Swimsuit for Boarding?

SoFla_KJ

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

Now that we understand he’s not wrapping a true American flag around his waist to use as swim trunks and it’s only red white and blue in color, you probably could have asked if it was ok to wear swim trunks that represented one of the following countries or territories that have red white and blue (in various shades) in their flag:

Akrotiri American Samoa Ashmore and Cartier Islands  Australia Bermuda Bouvet Island British Indian Ocean Territory British Virgin Islands Cabo Verde Cambodia Chile Clipperton Island Cook Islands Coral Sea Islands  Costa Rica Croatia  Cuba Czechia Dhekelia Dominican Republic Falklands Faroe Islands Fuji France Guam Haiti Heard Island Iceland Jan Mayen North Korea Laos Liberia Luxembourg  Montserrat  Navassa Island Nepal Netherlands New Caledonia New Zealand Norway Panama Paraguay Pitcairn Island Puerto Rico Saint Barthélemy Saint Helena Saint Martin Samoa Serbia Sint Maarten Slovakia Slovenia South Georgia Island Svalbard Taiwan Thailand Turks and Caicos Island United Kingdom United States wake Island

Den

Sheldon?  Is this you?

Edited by Lady Chew
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

My only response is PLEASE make sure you are changed into dry clothes before Muster Drill - or do not sit on a plush seat if you must be in the pool until the last minute. It is a horrible feeling to be dressed for dinner or the evening and go into the theater (or other location where Muster is held) and sit down and discover upon sitting that some inconsiderate person sat there in a wet suit during Muster.

Has this happened to you?

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

My only response is PLEASE make sure you are changed into dry clothes before Muster Drill - or do not sit on a plush seat if you must be in the pool until the last minute. It is a horrible feeling to be dressed for dinner or the evening and go into the theater (or other location where Muster is held) and sit down and discover upon sitting that some inconsiderate person sat there in a wet suit during Muster.

Are you sure it was pool water?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Has this happened to you?

The last time we flew was the one that broke the camels back and one of the man6 reasons we avoid flying

My wife always gets the window and I have next.   This plane had window center and aisle.   There was a female already in the aisle seat when we boarded.   I sat down and after a few minutes I could feel that the seat was wet 😱.    I was now thinking the worse.  I said a few choice words out loud  about the seat being wet and that someone wetted themselves.   I called for the attendant and told her about the seat.   She said that the plane was full and all she could do was give me a blanket to sit on.  

The flight was very uncomfortable.   The women next to me was also way overweight, crowded into my seat, stunk, wheezed, coughed,  and  kept smacking her lips.  Then to top it off when we got off the plane she said to me that she set her coffee down on my seat and it spilled on it.   

I was furious and got into a rant about her being such a whatever.   I don’t know how she kept a straight face when I first sat down and realized that the seat was wet.

it is not enjoyable and very unpleasant to sit on a wet chair not knowing what caused it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, zitsky said:

You would have to be the one to ask.  Don't make it worse than it already is.  And stay out of the @#$% pool.

I wear my swimsuit when I board.  After I get a beer at the Mast Bar, the pool is my next stop.  Hopefully we can meet and have a drink on a future cruise.

OP: Just remind him that, in the excitement of boarding and getting into the pool asap, he need to remember to take his phone and wallet out of his shorts if he is going to jump in!

You might also suggest he tries on the shorts and gets them wet before the cruise. Some fabric when wet can be a bit...suggestive? Swimsuits shed water better.

Have fun!

Edited by mayleeman

I most of time wear board shorts/swimsuit when I board.  They look like reg shorts And I wear them or other pairs almost every day during the day while on board a Caribbean cruise.  Now I am going to look for red white and blu striped.  Most of mine are tropical or 2 toned They dry In Like 5 minutes after getting out of pool. Yes common courtesy not to sit in reg seating thru out ship if still wet.  The only thing I usually board with is my small pack that I carry  1 change of clothes and toiletries, so dropping off at the room is really not that important.  When my luggage shows up it shows up.  The only thing I do when I board is if needed go to spa and sign up for Persian gardens if I don’t have an aqua class room. Otherwise most of my cruises are on ships I been on multiple times.  Nothing to explore.  Time to relax drink and start the sun tanning.  

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The OP's boyfriend just wants to be First To The Fun 😉

Our first few cruises were on Carnival.   During the sail away the CD and assistants would be be giving out prizes for various reasons.   One was the first one to jump in the pool got a free drink.  Many jumped in fully clothed and while others were trying to strip down ASAP.   

Amazing what people would do for a free drink or that  ship on a stick trophy.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 minutes ago, miched said:

Our first few cruises were on Carnival.   During the sail away the CD and assistants would be be giving out prizes for various reasons.   One was the first one to jump in the pool got a free drink.  Many jumped in fully clothed and while others were trying to strip down ASAP.   

Amazing what people would do for a free drink or that  ship on a stick trophy.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Wow.. please don't give anyone at X  more bad ideas to copy!

10 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I wear my swimsuit when I board.  After I get a beer at the Mast Bar, the pool is my next stop.  Hopefully we can meet and have a drink on a future cruise.

Looking at your username, I bet it's more than one beer.  🙂

I have a pair of light REI shorts that would work as swim trunks.

While I would not like to see people boarding in colorful swimwear, here’s an alternative:

Quiksilver Amphibian shorts. Look like regular shorts but can be worn in the water.
https://www.quiksilver.com/rogue-surfwash-20"-amphibian-boardshorts-192504044427.html#cgid=men_boardshorts_amphibians&sz=48&start=48&start=71&hitcount=78

22 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I don't think board shorts are an improvement.  Still look like swim wear.  Are these polyester that dry quick or something else?

They are polyester and would dry quickly.