A few suite perk questions

schmenge

We will be on Regal this Spring. Celebrity on the last few cruises, and first time back to Princess after a long-time away. We are trying an Owner's PH suite, and have a few quick questions please:

1.) I understand that opening night offers complimentary specialty dining. How do I make a reservation for that first night?

2.) Which dining room is Club Dining in? Is it possible to request the same table and waiter?

3.) Is it true that we can order an upgraded breakfast in our room? How is that done?

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, schmenge said:

We will be on Regal this Spring. Celebrity on the last few cruises, and first time back to Princess after a long-time away. We are trying an Owner's PH suite, and have a few quick questions please:

1.) I understand that opening night offers complimentary specialty dining. How do I make a reservation for that first night?  

2.) Which dining room is Club Dining in? Is it possible to request the same table and waiter?

3.) Is it true that we can order an upgraded breakfast in our room? How is that done?

Thank you.

1)  Just call the dine line when you board.  You can not make reservations ahead of time for the comp dinner.  I never had a problem getting a reservation for the time and place I want.  Specialty dining is not very crowded the first night.

2) do not remember which dining room.  I requested the same waiter and table each night from the hostess.  Only one night it was not available.

3)  Just call room service.  They seem to know you are in a suite.  Had a wonderful breakfast most days in our suite.  There is also suite breakfast in Sabatini's.

Agree that you can easily have the same table/wait staff each night.

We just sat in the one we wanted as you can just walk into the club class area without waiting .

We also had no trouble calling to make a specialty reservation the day we got on board.

I enjoyed breakfast in Sabatini's which is one of the suite perks.

You can also order what you like from room service.

When I sailed in Feb; the steak house was slammed the first night; so  you may want to pick another specialty place to eat.  It may just have been my cruise;  but I almost had to wait until 9pm to eat dinner; then they host told me there was a canx; and they put us in at 6:30pm

If your desired time is not available in your preferred  specialty restaurant, you can ask for a different night.

I have experienced Club Dining on two different cruises.  For my party of six, we were able to get the same table and service in Club Dining.  When were a party of two we were not able to reserve a particular table/time.  They attempted to accommodate us in the same general area, but you can ask. It might depend on your dining time.  If you dine when they first open, you should not have a problem.  You can always ask.  (We were on the Emerald).  We really enjoyed the Club Dining experience that is included with the suite bookings.

enjoy your cruise.

I will add one thing to the quite complete answers that have already been provided.  Since it is a Royal-class ship, suite passengers on the Regal Princess will have access to the very nice Suite Concierge Lounge.  There should be note in your cabin explaining the location of the Concierge Lounge and how you can enter it.  The concierge, who is on duty, pretty much, during the daylight hours, can assist with all kinds of questions--including dinner reservations.  We used him to arrange most of our dinner reservations, including our complimentary dinner, which, as others have indicated, we arranged to have on the first sea day.

We also took advantage of using the concierge to make our reservations the first afternoon after I could not get through on the Dine Line when we had a suite on the Royal. In Club Class, they try to seat you with the same waiter's section. But we moved back and forth a few times when we arranged ahead of time to dine with others. I noticed some people had the same table each night.

7 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Even better than breakfast...you can ask your steward for the MDR menus and order breakfast, lunch (when MDRs are open) or dinner from the MDR menus.

9 hours ago,  schmenge said: 

Why would anyone give up going to Suite breakfast to eat in their suite?  You may order any hot entree ... as long as the MDR is open.  It's worth getting up and out to Sabatini's for breakfast every morning!

• Like 1

I remember years ago we had the suite breakfast at Sabatini's but don't see that specifically now under suite perks  -- but it appears this could be the same thing?   Complimentary Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast (daily)*

Also, what is in the concierge lounge?  A cappuccino machine would be great!

9 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

I remember years ago we had the suite breakfast at Sabatini's but don't see that specifically now under suite perks  -- but it appears this could be the same thing?   Complimentary Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast (daily)*

Also, what is in the concierge lounge?  A cappuccino machine would be great!

Suite bkfst just renamed to Mimosa.

Concierge lounge is for suite passengers only and it's only on the Royal class ships.

5 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Suite bkfst just renamed to Mimosa.

Concierge lounge is for suite passengers only and it's only on the Royal class ships.

What is in the concierge lounge besides a person to help with reservations?   

20 hours ago, schmenge said:

The suite room service card is different than the regular room service card, and has an expanded menu.  

Another great perk is you can have full room service breakfast delivered to your room on disembarkation day. 

suite room service card.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

What is in the concierge lounge besides a person to help with reservations?   

There are seats and two TV sets.  There is a selection of books and games.  There is a coffee machine that makes a variety of coffee drinks.  There are snacks that vary with the time of day such as pastries and fruit juices in the morning, to small sandwiches, cheeses, crackers later in the day.

You definitely want to utilize the concierge lounge. On the Regal it is located on the Riveria deck (deck 14) aft midships. It is in the area of the R6?? suites. Do not worry about calling the dine line or going to the restaurant about reservations. After boarding go straight to the concierge lounge and ask them to make any reservations that you want. All of the specialty dining is crowded on that night and they will make your reservation for another night. They seem to have the correct contacts to get almost anything you need. They can check on excursions and also have personal information on what to see and how to use local transportation in all of the ports. As others have said they have pastries, fruit and coffee and juices in the morning and sandwiches and cookies in the afternoon. For us it will become another of the best suite perks.

1 hour ago, Talisi said:

You definitely want to utilize the concierge lounge. On the Regal it is located on the Riveria deck (deck 14) aft midships. It is in the area of the R6?? suites. Do not worry about calling the dine line or going to the restaurant about reservations. After boarding go straight to the concierge lounge and ask them to make any reservations that you want. All of the specialty dining is crowded on that night and they will make your reservation for another night. They seem to have the correct contacts to get almost anything you need. They can check on excursions and also have personal information on what to see and how to use local transportation in all of the ports. As others have said they have pastries, fruit and coffee and juices in the morning and sandwiches and cookies in the afternoon. For us it will become another of the best suite perks.

And Print Airline Boarding Passes!

Safe Journeys, Paul

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

9 hours ago,  schmenge said: 

Why would anyone give up going to Suite breakfast to eat in their suite?  You may order any hot entree ... as long as the MDR is open.  It's worth getting up and out to Sabatini's for breakfast every morning!

Because you have to get dressed.  I love sitting out on my balcony in my robe enjoying the food.  Different strokes! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, suekel said:

Because you have to get dressed.  I love sitting out on my balcony in my robe enjoying the food.  Different strokes! 

Fully agree.  If you are not in a suite you have to pay for a full balcony breakfast.

4 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

Excellent!   Thanks.   Do they do that if we need express walk-off with all our stuff?  I don't think we've ever done that on Princess--just other lines. 

No, the first off are the "express walk off's" carrying 100% of their own luggage.  Suite pax generally go off within about 15 minutes though.  It's basically gated by the time it takes them to get the suite luggage organized in the arrivals hall.  We've been let of just as the stevedores were placing the last bags into the suite luggage area.  Usually (in San Francisco & Los Angeles anyway) they put the suite holder luggage at the very end of the hall as close to customs as possible.