If you actually enjoy reading people’s NCL complaints

tallnthensome

I would never make fun of someone's "misfortunes."  But if you classify a cruise as "terrible" you better convince readers to agree with you.  Clearly there are many reasons for a cruise to be terrible.  But a list of petty complaints are not some of them.

I actually was not thrilled on my first cruise on the NCL Jewel.  It was not until my second cruise where my expectations got adjusted.  A cruise is a traveling vacation.  That means there are chances for bad weather, changed routes, missed ports, and delays.  You cant let any of that impact your cruise.

Remember the NCL Sun "construction cruise" through the Panama canal.  1/3 of the ship's venues were under construction.  The noise and the lack of construction free zones definitely would make for a terrible cruise.  And after NCL took a beating here on CC, they refunded or gave substantial credit for a future cruise.  Now THAT would classify as a bad cruise.

• Like 2

When started reading cc I thought there was something wrong with me that I didn’t really mind the various issues that would pop up from time to time.  I was on the Epic maiden voyage in a studio as a solo, and the room was an icebox - after my second complaint they moved me to a balcony!  Made my cruise so much better!  There’s been stuff from time to time but like others say, stuff happens, not the end of the world.  I’ve looked forward to my cruises for a long time and I intend to fully enjoy them.  There’s probably been an issue/annoyance on each - last one the replacement butler (regular one left a few days before the end) routinely delivered ice cold dinners.  Night 1 tepid, night 2 ice cold, and then the cruise was over.  Oh well....great cruise anyway.  If it was that big a deal I would have addressed it.

Well I enjoy the complaints and find them more interesting than the repeat photos of drinks and menus and daily newspapers.

I think we have enough photos from the new Encore given three good recent posts.

I feel many posters use this forum to document their personal trip for free rather than using FB or their own email.  

• Like 2

I remember a couple on our Med cruise on the Spirit a couple of years ago who were incensed they couldn't go see the David in Florence.  It was 100% NCL's fault.  I tried explaining nicely to them that we were in port on a Monday and the research I did pre-cruise let me know that it's closed on Monday.  Nope.  They didn't buy it.  And they waited until they were on board to book excursions.  SMDH.

My favorites are the people who do no research, read nothing and then assume the policies and inclusions will be just like their past cruise on a different cruise line. Then they get angry when they are different. Aarrggh!

Edited by Zippeedee
Grammar
  • Like 1

My first cruise, on carnival, was an eye opener...I saw people in the buffet having busboys get their manager so they could complain about the soup.   Good grief.  

Pretty much every cruise I've seen customers from the good ole USA showing their lack of manners to staff. The customer service desk is especially atrocious, many customers really struggle communicating without escalating volume. 

Another aspect some cruisers struggle with is walking against the foot traffic grain and expecting folks to just dodge them. after countless near misses ive adjusted my behavior.  I'm 6'2" 220 lbs and i just brace for impact now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

The FBI one was one of my favorites.

Wasn't there one recently ( month or so ago) that the pax was  going to contact the Coast Guard because they felt the ship wasn't safe because of some engine issue??

Just laughed at that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Wasn't there one recently ( month or so ago) that the pax was  going to contact the Coast Guard because they felt the ship wasn't safe because of some engine issue??

Just laughed at that.

Yes, I did wish him luck with that...wonder if he ever got the CG to check the Star out... Can't believe what some ppl think they can do. 🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Just laughed at that.

Yea, I remember reading that in the forums that day just shaking my head. People can be totally ridiculous .

The ones that I find entertaining are from people who come over here and state “I want to try NCL (or any other cruise line for that matter) but read (fill in some crazy review) and they say they’ll never cruise (fill in the cruise line), again.

Wanna chuckle?  Go over to RCCL boards and read about the Diamond status cruisers who are going apoplectic about Royal allowing more “plebeian” cruisers are invading their perks by buying “The Key”.  Entitlement at its finest.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

We went on the Epic on the first cruise after it's transatlantic return one year. Of course, we had to wait hours to board due to crew members having to clear Customs and the ship having to be inspected. It was hot outside and it genuinely sucked. Norwegian had people passing out water to the waiting passengers. It's all they could do. There was a Woman complaining loudly that her lawyer would be hearing about this. My Father used to say, some people would complain if you hung them with a gold rope.

On a wonderful Silversea Baltic cruise, there was this older couple - she was very nice, he was Mr Grumpy all the time. Once we were seated at a nearby table from them, he was yelling at the poor waiter because OMG, he had the nerve to ask them if he wanted some more wine, so "Leave us in peace"! I was really feeling it for the waiter (service was stellar throughout the cruise) who stoically and silently endured him.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:06 AM, 4774Papa said:

Some of the complaints people post on these boards are so petty, why do they waste their time?

We have done 20 cruises (Ocean) as well as 4 River Cruises and never had a bad cruise.  Yes, we have had a couple of times that we had to send an entre back and order another one, but even then the issue was resolved quickly, no big deal.  One entre that I sent back was on NCL and it was Turkey Lasagna.  It was awful.  My wife makes a lot of dishes at home with ground turkey meat instead of beef and it always turns out great, but not this one.  Still, the waiter expedited my replacement and the new dinner was great.  

To me the complaints about people having sewage back up in their cabin or a broken pipe, or even someone next door smoking on the balcony is something that can really put a damper on a vacation.

Never had a bad cruise either. Been on close to 15. Are there some things that don't quite work out? Sure. But not enough to ruin my cruise.

• Like 1

My wife and I spent a week in St. Maarten for our honeymoon 31 years ago.  The weather was in low 80's and sunny the whole week we were there, except the night we went to a romantic restaurant on the French side.  That evening, it poured for about 15 minutes while we were eating.  We came out and found that the seats in our Suzuki Samarai were drenched.  I was so mad when the restaurant would not refund the entire cost of our meal and the St. Maarten Tourism Council would not refund the rest of our trip costs!!!

🤣

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

My wife and I spent a week in St. Maarten for our honeymoon 31 years ago.  The weather was in low 80's and sunny the whole week we were there, except the night we went to a romantic restaurant on the French side.  That evening, it poured for about 15 minutes while we were eating.  We came out and found that the seats in our Suzuki Samarai were drenched.  I was so mad when the restaurant would not refund the entire cost of our meal and the St. Maarten Tourism Council would not refund the rest of our trip costs!!!

🤣

Now that's funny !!!

I often wondered if people actually read what they wrote before they hit send and send it out for the world to see? And if they actually do read it and then still send it out.... WOW.

Now legitimate complaints are fair game, but writing because it was too sunny, or the water was too wet, someone needs to a grip on reality and what real problems are.

I have learned one thing though "THEY WALK AMONG US !!!"

• Like 1