Ticket case ? .

Shippy

11 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Just received our cruise tickets for our upcoming Explorer cruise.

They were squashed in an envelope from our TA.

Does Regent no longer use a case or was ours snagged by our TA ?

There was a different kind of zippered case for our upcoming Splendor voyage.  Would actually prefer to receive just the final cruise doc (must have this to enter terminal) and bag tags a DC we don't need any more ticket cases/holders.

47 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Not intending to argue but in 500 nights on board I have never been asked for a ticket to enter a terminal anywhere. I don't bother with any of that stuff anymore - I scan the docs and put them on my phone and head out.

Sorry if I was not clear......it is really not about the tickets, which we got.

It is the principle of the thing.....what happened to the Regent case they were in ???

I was just checking to see if others are now getting their tickets this way.

36 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

They can pull up their copies - it isn't a ticket...just data.

It's actually "security" at the entry to the terminal that asks to see passport and booking confirmation.  Has happened the lady several times we sailed from NY as well as Miami.

2 hours ago, Shippy said:

They were squashed in an envelope from our TA.

Does Regent no longer use a case

Yes, Your cruise documents should have been delivered in a wallet

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Not intending to argue but in 500 nights on board I have never been asked for a ticket to enter a terminal anywhere.

Our experience differs. We have often been asked for sight of our cruise documents when entering cruise departure terminals. 

12 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Just like never been asked for a ticket to enter an airport.

From memory, security at Mumbai airport requires documentation to enter the terminal building

I believe on our last cruise we were asked to show our cruise documents to enter the terminal.  Caught me off guard and had to scramble to dig them out of the carryon.  

We have always received the wallet including as recently as Nov 2019 and like many others would be happy not to receive it as i don't use it.  Have been collecting them and now just have to figure out how to recycle them. 

Our 17 cruise documents from Regent have Always come in a nice pouch. I turn them in at Receptions on the ship; we have no longterm use for them.

I've been STOPPED (especially Miami) several times at the Terminal's Security prior to boarding area. Have cruise documents ( for both persons) readily available or you and possibly those behind get delayed entering.

Received our docs a few weeks ago in a grey case with the included grey luggage tags, plus all the usual stuff.  This was inside a grey non-woven bag with a pull-string closure.  We have quite a few of these and use them for our tablets when traveling.  My first one was brown- it is worn out and heading to the trash.

42 minutes ago, makai 7 said:

Received our docs a few weeks ago in a grey case with the included grey luggage tags, plus all the usual stuff.  This was inside a grey non-woven bag with a pull-string closure.  We have quite a few of these and use them for our tablets when traveling.  My first one was brown- it is worn out and heading to the trash.

Ditto

Loved the brown leathery looking ones....hate the grey ones. The last ones we got were the grey ones that came in the grey draw string pouches.

I think it's time to change them out as well. I almost feel guilty complaining about this...who complains about how their tickets arrive, other than maybe the ecological waste?!!

1 minute ago, Mudhen said:

Loved the brown leathery looking ones....hate the grey ones. The last ones we got were the grey ones that came in the grey draw string pouches.

I think it's time to change them out as well. I almost feel guilty complaining about this...who complains about how their tickets arrive, other than maybe the ecological waste?!!

If you mean light tan colored ones, yes, I liked them too.  That was some years ago.  And we've had "all of the above".  The pouches I have used for shoes.  And I have a drawer full of luggage tags and cases of various kinds.  I just gave a bunch away to Goodwill.

1 minute ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

If you mean light tan colored ones, yes, I liked them too.  That was some years ago.  And we've had "all of the above".  The pouches I have used for shoes.  And I have a drawer full of luggage tags and cases of various kinds.  I just gave a bunch away to Goodwill.

Giggling about the tan ones....that's going WAY back! We've got one of them too. My favorite was a chocolate brown, sort of pepplely one.

• Like 1

Just got ours, as usual in the grey wallet type folder with bag tags etc. Business as usual. In the past, our TA received them and sent them to us in a big envelope. This time, diff TA though, we received all directly from Regent. One way or another we got the full package as usual. 

Not sure what the TA would have wanted to do with the faux leather wallet, though. My guess is they wanted to save on postage and sent just the papers, rather than pay the additional postage for the full wallet. (just a guess).

13 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Gotcha...just has never happened to me. Just like never been asked for a ticket to enter an airport.

I have - quite often when travelling in Asia.   And when boarding at Ft Lauderdale we were asked by a security man at the entrance gate to show our cruise documents.  Did not have to do this at Miami - but that was a while ago.

Since this is our first RSSC, I would love to have such keepsake to commemorate our cruise!  Seems classy to me. Most other cruise lines, don't even send paperwork or luggage tags anymore-you have to print them all out yourself!

22 minutes ago, tnt10 said:

Since this is our first RSSC, I would love to have such keepsake to commemorate our cruise!  Seems classy to me. Most other cruise lines, don't even send paperwork or luggage tags anymore-you have to print them all out yourself!

If for some reason you don't get one just let me know and I'll be happy to send you one.