Fires around Sydney

jhenry1

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

My grass is 2 foot high, got lions and tigers creeping through it, waiting for my mower man.😟

Still on Level 4 water restrictions here - NSW Far South Coast (Eurobodalla)

Ours too Les, we came back from a week away to a jungle!

I am taking daughter and 3 grandsons up to Surfers on Sunday,  so Andy is going to tackle the grass😮

Amazing how Sir Walter comes back haha!!

We are still on Level 4 too.

7 hours ago, possum52 said:

The time difference between the photos is 2 - 3 months. The first two photos - one taken on December 1st and the other last weekend. The second two photos -  one taken November 19th and the other February 15th. Both lots of photos were taken in south east Queensland.

Leigh

I have my suspicions that the last two photos have been photoshopped a little - the first to accentuate the brownness, the second to accentuate the greenness. The giveaway is the colour of the trees in the background which look like eucalypts. They don't go brown in dry conditions, and also are never that bright a green. New growth is greener than older leaves but older leaves would not green up like that. Still, it was lovely to see the lush grass growth compared to the dry earth.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

My grass is 2 foot high, got lions and tigers creeping through it, waiting for my mower man.😟

Still on Level 4 water restrictions here - NSW Far South Coast (Eurobodalla)

We had employ a mower man a few months ago thinking that with summer coming we would only need him once a fortnight to start with and then every three weeks during January and February and he is still coming every 2 weeks but really could be coming every week. Our lawn/grass won’t stop growing! 

Leigh

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

My brown space (used to have grass) at the back yard has a green tinge, pretty sure they are just weeds.

So long as they're green weeds. OK?

Edited by lyndarra

Great news.

The Orroral Valley fire has officially been put out.

The ACT Emergency Services Agency says the fire, which spanned more than 80,000 hectares and saw the ACT enter a state of emergency, is no longer being patrolled.

The Special Intelligence Gathering (SIG) helicopter conducted aerial surveillance of the fire ground yesterday and found no active fire.

The fire stands as the territory's worst ever environmental disaster, having destroyed 80 per cent of Namadgi National Park.

• Like 3

We were down at  Merimbula this week for a few days, town ok but burnt up on the hills towards Bombala etc.  Plenty of visitors in the area spending a dollar, mostly Victorians as it is a favourite for them.

Sevens Seas Navigator was in Eden Thursday, went and had a look, only 400 pax on board, mostly Americans at  $1000 per day pp it would want to be good, but most shorex and standard drinks included.   Queen Elizabeth - the ship not the Monarch 🤣 is due in Eden on March 10.  All contributes to the economy.  A few market stalls set up on the elongated Eden Wharf.

Plenty of green growth on the burned out trees around the South Coast.

32 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We were down at  Merimbula this week for a few days, town ok but burnt up on the hills towards Bombala etc.  Plenty of visitors in the area spending a dollar, mostly Victorians as it is a favourite for them.

Regent Sevens Seas Navigator was in Eden Thursday, went and had a look, only 400 pax on board, mostly Americans at  $1000 per day pp it would want to be good, but most shorex and standard drinks included.   Queen Elizabeth - the ship not the Monarch 🤣 is due in Eden on March 10.  All contributes to the economy.  A few market stalls set up on the elongated Eden Wharf.

Plenty of green growth on the burned out trees around the South Coast.   The ship in at Eden Port on Thursday.

87493377_3108634689169088_1277304083916521472_o.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2