VERY SAD NEWS....Heavy Heart

hcat

On 11/30/2019 at 10:09 AM, TeeRick said:

Dear Carrie.  God Bless You and your family.  Thank you for your post in this very difficult time.  We as a community are grieving and you have helped us tremendously by posting here.  Please let us know if there is any type of acknowledgement, charity, favorite cause or anything that we can do or contribute in your mother's memory.  

In her obituary they said in lieu of flowers people could make donations in her name to the Hinesburg VT food-shelf. I'm sure that a donation to your local food-shelf would be in keeping with that spirit.

Carrie,

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Marilyn was one of the posters who kept me coming back to this forum to dream about someday taking a cruise. Her joy and sense of community will be sorely missed. 

• Like 1

So very, very sorry to read this news.  😭 Marilyn promptly responded to my email questions regarding the Flower Power cruise, and encouraged us to sign up for it.  I was sailing on the Eclipse when the FP2020 bookings opened at 9am EST.  At 6am, I was logged on (in the I-lounge) and ready to book, but it was already sold out.  I wrote to her then, and we were both disappointed, but said "hopefully we'll sail together one day!".  She was very caring and informed.  My deepest condolences to her family and friends.

• Like 1

The Memorial for Marilyn  Vtcruiser is scheduled for tom in Vermont.

Hope all will think good thoughts or  say a prayer for her and her family!

She is missed by  many!🦋

Edited by hcat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, hcat said:

The Memorial for Marilyn  Vtcruiser is scheduled for tom in Vermont.

Hope all will think good thoughts or  say a prayer for her and her family!

She is missed by  many!🦋

Was thinking about her today and said a little prayer for her family. Unlike you I never met Vtcruiser but we shared so many memories and posts re the Edge before and after we sailed on Edge that I saw her as my friend. So many fond memories of the build up to Edge leaving France and that Polar Bear, horse etc … ha ha. I remember her wanting to find out about my balcony issues re noise and her posting when we got home as she had missed us

I genuinely shed many tears last week when I heard the sad news. Was so shocked. Such is the good thing about CC … we make many friends across the waves , many who we consider as friends...…… a proper community.

I still feel a great loss ---- I want to post about Edge and get a reply from her …..

Just so sad --- she will always be missed by us Prestos and her family forever in our thoughts.

When we return to Edge we will raise a glass and stoke Mr Edge for her...………..

Prayers and thoughts go her family == hope they get these across 'the pond '...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today was vtcruising’s service and I thought about her all day.  We did sail with her twice and she was truly one of the kindest woman one could meet.  I was emptying out received mail from one of my email accounts today and found one from Marilyn and just cried.  

She was a Celebrity lover but in person so much more than that.

Katie

Edited by Oville
  • Like 2

Actually, never met in person but had a very nice e mail correspondence...and looked forward to cruising together on APEX..not meant to be.

So sad when the reply to my early have a good Thanksgiving e mail was from her son with the sad news! 

A Special Lady who will be missed by many!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in tears reading this.  It's just so hard to believe that such a vibrant person could be gone so suddenly.  When I was planning my Edge cruise that I had booked 2 years out, I read everything that Marilyn posted.  She was an incredible resource for all things Edge and made me fell like I knew her personally. 

That cruise was this past March so I haven't been following the Celebrity Board as often.  I just went on today to check her sticky about the Edge cabins and saw a post that said something to the effect that we should carry on posting cabin info even though vtcruising is no longer with us- WHAT?  I had to do a search to find this.

To Marilyn's family - I imagine she was an amazing person and am so sorry for your loss.

I never had the privilege of meeting Marilyn, but her posts were what made me love reading this forum. She seemed like such a sweet person, and I am sorry for her family’s loss.

So...I had a goosebump moment I wanted to share. We booked a Concierge Guarantee for an upcoming Edge sailing. When we got our cabin assignment yesterday, it turned out to be 12136...the cabin that Marilyn sailed in and reviewed here.

I will be having a Golden Margarita and toasting @vtcruising when we sail on the Edge in “her cabin” next month. Cheers to a life well lived!

• Like 4

Whatever your choice of beverage,  I hope  all Cruise Critic  members raise a glass in memory of Vt cruiser in 2020. 

Many of us  were looking forward to sailing  with her and Henry this year. So sad....

Edited by hcat
  • Like 5

I am just reading this today :(. I don't frequent the boards that often, but I did follow Marilyn's posts leading up to our Edge sailing in September. She was a wealth of information and will be sorely missed by her family as well as all of us on here. I feel sad she didn't get to experience Apex as I knew she would come back here to answer all of our questions. Rest in peace Marilyn!!

43 minutes ago, hcat said:

Whatever your choice of beverage,  I hope  all Cruise Critic  members raise a glass in memory of Vt cruiser in 2020. 

Many of us  were looking forward to sailing  with her and Henry this year. So sad....

Her drink of choice sounds good now that I know what it is! 🙂 I simply did not know as I had never heard of it before.

33 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Her drink of choice sounds good now that I know what it is! 🙂 I simply did not know as I had never heard of it before.

I can’t be certain it was always her cocktail of choice, but it’s the drink she asked me to have for her when I boarded Edge for the first transatlantic last April. She would have loved to have gone on the TA, but she couldn’t take that much time off from work.  I toasted her at sail away, and several more times throughout that cruise. I’ll continue the tradition when I board Edge again in May, as I sip a Golden Margarita while patting Mr. Edge🌺

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Can someone please explain the difference between a margarita and a golden margarita? The only thing I have heard “Golden” used in relation to liquid is (I hope) definitively NOT what it refers to...

Golden margarita had OJ in it as well as lime and Gran Mariner (sp)... the orange liquor. At least that’s they way I’ve had them. Very delicious. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I can’t be certain it was always her cocktail of choice, but it’s the drink she asked me to have for her when I boarded Edge for the first transatlantic last April. She would have loved to have gone on the TA, but she couldn’t take that much time off from work.  I toasted her at sail away, and several more times throughout that cruise. I’ll continue the tradition when I board Edge again in May, as I sip a Golden Margarita while patting Mr. Edge🌺

Michelle, will you be with us on the Apex in November to toast Marilyn?  Jeff and I were lucky enough to meet her twice and she became a special friend, probably one of the most upbeat and kind person we’ve met and the three of us became email buddies.  Katie

Edited by Oville

19 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Golden margarita had OJ in it as well as lime and Gran Mariner (sp)... the orange liquor. At least that’s they way I’ve had them. Very delicious. 

There was no OJ in the ones I’ve had, and it’s not in the recipes I’ve seen, but some bartenders like to add their own signature ingredients. Your version sounds tasty😊

13 minutes ago, Oville said:

Michelle, will you be with us on the Apex in November to toast Marilyn?  Jeff and I were lucky enough to meet her twice and she became a special friend, probably one of the most upbeat and kind person we’ve met and the three of us became email buddies.  Katie

I hope so, Katie. We’re having some schedule issues that we hope to resolve. We’ve really been looking forward to meeting you, Jeff, hcat and Sal. I’ll keep you posted. Michelle 

18 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I hope so, Katie. We’re having some schedule issues that we hope to resolve. We’ve really been looking forward to meeting you, Jeff, hcat and Sal. I’ll keep you posted. Michelle 

Hope so....we are still on board.. & booked  a pre cruise hotel