CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

6 hours ago, Farts said:

I would like to buy stock, but am holding out for now until I see how things go. 

Buying stock is like buying toilet paper when it goes on sale....price drop.  When a commodity goes on sale you BUY!!

Edited by HillBilly Bob
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Looking to purchase another 100 shares...  Keeping my eye on CCL's price.

you're a numbers man, I would wait until they get a hold of this virus. If this hits a Carnival ship, or spreads to other cruise lines, could get pretty low before it rises. Although if we knew, we would be all rich

• Like 2

3 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Fire sale prices today. But if the " green new deal" ever goes into effect then the prices may plunge even more, as I have never seen an electric cruise ship 😉

your avatar is perfect for this comment

• Like 1

Just now, coevan said:

you're a numbers man, I would wait until they get a hold of this virus. If this hits a Carnival ship, or spreads to other cruise lines, could get pretty low before it rises. Although if we knew, we would be all rich

Yeah... I've been chasing this stock down in price since mid July when I bought 100 shares for $45.  CCL has a lot of movement.  Bought 5 lots of 100 shares chasing the price down, and sold 4 of them to lower my cost basis.  Up over $900 between dividends and profits I took chasing the price down.  Add in the $750 Shareholder OBC I will receive over the next 2 years for my next 6 cruises I booked, and another $200 in dividends (if they hold at 50 cents) I would say this stock has been OK -- nearly a 50% return over 2 years.      

• Like 3

Providing that they do continue the OBC for stockholders.  The Diamond Princess is a part of the Carnival Corp. stock that we all own, lol.  Just wonder if it does take more of a beating if they will continue to re-issue the credit again for another year.  Hope they do since we have a couple of cruises already booked for next year 😉.

• Like 1

Time "IN" the market almost always beats time "ing" the market.  

And you shouldn't be buying CCL unless you cruise a lot and the benefit will justify doing what is typically not a smart thing.... Buying individual stocks.

If you aren't sailing Carnival a lot, then don't buy it.  And even then....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

It is only a concern if you intended to sell. Last year I received $400.00 obc plus the dividends. This year already $200.00 in OBC Jan and next month. More to come. I have no complaints at all. I just sent more money to my stock account to buy more. I will see tomorrow what will it be.  This time to buy low and sit on it till I get a nice profit. It will go up. Might be a year. That is fine with me. Might try Royal again now that they are doing the OBC same as Carnival.

Does RCCL or NCL pay dividends? I know I could google this but I appreciate the help. 

Edited by Farts

The market bears are chasing the price down based on news about the virus and speaking specifically about today the broader market plunged on the news that the virus was spreading in Italy. My feeling is if Carnival LLC reports improved earnings the stock price will rebound a bit. 

The company has sound management and a keen eye on expenses which coupled with a positive earnings posting will create an improved market price. Earnings are reported on March 24. Estimate is .441 per share, if it beats 51 cents, look for a nice bump on that.

• Like 3

This pandemic just started. Asia is lost already, Italy is probably going to end up taking out the Mediterranean as it spreads thru the region. That's going to be the next big drop in price, and probably where I'd buy if I planned to which I don't. If you do buy, plan on being in for the long haul.

The US is the big question mark, only 53 cases currently but how many unreported. Americans typically don't go to the doctor (or call off work) for flu or cold like symptoms. However, other than the screw up letting people fly back from the Princess cruise ship, monitoring where people are coming from is currently working really well. Another benefit of people not going to the doctor is "hot zones" aren't created.

Mexico and the Caribbean aren't reporting anything yet, but they will probably pretty closely mirror the US.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

IS this the end of the cruise industry? 

Is this the end of the airline industry?!

How much longer until they get grounded??

Neither will go totally bust...but there are major hiccups coming.

• Like 3

This may be a silly question.  I am thinking of buying some ccl stock.  Do I just buy it and when I am ready to cruise notify Carnival or do I have to fill out some forms or notify Carnival when I buy in order to get OBC. Thanks.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jimbri said:

This may be a silly question.  I am thinking of buying some ccl stock.  Do I just buy it and when I am ready to cruise notify Carnival or do I have to fill out some forms or notify Carnival when I buy in order to get OBC. Thanks.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f This shows where and how to submit.  I just bought a couple of weeks ago when the drop started.  I would have waited, but it says you need to submit 3 weeks before the cruise, and we sail in 2 weeks.  I simple took my buy order (which I did in my IRA), put my booking number and name on it, and "faxed it in".  I got a confirmation back a couple of days later that it was approved.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, jimbri said:

Official answer:

By fax to: 305-406-6102, or mail to the following address:

Carnival Cruise Lines
Attn: Guest Administration MSM2-200
3655 N.W. 87th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178

Unofficial answer:

Email GuestAdmin@carnival.com and include your booking number, ship and departure date.

On the copy from your broker, it's ok to blackout the account number. I usually include everything else. Needs to show 100 shares of ccl stock.

Here is the official copy of the shareholder benefit.

• Like 4

The stock is approximately at the same price as at the time of the Costa sinking and the Triumph poop cruise.  It was a good time to buy then (I did and still own some now painfully) and if you have a nice horizon, it could be a good time now if you have a strong stomach and patience.  This virus spread may not be done, particularly if Europe becomes a problem and cruises start getting cancelled. 

In March, Carnival announces earnings. While they did announce a potential hit to earnings (thus the drop in price), see if they say anything about the future of dividends and buybacks.  Note: Carnival did not do an annul dividend increase while RCL did. 

• Like 2