Live Blog Splendor 2/25

crusin7

5 hours ago, crusin7 said:

Tonight we had dinner in Chartreuse.   Service was very good. Some of the dishes we chose were not my favorites. I ordered an artichoke tart to start.   When our waiter brought it out he told me if I did not like it to order something else. He said most people didn’t like it.   I wish he would’ve said something before. I didn’t care for it and ordered the beet salad instead.  It was very good.

4F32D424-7E80-4C0D-9A24-227CA430F638.thumb.jpeg.31aa2f0493055625233358e530a5a444.jpeg

Chicken in a Morel Cream Sauce.  Jim loved it!

8B69B66C-612B-497B-A5E9-29988B4C134D.thumb.jpeg.da920c1c733a8315a58daca0d09f7344.jpeg

I think you are incredibly relaxed!!  The above looks like "entrecôte aux morilles" to me - i.e.beef!!  And absolutely delicious.  I love morilles.  (love them about as much as I hate beet root but I have to say your salad looked lovely)

You must be about to go through the Canal - and I hope take more photos for us all.

Gerry

Entering third lock at Gatun Locks

enhance

In the lock, halfway up

enhance

On the way out

enhance

Out of the locks and into Gatun Lake

enhance

I see lots of loungers on the balconies, but no people...  Where are you?

EM

7 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

Probably everyone is up forward - when we went through the Canal on the Mariner the Observation Lounge and decks outside it were jammed...

No seeing any on the forward observation deck or promenade.  Maybe after the first two locks, everyone headed inside to the a/c.  EM

44 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

We did the Canal a few times, just had lunch on are deck and enjoyed the view---for us after awhile we did other things on the ship.  Did we enjoy the locks yes-but after awhile........

Agree with you about the Panama Canal, the locks, etc.  They are super interesting but after a while our interest wanes.  We are happy to be going on Splendor (still wish that it were Explorer) .  

Enjoying the photos of food and drinks very much.  It will be interesting to compare Splendor to Explorer when we get onboard.  I already know one area that, in our opinion (husband and self) is far below what they have on Explorer but I won't get into it before we board Splendor on the 14th.

4 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Probably everyone is up forward - when we went through the Canal on the Mariner the Observation Lounge and decks outside it were jammed...

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

No seeing any on the forward observation deck or promenade. 

Unfortunately neither Splendor or Explorer has a forward outside deck 😕 (unlike the other Regent ships).

The only place to enjoy a forward view is from inside the Observation Lounge or from the balcony of the Regent Suite or a Grand Suite

Thanks for the webcam pictures, @Essiesmom

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

Unfortunately neither Splendor or Explorer has a forward outside deck 😕 (unlike the other Regent ships).

The only place to enjoy a forward view is from inside the Observation Lounge or from the balcony of the Regent Suite or a Grand Suite

Thanks for the webcam pictures, @Essiesmom

Plus the forward ship’s camera on channel 2 or 3 of your suite TV.  😃

Dave

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

So you are saying that neither of these areas above the bridge are accessible for observation?

enhance

enhance

if you have friends staying in a Grand Suite or the Regent Suite then you might have access. Otherwise not. I don’t think the very top deck is accessible for passengers. 

35 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

So you are saying that neither of these areas above the bridge are accessible for observation?

Correct ....... you either have to book one of the three suites that has a forward balcony .............  or make friends with the occupants 😉

We viewed the transit from our beautiful rear balcony.   Unfortunately the commentary was only heard on the 11th and 12th floors.   They did not broadcast into the suites because they did not want to disturb the guests!  You could not watch it on the TV.   The bridge Cam is not working. We were disappointed. We were lucky with the weather.  There was a great breeze and the humidity was not too bad.  We started about 9:00am and finished at 6:00pm (approximately)

EC7DEFF3-E174-4E7A-B5AC-6ACA38774BB4.thumb.jpeg.12f1138a157922563fc76b59e198ad87.jpeg

F6951EB6-8B44-4542-8635-974ACE71962C.thumb.jpeg.127fd83d8b959db8662801e93555daa9.jpeg

More lovely photos!   Last time we were in a Mariner PHA suite on the side of the ship.  We spent about 3 hours up on deck next to - but not in front of -the Observation lounge.  (Can't get in front of it...only on the side).  Then we retired to our balcony and Ken ordered "Lox in the Locks" for breakfast.  A group of us are planning to do the same thing on our cruise.    This time though we'll have a stern suite and I am looking forward to seeing the entire thing - backwards!!   What a shame about the TV though.  The commentary we had on the Mariner was outstanding.

I finally made it to the Meridian Lounge and had the spicy 🌶 Margarita.  Yummy it is delicious.  I am a Margarita snob.  It is A++!

93AFE65C-A013-49DF-976C-8C158A6B6020.thumb.jpeg.98a0f97d1fbdd7a38657f29802195840.jpeg

We all had the Lump Crab Salad Mimosa with White Sturgeon Caviar.  Mmmmmm

delectable!  It was a 10!

7E4F21D6-608F-4753-B41C-FF6FAEA049B5.thumb.jpeg.599ce55ac649dcd75b97d2c665744590.jpeg

We also had the always fabulous Miso Glazed Sea Bass....10!