Silver Shadow

Lirio

Well , I am right

We are being flown out by charter, Australians NAD  new Zealanders first  5 pm  to Sydney via Santiago,

The airline is one that I consider the worst  I have been on, LATAM, but  beggars cannot be choosers. We are glad of  anything.

The staff will be  up front [ie Business], passengers economy ,with  food packs and water already  on  our  seats and we have been supplied with masks and  gloves we  must wear  throughout the journey, then  into 14  day  home quarantine

No food or  drink service and  I was on LATAM  4   months ago and  know what the packs will be  like .After  lobster and  champagne for  10  days  straight it will be a big  come down but we are  grateful to be  going  home.  I am prepared to starve as on  my last  trip.

After Sydney  we have  to  do domestic  flights We arrive Sydney  5,20 am so  home is   many  hours away.

We are  going  at last- yippee.

We now value our freedom  more than ever  before.We do not  know  what awaits us  at  home- maybe nothing  to  eat?? We cannot shop.

• Like 3

Hopefully you will fit the seniors cireteia which woolworths and coles have done for home delivery only.

If not, places like Hello Fresh and Marley Spoon still have delivery going.

The last option I guess is menulog.  Many of the smaller places like butchers and fruit shops are doing limited local delivery.

We left last night at about 7.30pm from the ship. Had to wait until all three coaches were full. I mean full. Then we had the full convoy of police cars, dozens of police on motor bikes etc. En rout to airport they had closed all road large and small that would cross of or go our route to the airport. As we left the dock gates even though night had fallen lots of tv crews and joe public taking phots. We were in masks and gloves. Another set was also given to us when boarding the plane. On arrival at the airport coaches pulled up to planes stairs. We were not assisted with our carry on baggage and a number of guests really struggled with the steep steps onto the plane. We had been given our seat allocation with the return of our passports. We were to,d before leaving the ship that we would all sit in economy and that the crew would not help or serve us. On our seats were two sets of snacks that included water bottles and very small juice plus a thin blanket. No head phones so a very boring flight. They did try to seat us a seat apart. 
on landing at Heathrow we were told that we would go through border control and heightened health checks, before collecting our bags and then to proceed into main terminal where Intercruises would then give us all our future flights either within the U.K. or to the continent. Ship side had no idea of our onward travel arrangements so somewhat difficult to make arrangements for pick ups at our final destination. Moss was also on our flight including voices of Silversea.

Although already said hats off to the Captain, Officers and crew for their continued high service and politeness in very difficult conditions. As our coaches left the water tankers were still delivering water 24/7.

whilst waiting in our suites for the sound of  the phone to ask us to proceed to deck three, an announcement was made asking of on the USA flight that was due to take off at 8am this morning Brazilian time there would there a guest that was a medical doctor?!

Incredibly when we arrived at Heathrow there was no check on our health at point at entry even though we were a charter flight that was known to bring passengers from a Risk/isolation and all wearing masks and gloves.

we are now T home, so relieved to be back with the great work of our Embassies and others

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 3/18/2020 at 8:55 PM, Ozzibroad said:

Roma,

I am so sad  that you have been left  out. Rest assured however  that our Captain has kept up to date with  your progress and  several  times  announced how you and the  positive gentleman  are going.

It is  a pity  you did not  know this.

Thank you for letting me know about that, it's very touching. Did he tell you that I have been readmitted to ICU? I had a lot of chest pain and my O2 levels were low so I needed a higher level of care. I'm still in ICU so I don't know when I'll be heading home. Hope you've all got home safely 

On 3/19/2020 at 12:51 PM, Tothesunset said:

Chin up, Roma. Good to hear your recovery progresses. 

You'll be grand yourself, so you will. 🙂

So you're Irish then?? Or doing a reasonable impression of one 😄 sad to  say but I'm back in ICU after going a wee bit downhill, so I did! Don't know when I'll get home. Safe travels