we don’t do that, then ask them what information do the servers have and they will give you some numbing jumbo like it’s how we celebrate Birthdays, canned response. All I say is order something from the same bar staff and get to know them, then ask them when they tap your medallion and have them show you, your information is there. Don’t believe me, that’s fine. When you get “Ocean Ready” you are typing in all your personal information for Medallion use. We are cruisers here and a change of information is good, we hold the Companies responsible by our vote (dollars).  If someone would have said a super cruise liner would sink in the 21st I would have called them nuts but it happened. Hit a rock and sunk and people died, that was a Carnival company ship, Costa Concordia. Have fun sailing but sail safe. Peace

We are scheduled to leave 2/5/20 on Crown Princess. We have our medallions, and until yesterday, were ocean ready. Now our ‘travel documents’ show the orange exclamation point even though in the personalizer on the pc shows complete. Anyone else having this problem?

It was funny boarding today, I think DW & I were the only one's not carrying printed boarding passes, just out Passports & out Medallions.  At one point one of the checkers said, do you have ... , oh, you have a Medallion - go ahead.  It clearly states that all you need is your Medallion & Passport, or, the Ocean Ready Pass on the App & Passport.  Yet people complain about Princess wasting paper 🙂

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RNCheryl said:

If we are not interested in the Medallion, can we opt for a regular 
"card" that will open our door, get drinks, etc.

Simply go to the Passenger Services Desk and request a card. They will accommodate you.

New to Princess and the Medallion. We are sailing the Ruby Princess in May. How do I know which pieces are needed to order for the medallion? It gives an option for bracelet, clip, lanyard insert, pendant and sports band?