Live From the Sky Princess B2B January 25 - February 8, 2020

Woobstr112G

40 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

One quick question for those experienced b2b cruisers out there.  If you have the same cabin steward for both voyages, do you still tip (extra) at the end of each leg or at the end of the second voyage?

Bob

We tip as we go because sometimes the personnel may go home or be moved elsewhere .

• Like 5

From LIVE Sky now...

The Captain is the most personable Captain I've see.  He all over the ship from dining rooms to the buffet area.  He'll sit down and talk with someone for a minite or two, get a photo with him.  Don't miss the Captain's party it was not the normal boring event.

Ship's perfect, go 1 hour before the two major shows.  The door were closed 30 minutes before last nights show as all seats were filled. 

Have fun, 

framer

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, framer said:

From LIVE Sky now...

The Captain is the most personable Captain I've see.  He all over the ship from dining rooms to the buffet area.  He'll sit down and talk with someone for a minite or two, get a photo with him.  Don't miss the Captain's party it was not the normal boring event.

Ship's perfect, go 1 hour before the two major shows.  The door were closed 30 minutes before last nights show as all seats were filled. 

Have fun, 

framer

Thanks for the info.  Is it still Captain Tuvo?

Bob

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

916E0AF1-E3D3-4508-B76F-F230083B0369.thumb.jpeg.2787a267015a3deb20371e94127e5835.jpeg

Got our traveling companions ready to go.....😆😊😂

Bob

Bob, I'm glad the big day is finally here for you and Holli. I'm really looking forward to following along the next couple of weeks. Your traveling companions have to get a picture taken with Stanley the Bear when you get onboard the Sky Princess. Have fun!

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Good evening everyone from Ft. Lauderdale.  The flights to Dallas and then onto FFL were fairly uneventful.  I sure could tell the difference though from flying on an AB 321 on the first leg vs a 737-800 on the second leg.  This was our first time actually flying into Ft. Lauderdale to begin a cruise.  While we've disembarked a number of times, we have always flown out of Miami with the exception of one time out of FFL.  My only beef with FFL is their baggage claim areas need some serious upgrading.  We had a bit of a hike to our vehicle (car service).  The driver told me that car services have to park in the structure while Uber/Lyft and cabs can pick up/drop off in front of the terminal.  This is the exact opposite of recent changes made at LAX.

We checked into our hotel about an hour ago.  We are staying at the Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club.  We have a two room suite that is nice.  The bellboy told me the original property was built in 1959.  It seems to be a well maintained property but I can't really go exploring around the property at the moment due to the fact it is raining quite heavily.  I'll do some exploring and picture taking tomorrow.  

For tonight, we are just going to hang out in the room as Holli really needs the rest.  She was a real trooper getting ready to go in such a short time despite her back and shoulder issues.  But it did take a toll on her so I asked her to rest up tonight and part of tomorrow.  I want her feeling as good as can be for Saturday.

Well that's all for now.  Fire away with any questions you may have.

Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

Bob

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

Good evening everyone from Ft. Lauderdale.  The flights to Dallas and then onto FFL were fairly uneventful.  I sure could tell the difference though from flying on an AB 321 on the first leg vs a 737-800 on the second leg. 

😊😊

An Airbus 320/321 has a fuselage that is about 7” wider than that of a 737. Given 6 seats per row in economy, that’s an extra 1” of seat width for each seat, plus an extra inch for the aisle, so definitely a little bit more elbow room.

18 minutes ago, polmcs said:

An Airbus 320/321 has a fuselage that is about 7” wider than that of a 737. Given 6 seats per row in economy, that’s an extra 1” of seat width for each seat, plus an extra inch for the aisle, so definitely a little bit more elbow room.

Yup, I actually googled the specs for both planes.  We were in Business/First but it was still noticeable.....

Bob