RCL Stock

heidikay

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The way the RCCL stock is yo yoing........could have been buying and selling a few times lately and made alot of money.......Just can't pull the trigger, I'm still sitting on the sidelines..........

Hindsight investing is always sweet  😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Carnival, Norwegian cruise line and Royal Caribbean all jumped 18% - 25% todays as the Saudi's bought almost $400 million dollars of Carnival stock.  Good chance they won't lose money. 

The fact there are new investors doesn't change the risk of the outcome.

On 4/4/2020 at 7:00 PM, bigeck said:

Only thing about winning the lottery, can't go out to spend it and everywhere is closed

Buy a private Island is what comes to mind. It would need a fully stocked and functioning grocery store though, that delivers. 

Yup, you are right.  No easy way to spend it. 

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

.Stock at almost $40 again and rising..............hard to believe isn't it?

Patience !!!!     the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset

Getting some pop upwards due to huge investment in Carnival by some fund in Middle Eastern country.  Selling 8% of company shares.  RCL still has not addressed dividend and I think that will be a negative if they reduce or eliminate it.  I think they need to at a minimum reduce dividend asap to preserve CASH.  RCL has high fixed overhead costs and no revenue.  Guess they can generate some cash flow with deposits, but that is risky.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I disagree.  Buy this, have it shipped to your house (for free in a couple of days with Amazon Prime 😁) and hang it on your wall:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011390GZ0/?tag=readerwp-20

Only 1 left in stock so order soon!

5 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

Opec, i remember the car lines of the 70's to fill your tank. 

Opec is notorious for carefully controlling prices. 

Big difference between a supply limited commodity and a very optional vacation product.

Plus Disney and Virgin, among others, would be a good balance.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I disagree.  Buy this, have it shipped to your house (for free in a couple of days with Amazon Prime 😁) and hang it on your wall:

I think you may be over-estimating how large the stimulus checks will be 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

Getting some pop upwards due to huge investment in Carnival by some fund in Middle Eastern country.  Selling 8% of company shares.  RCL still has not addressed dividend and I think that will be a negative if they reduce or eliminate it.  I think they need to at a minimum reduce dividend asap to preserve CASH.  RCL has high fixed overhead costs and no revenue.  Guess they can generate some cash flow with deposits, but that is risky.

Market has already priced in elimination of dividend.   May sound perverse but stock will likely rise when they announce it.  Shows they are serious about conserving cash.    

CCL fits right in with Saudi sovereign wealth fund's other big investments Tesla and Uber.  Currently making no money and burning through cash.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I notice that the link you are providing has an Amazon affiliate ID added to it.  Shouldn't you be letting us know you're trying to make a profit here?

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Buy a private Island is what comes to mind. It would need a fully stocked and functioning grocery store though, that delivers. 

Amazon could deliver with drone or just let the interest build and buy a cruise ship at a knock down price. Might be a few available soon

3 hours ago, Wolf 8 said:

I notice that the link you are providing has an Amazon affiliate ID added to it.  Shouldn't you be letting us know you're trying to make a profit here?

That's what I get for cutting/pasting from a Google search result for "most expensive item on Amazon". If you decide to purchase the $1.25M Dracula poster, I WILL ask for a small finder's fee.

UBS sizes up the balance sheets of the cruise line operators after factoring in the latest cash-preservation moves by Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH +7.5%) and Royal Caribbean (RCL +12.5%), as well as the capital raise by Carnival (CCL +12.0%).

Analyst Robin Farley: "CCL's capital raise last week gives it the longest runway of liquidity to stay afloat in a zero-revenue scenario, at about 12-13 months with potential for another 2 months based on prolonged layups, and more beyond that (as we detail below.) That puts CCL further ahead of RCL, which we believe has ~10 months of liquidity in a zero-rev scenario, and NCLH which we believe has ~7-8 months of liquidity in such a scenario."

UBS has a 12-month Buy rating on Royal Caribbean and Neutral ratings on Carnival and Norwegian.

1 hour ago, irzero said:

At best i think you can hope for some kind of dry port where nobody is allowed on or off just supplies and the ship does an almost cruise to nowhere but still technically docks. There needs to be emergency removal of sick corona patients which means another logistical nightmare. 

Not sure who paid for the extra medical staff, but interesting what RCCL did with Apex (Apex was "delivered" from the shipyard to X last week and apparently had a pretty full crew on board):

According to the regional health agency, 217 cases have now been registered on Celebrity Apex, still berthed at Chantiers de l'Atlantique in Saint-Nazaire.

Four people have been taken to the hospital, and two are in intensive care. Some days ago, four doctors and five nurses arrived from the United States and have been on board to test all crew.

Edited by Biker19

6 hours ago, irzero said:

Whilst countries fear Covid19 ability to shut down entire economies they will never allow ships full of covid patients to dock and mass unload a few thousand potential bio hazards in to their port cities. 

At best i think you can hope for some kind of dry port where nobody is allowed on or off just supplies and the ship does an almost cruise to nowhere but still technically docks. There needs to be emergency removal of sick corona patients which means another logistical nightmare. 

No way do i think those current planned stops will ever be allowed until a vaccine is widespread. The cruise lines have not got the cash to last that out.

I think I would like to know how RCL would handle, mid sailing, the determination of multiple cases of active corona 19.  Absent some positive, direct plan to get them off ship, I would not sail.  They could have agreements with the various governments at the visited ports of call.  There still would be the issue of self quarantine based on exposure to anyone ID'd with corona 19, but do not want  to be subjected to even the possibility of floating around with no way to get off. Hey, it is suppose to be a vacation and not inclined to be worried at every thing I touch or person I meet.

Also, I think that many of the potential ports of call may be worst off with  still active cases each week.  This I believe will be for a long time. How many cases? Not sure, but I hope RCL survives and thrives, but it will not be with me as an investor right now and not sure even as a passenger in 2020 or early 2021.  Would like to get pass a whole calendar season.

21 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Market has already priced in elimination of dividend.   May sound perverse but stock will likely rise when they announce it.  Shows they are serious about conserving cash.    

CCL fits right in with Saudi sovereign wealth fund's other big investments Tesla and Uber.  Currently making no money and burning through cash.

CCL stock dropped from approx. 11 to 8 within 3 days of publicly  announcing elimination of dividend and it had been anticipated for weeks, even stressed by analysis to eliminate it as early as 2 weeks prior to company announcement. For sure there was other news too, so not sure how you can ID specific stock reaction to specific action taken with so much going on each day at these companies.

Hope you are right though.

Edited by shipshape sam

36 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

CCL stock dropped from approx. 11 to 8 within 3 days of publicly  announcing elimination of dividend and it had been anticipated for weeks, even stressed by analysis to eliminate it as early as 2 weeks prior to company announcement. For sure there was other news too, so not sure how you can ID specific stock reaction to specific action taken with so much going on each day at these companies.

Hope you are right though.

Back up to almost $12 now so that news didn't mean much.

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Back up to almost $12 now so that news didn't mean much.

They are only as good as their last news. 

For sure they are up with selling over 8% of their stock.  Market sees that someone willing to infuse that amount of money as a good sign.  Not sure of share price of sale, but think it was around $8-9/share and that is cash to them. When we sell/buy it is between us. They also have, projected, the longest run rate(cash run rate) without any revenues of the big 3 - about 12 months.  RCL is about 8 months.

I sure hope they are not using/counting on customer deposits in their cash flow calculation right now.  

Edited by shipshape sam