Anthem of the Seas - what's your favorite embarkation day lunch spot?

16 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

Sailing on the Anthem for the first time next year. I'm familiar with the various options, just curious which is your favorite and why? 

Cafe 270. The Kummelwack sandwich and soup for me. Dh has something else.  Easy to find. Boarding you're on deck 5, turn aft and keep walking.  Food opens shortly after we board.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

Sailing on the Anthem for the first time next year. I'm familiar with the various options, just curious which is your favorite and why? 

As others have said, Cafe 270 has been my embarkation day "go to" on the past few Anthem cruises.

Lunch is good, plus no buffet crowd or elevator problems.
Also, Sorrento's pizza is one of my favorite.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

Does this famed roast beef sandwich come with au jus?

There is a gravy.  Not sure I would call it au jus, as it is thicker than au jus.  Also available is horseradish sauce and mustard.  Was quite surprised at how many people asked for mustard...definitely not what I would put on roast beef, but to each his own!        

Can't say we have a favorite yet since we've only sailed once but we ate at Cafe 270, mostly because we stumbled across it after embarking (as mentioned turn aft and keep walking). As with most embarkations when you find a seat there may be dishes still on the table but they did a good job of keeping up with it.

• Like 1

Anthem was my first cruise.

Embarkation day - We got into the general area really early (7 AM) and had breakfast at Hot and Toasty Bagels off Avenue C.  Had a pork roll egg and cheese (Jersey favorite) on a sesame bagel.  Keeps you full till lunchtime.  They also have breakfast platters. Pancakes, muffins, etc.  Don't have a big breakfast.  Keep it lite.

Cape Liberty was close by and we had no delays driving in.  We went to the park to hang out and took pictures in front of the ship and with the 9/11 monument.  There were some people fishing off the shore.  I forgot to bring my telescopic fishing pole!

After we got our pictures, we parked and made our way to the ship to check in.

Once on board the ship we headed to 270.  Was a short line and we weren't that hungry, so we explored the ship and later went to the Windjammer.  I made a lite cold cut sandwich and had some fruit.  We were kinda dehydrated.

Later found the hotdog place and had a hotdog before we got our luggage.

By not being ravenous, we controlled our destiny.

Edited by BillHoo

We usually go to Jamie's Italian after we board, although it is a pay option lunch is often times quiet since not many people are in there and they are more than happy to make you try many things from the menu. They constantly asked us if we would like more food or to try some other dish.

3 hours ago, Homelines1977 said:

We usually go to Jamie's Italian after we board, although it is a pay option lunch is often times quiet since not many people are in there and they are more than happy to make you try many things from the menu. They constantly asked us if we would like more food or to try some other dish.

I was a Key guest and they sent us to Jamie's. It was the same lunch as Chops, so I wonder if that menu is what they serve to paying non-key guests, too.

• 2 weeks later...

We also go to Jamie Oliver's you can sit in the restaurant and watch the crowds of people stream by while you have a nice relaxing lunch.  Great way to start a vacation for only $25 each if you book prior to cruise on cruise planner.  By the time you are finished eating the rooms are open.