shareholder credit

yvr49

3 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

It used to be closer to sailing date, but I've had them apply 6 months out.

That would be easier than what we have to do in Australia. If we could apply well ahead, I could apply for a few cruises all at once, but as it is, I have to get the statement then apply for one cruise at a time. I feel the 'Goldilocks' syndrome applies - not too early and not too late. We have to be less than three months before the cruise, but more than 14 days.

The next cruises we have to apply for the credit are in April, July and November. Maybe when I apply for the April one, I will also include the two later cruises. If I get it, great. If not, I can apply later for those.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

To apply for the shareholders credit from Princess in Australia, our brokerage statement has to be no older than three months. From the above posts, it looks like that doesn't apply to Princess' head office.

It's not Princess that offers the Shareholder's Credit.  It comes from Carnival Corporation of which you are an owner.  Your company gives the Shareholder Benefit across all of its subsidiary cruise lines (including Princess.)  There is nothing in the announcement that states any time constraint other than you must file for it more than three weeks prior to sailing.

You can do it now, as long as your current brokerage statement is current.  See the Shareholder Benefit Announcement here.  Don't worry about it showing the expiration date of July 31.2020, I recently applied credits to a cruise in 2021.  

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

It's not Princess that offers the Shareholder's Credit.  It comes from Carnival Corporation of which you are an owner.  Your company gives the Shareholder Benefit across all of its subsidiary cruise lines (including Princess.)  There is nothing in the announcement that states any time constraint other than you must file for it more than three weeks prior to sailing.

You can do it now, as long as your current brokerage statement is current.  See the Shareholder Benefit Announcement here.  Don't worry about it showing the expiration date of July 31.2020, I recently applied credits to a cruise in 2021.  

Just the question I was going to ask!  The benefit form I have specifies July 31/20 but I will disregard that.  It would be nice if they would allow email.   I guess I will send it tomorrow by snail mail.   My fax machine has been broken for about 2 years and i haven't missed it - in fact the only thing I used it before then was to fax Carnival. lol!  

5 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Of course I realise the shareholders credit comes because of my shares in Carnival Corporation. However, in Australia we have to apply separately to P&O and to Princess or the other lines owned by Carnival Corporation. Our application to Princess has to be posted or faxed to their address, and the one to P&O has to be posted or emailed to P&O.

Like it or not, Princess Australia and P&O Australia require that the brokerage statement be no older than three months. On one occasion when I was speaking to a staff member at P&O regarding my shareholder's benefit, she told me she could apply it to my next cruise, but not the following one. I would have to wait another week before applying for that because it was beyond the three months.

17 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Like it or not, Princess Australia and P&O Australia require that the brokerage statement be no older than three months. On one occasion when I was speaking to a staff member at P&O regarding my shareholder's benefit, she told me she could apply it to my next cruise, but not the following one. I would have to wait another week before applying for that because it was beyond the three months.

Sorry that you have that problem.  It sounds to me that someone 'down under' is making up their own rules.  I guess you can either live with it or request clarification from Carnival Corp's Investor Relations Department.  Good luck with it!  Here's the contact info for Investor Relations:

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/investor-relations/contacts

17 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Sorry that you have that problem.  It sounds to me that someone 'down under' is making up their own rules.  I guess you can either live with it or request clarification from Carnival Corp's Investor Relations Department.  Good luck with it!  Here's the contact info for Investor Relations:

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/investor-relations/contacts

Thanks for your comment. It is probably simpler to just live with it. We have six cruises booked for this year (two already have the OBC applied). I have to watch the dates carefully so I don't miss applying in time.🙂

The situation confirms something I say regularly about Princess, that they are consistent in their inconsistency.🙂

• Like 2

13 hours ago, yvr49 said:

Just the question I was going to ask!  The benefit form I have specifies July 31/20 but I will disregard that.  It would be nice if they would allow email.   I guess I will send it tomorrow by snail mail.   My fax machine has been broken for about 2 years and i haven't missed it - in fact the only thing I used it before then was to fax Carnival. lol!  

faxzero.com works well

15 hours ago, yvr49 said:

Just the question I was going to ask!  The benefit form I have specifies July 31/20 but I will disregard that.  It would be nice if they would allow email.   I guess I will send it tomorrow by snail mail. 

Sent ours by snail mail right after making final payment and within ten days the credit showed up under the specific cruise's Payments and Credits tab - Enjoy your cruise. 

image.png.864fda16d178e68dab3aba91f949d0b3.png

15 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

You are correct.  Someone on these boards mentioned they will take them as far out as you have bookings so I had to call to find out why one of mine for our April cruise had dropped off and not been reapplied.  I sent in my confirmation with all my bookings through 2021 and still saw nothing had been added to my future sailings.  So, I called and they must have received the confirmation as the customer service rep down at corporate added them all on for me ... 5 bookings from now through 2021.  

PS ... I think my travel agent was playing around with my booking which is why it disappeared off that one for April.  

17 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I believe the change came about after people complained when Princess no longer allowed you to book excursions in advance and not have the charge show up until you were aboard the ship. As a compromise, they allowed you to use OBC for excursions only in advance.

1 minute ago, ontheweb said:

I believe the change came about after people complained when Princess no longer allowed you to book excursions in advance and not have the charge show up until you were aboard the ship. As a compromise, they allowed you to use OBC for excursions only in advance.

Does this mean that OBC cannot be used prior to boarding for specialty dining? I was going to make reservations for my son's 25th birthday dinner in June, but I might wait until we are onboard if I can't use my OBC. Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Does this mean that OBC cannot be used prior to boarding for specialty dining? I was going to make reservations for my son's 25th birthday dinner in June, but I might wait until we are onboard if I can't use my OBC. Thanks in advance.

Yes, I believe it does mean that. I'm sure if I am wrong someone will correct me.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I agree with that.  It really should not have changed since someone might sell the shares before sailing.  But many report getting it early.  I always wait until after final payment and then do it.  It doesn't take them long at all to apply it and within 90 days leaves plenty of time.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Correct.

• Thanks 1

My take away about Australia's accepting current brokerage statements no earlier than 3 months prior to sailing and not later than 14 days, may have to do with 1) personnel  in the office to oversee requests, 2)keeping within the guidelines that the stocks are still current; and 3) the Carnival corporation board votes to continue the benefit.