Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

3 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

Normally true but on a transatlantic on Brilliance this last May, we had the 8pm late seating but for some reason, the nightly event was 5-8:30, so we had 30 minutes to order at dinner. It was nice not having to worry about getting that last minute glass of wine to take to dinner.

But does Royal want hundreds of Diamonds demanding drinks in that 20-30 minute window

• Like 1

2 hours ago, actuarian said:

The big difference is that the CC happy hour ends at 7:00 PM while the C&A happy hour ends at either 8:00 PM or 8:30 PM, depending on the ship.  Even though they never say it, I have always assumed that the reason you are not allowed to order CC HH drinks in the dining venues is that they do not want all of the CC Elite members scrambling to get dinner before 7:00 PM.  In any case, it would seem unfair to not allow people with the late dinner seating to order HH drinks with dinner if people with the early dinner seating could order them.

Celebrity's second seating is after the HH. I'm aware of the C&A HHs. We always have the CBP with Celebrity so drinks outside of the Sky Lounge and  beyond the CC HH is not an issue for us. We eat early and if we didn't have the CBP I'd leave the MDR and get our CC HH drinks at a nearby bar and bring them into the MDR to have with our meal. Win, win, win. We're glad RC allows us to order C&A HH drinks in the MDR. We like the similarities and differences between RC and Celebrity. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, jsg612 said:

Young woman!* 😄

But yes, I have recently changed my attitude to that of "none of your business!", and will certainly be curt when the unofficial DL police tells me off on the next cruise. 

Just tell them your dad is one of the officers on the ship.  Or works for C&A. 

Then asked them if they belong in there. And if they would like to remain in there.  

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Celebrity's second seating is after the HH. I'm aware of the C&A HHs. We always have the CBP with Celebrity so drinks outside of the Sky Lounge and  beyond the CC HH is not an issue for us. We eat early and if we didn't have the CBP I'd leave the MDR and get our CC HH drinks at a nearby bar and bring them into the MDR to have with our meal. Win, win, win. We're glad RC allows us to order C&A HH drinks in the MDR. We like the similarities and differences between RC and Celebrity. 

There are really a lot of acronyms in there. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

To not be able to enter the CL is disappointing.  I enjoy sitting in the morning with a coffee in a quiet setting.  There are very few people and the few that are there are doing the same I am doing during this time.  Sitting and relaxing.  Some knitting some reading, others just reflecting on the day.  To not allow D+ to enter when these venues in my opinion are under utilized for 21 hours a day .  If there was some way D+ were permitted to use the lounge during the non happy hour times would be a benefit that I would like.  They can have the lounge for the 3 or 3 1/2 hours for the cocktail hours which quit a few people here have said rarely attend.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Race Watcher said:

To not be able to enter the CL is disappointing.  I enjoy sitting in the morning with a coffee in a quiet setting.  There are very few people and the few that are there are doing the same I am doing during this time.  Sitting and relaxing.  Some knitting some reading, others just reflecting on the day.  To not allow D+ to enter when these venues in my opinion are under utilized for 21 hours a day .  If there was some way D+ were permitted to use the lounge during the non happy hour times would be a benefit that I would like.  They can have the lounge for the 3 or 3 1/2 hours for the cocktail hours which quit a few people here have said rarely attend.

Can you not sit and enjoy coffee in the Diamond Lounge?  Is it not a quiet setting?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blackshirt said:

Normally true but on a transatlantic on Brilliance this last May, we had the 8pm late seating but for some reason, the nightly event was 5-8:30, so we had 30 minutes to order at dinner. It was nice not having to worry about getting that last minute glass of wine to take to dinner.

If a glass of wine means that much to you with dinner, why not just buy it instead of worrying about that last minute Happy Hour drink. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jsg612 said:

Young woman!* 😄

But yes, I have recently changed my attitude to that of "none of your business!", and will certainly be curt when the unofficial DL police tells me off on the next cruise. 

Sorry and I stand corrected.  If we meet on a royal cruise, I'll buy you a drink.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Race Watcher said:

I understand what you are saying but then there are those D+ people that would somehow visit everyday right around 3:30pm and linger, and linger.  That forces the concierge to go around the room, check cards and kick people out as HH nears which is ugly for everyone involved.  

Guests who do belong have to endure "Show me your papers!"  to stay and the very sanctuary you describe is interrupted by the whining D+ guest arguing with the concierge why they should be allowed to stay, day after day after day.  What a miserable job that concierge would have.  

Partial access hours never work.  It's so much simpler to make it black and white.  You can or you can't.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

D+ not allowed in CL on Jewel. 

D lounge is whole of Vortex

No policing or checking of cards on the door -I’m sure a non D was in there yesterday as he tried to pay with his card and I couldn’t see a status on it....

Drinks served from table. Not using the central bar. 
Haven’t seen any frozen drinks yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, little britain said:

-I’m sure a non D was in there yesterday as he tried to pay with his card and I couldn’t see a status on it..... 

I can barely read the C&A level on my card....and I don't really need anyone not employed by RCI checking it out.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Selected term for a group of great posters who contributed to one of the funniest threads ever.

So it’s off topic in other threads??  I see it popping up from a few quite often in these threads. Never seems to be related to current topic. So what does the DS stand for (definition)?

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So it’s off topic in other threads??  I see it popping up from a few quite often in these threads. Never seems to be related to current topic. So what does the DS stand for (definition)?

It's not, it is a greeting to a fellow contributer to a fictional very humorous and light-hearted thread which is no longer active.

Diamond Superior.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

Just got off the Anthem of the Seas. Spent 22 days on her and I can tell you the Music Hall set up was perfect.  No complaints here and the bartender and servers were fantastic.  I am not sure why people are getting upset because both lounges serve the exact same thing.  The Pinnacles who were on board were going down to the Diamond Lounge because it was dead in the suite lounge.  Not sure why some folks are getting upset.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1