Fires around Sydney

jhenry1

4 hours ago, Porky55 said:

MicCanberra - Any more rain yet?

We got 52mm (up to 9am) it mainly came after 2am this morning, the fire is still going but there is more rain forecast.😁

I had to help my son this am as his downpipes were blocked and his house was flooding. This is Australia.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We got 52mm (up to 9am) it mainly came after 2am this morning, the fire is still going but there is more rain forecast.😁

I had to help my son this am as his downpipes were blocked and his house was flooding. This is Australia.

Good to get the rain, but not the flooding Mic, hope there is no damage to your son's house.

Leigh

OK, rain has stopped here in Penrith for time being & I see it has been raining further south, causing flooding now 😞

It has sure been a wet start to Feb here as below. So 290.8mm, that's almost 11 1/2 inches in the old money.

Good news is that dam levels are rising. I couldn't get out of our suburb this morning so working from home. Only 1 out of 4 from our office was able to get to work today.

Take care all.

image.thumb.png.5374de7daeefc2ccd269ca5572dfd565.png

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

OMG--Mic. No way you have son old enough to have a house 😄

51 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I don't think there is any real damage (claimable anyway), he just needed his dad and dad's ladder.

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

That's good, we parents do come in handy sometimes!

Leigh

Hehe...I knew parents were good for something!

Dad's ladder is always in demand,  still love dad!

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I'm surprised you guys didn't cop more than that.  In the Illawarra, our dams are pretty much reaching capacity.

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/6622482/illawarra-dams-to-fill-and-possibly-overflow-after-weekend-deluge/?cs=12

It was pelting down pretty much all of yesterday and overnight here

Edited by plettza

3 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

OMG--Mic. No way you have son old enough to have a house 😄

Hehe...I knew parents were good for something!

Dad's ladder is always in demand,  still love dad!

My son is turning 30 this year and yes, I always help out whether he asks or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plettza said:

I'm surprised you guys didn't cop more than that.  In the Illawarra, our dams are pretty much reaching capacity.

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/6622482/illawarra-dams-to-fill-and-possibly-overflow-after-weekend-deluge/?cs=12

It was pelting down pretty much all of yesterday and overnight here

Most of it  fell between the mountains and the coast.

250mm down here on Far South Coast and some big seas.  My gutters and down pipes were clogged up with leaves and debris from the bush fires, spent a couple of hours up the ladder in the rain, like Mic.

At least the fires are just about extinguished.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Happy to read that the fires are almost out, it's been a long haul.

On a completely unrelated topic, we are supposed to be leaving for a 14 day cruise around the Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess. As it happens, there has been a noro outbreak on her that was bad enough that have cancelled the rest of the cruise and they are returning to Ft Lauderdale 5 days early.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2732148-caribbean-princess-22-sailing-gastrointestinal-virus/page/3/#comments

I now return you to the original topic 😁

Just off Ruby Princess this morning. 

Beautiful day in Sydney..... Staying the night in the Rocks then boarding Majestic tomorrow for  ride around to Melbourne. 

Stay away big seas, we just had our share on the Ruby😜

IMG_20200211_095314.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

If Windy.com is any guide we should be looking at seas under 2m all the way with a following wind. 😁

Yay thanks. 

Here is my view while having coffee  right now. 

Clouds are creeping over

IMG_20200211_110023.jpg

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

Happy to read that the fires are almost out, it's been a long haul.

On a completely unrelated topic, we are supposed to be leaving for a 14 day cruise around the Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess. As it happens, there has been a noro outbreak on her that was bad enough that have cancelled the rest of the cruise and they are returning to Ft Lauderdale 5 days early.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2732148-caribbean-princess-22-sailing-gastrointestinal-virus/page/3/#comments

I now return you to the original topic 😁

Goodness, must be some dirty non handwashers aboard spreading it around.